Cannot Land Sneak Attack On Dagger Storm

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

Hello!

I am am a P/D Thief and I have noticed that if I try to land Sneak Attack while an opposing thief is in “Dagger Storm Mode” that my attack just does not land.

I stay in stealth and my guy just keeps trying to land Sneak Attack but cannot.

Is this working as intended?

Thank You!

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Hello!

I am am a P/D Thief and I have noticed that if I try to land Sneak Attack while an opposing thief is in “Dagger Storm Mode” that my attack just does not land.

I stay in stealth and my guy just keeps trying to land Sneak Attack but cannot.

Is this working as intended?

Thank You!

Daggerstorm and the stolen skill Whirling Axe reflect projectiles, and therefor
you will shoot yourself. And since only damaging yourself you don’t get unstealthed.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, GW2 is really odd in some ways.

Try to Backstab someone with Aegis, Invulnerability or in your case, reflect damage back to yourself – stay in Stealth.

But leap against an insect while Heartseeking through your combo-field – 3 second revealed.

Also, hitting something with your first Heartseeker after comboing – remain in stealth.

Hit something with your second or third Heartseeker through comboing – get revealed.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

That’s intended, Dee Jay, and it’s not weird at all, it makes perfect sense. Since damage triggers revealed, having your attack evaded/reflected/blocked doesn’t count. Simple.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

That’s intended, Dee Jay, and it’s not weird at all, it makes perfect sense. Since damage triggers revealed, having your attack evaded/reflected/blocked doesn’t count. Simple.

Yeah, of course it’s consistent within the game’s logic. But from a game-design point of view it doesn’t make sense.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Seems like dagger storm can neuter P/D thief attacks for 8 seconds.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Also, hitting something with your first Heartseeker after comboing – remain in stealth.

Hit something with your second or third Heartseeker through comboing – get revealed.

The first heartseeker is what is triggering your stealth, so it wont break stealth. Every other HS after that though is done while in stealth, so thats why it will cause revealed— its doing damage while already in stealth.