Changes to SA to make /d viable

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

Cloaked in shadow is simply not a grandmaster level trait. On top of that it hurts /d build forcing them to choose between it and Shadows Rejuvenation.

My Suggestion: Move Cloaked in shadow to Master Level, and move Shadow Protector to grand master. In addition, let shadow protector grant 3 seconds of protection. Remove the rejuvenation if necessary.

Suddenly I can play my d/d build again without feeling totally kitten.

Oh, and revert the nerf to Shadows embrace. That’s all.

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Yeah the lack of blind on CnD really hurts /d sets.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I want to be able to take CiS and Shadow Rejuvenation as well.
And I want my condi remove back – I don’t want to be a sitting duck because I can’t get the immobilze and stuff from me.
Also, the might minor made us nearly as powerful as thieves who didn’t use SA = just like trickery; an offensive and defensive line – and that was good as I still had a chance against “full glass” thieves who can now chose panic strike and executioner, so I don’t think a bit might hurts.
Another thing I really dislike about SA is that I’m forced to use all the saint traits, how about putting all of them into a GM? = Merciful Ambush, Shadow Protector and Resilience of Shadows. That way those who want to be a ninja nurse can still be it.
What I’d love to see is Minor traits: “Immobilize effects are removed upon entering stealth”, “Some stacks of might” (doesn’t really have to be that you gain more the longer you’re in stealth) and CiS as a major.
But since it’s unlikely that this will happen: CiS as a major/master would be enough for the start.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s been mentioned and ignored since patch if moving CiS to master is too hard for you based on unknown reasons just add blind to CnD even if it has a smaller radius (180).

Edit: nope just make it 240

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

And what about “concealed defeat”? Basically is like they said " no reduced cooldown on deception" .

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Sagat.3285

And what about “concealed defeat”? Basically is like they said " no reduced cooldown on deception" .

No one is using Last Refuge either they should put the fall trait in adept instead,SA is wrongly organized.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Tbh I like SE as it is now and see it as a ‘buff’ especially fighting Condi builds. I would rather remove dmg conditions and day over things like cripple/imbo/chill as things like infiltrations arrow and shadow steps or any type of ‘teleport’ skill will ignore them conditions and with draw clears them. Although I would like seme way to remove weakness as the only way is via trickster or shadow return. Infiltrations return still needs to be used twice to remove weakness wich I don’t understand. Blindness meh.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Jana.6831

Blindness meh.

All 3 last weaponskills of X/P blind.

My bad: Headshot doesn’t

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

We all know that. I was on about removing it though. Can be annoying when trying to land a hard hit only to miss, enemy sees the white writing where I am.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I propose a location change and rework for some traits in shadow arts line to better synergise with weapons and improve survivability.

Firstly make Shadow’s Embrace the adept minor and Merciful Ambush a adept major. Reason for this is ma is situational and does not benefit you if you are alone (wvw) and se is mandatory and always picked if you go in to shadow arts (this same logic was used to make reaper’s might the adept minor in spite for necromancers and Elemental Attunement a master minor for eles).

Secondly take away the 20% venom recharge from venomous aura and put it in leeching venoms (give venomous aura another functionality apart from sharing). Reason for this is if you run 2 venoms (basilisk and devourer) you might want the reduced recharge, but as it stands it is attached to a trait that is team oriented, so if you are solo (wvw, or spend most of a pvp mach decaping) you have to pick half a trait.

Thirdly merge Cloaked in Shadow with ether the master or grand master minor but reduce its effectiveness. Make it blind on entering stealth (rather than on gaining stealth), reduce the radius to ~140(melee range), make the blind last 3 sec down from 5 and make the max number of targets 3 in stead of 5.
Reason is this trait also follows the reaper’s might logic in that makes d/d and s/d viable (not the flanking strike spaming plays style, but the tactical strike one), and for those sets it is too mandatory.
This would also mean that a new grand master major is needed to fill the empty slot, perhaps something like: blinds you apply can stack up to 3 times. idk get creative

Any thoughts on the suggestions are welcome.

This are some ideas i posted about rebalancing sa about a month ago. Naturally like most my posts it disappeared in to oblivion within hours.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

CnD gets blind baseline as its terrible in comparison to offhand pistol.

Cloaked in Shadows new function: Gain might on Stealth (old function), dagger offhand initative cost decreased by 1. —> Moved to Master

Hidden Thief: Stealing grants Stealth and blinds the target. —> Moved to grandmaster.

Easy fix to buff any /D spec and a slight nerf to SA D/P by having to choose between Hidden Thief and Shadow Rejuvenation + not making full use of Cloaked in shadows if they possibly take it.

Retired GW2 Player

in Thief

Daendur.2357

cut… and a slight nerf to SA D/P… cut

yeah because a nerf to thief is needed …

in Thief

laquito.5269

cut… and a slight nerf to SA D/P… cut

yeah because a nerf to thief is needed …

It is. In order to get any build variety, SA will have to be nerfed one way or another. And this would definitely buff /D whilst nerfing SA D/P, a build that is 100x better than any other thief build atm.

Like it or not, SA is the main culprit of thief balancing ever since the new trait system.

Check my last post for reference.

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)

in Thief

Daendur.2357

so your logic is: since every trait line sucks, except SA (which is pretty bad after patch) let’s nerf SA so thieves can choose the way they prefer to die, while being useless to a group.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

so your logic is: since every trait line sucks, except SA (which is pretty bad after patch) let’s nerf SA so thieves can choose the way they prefer to die, while being useless to a group.

What he meant was nerf SA that benefits only D/P then rebalance it to benefit other builds. Right now, D/P is the only one capitalizing the trait line.

I do not agree with his method, but that is what I think he’s saying.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Daendur.2357

What he meant was nerf SA that benefits only D/P then rebalance it to benefit other builds. Right now, D/P is the only one capitalizing the trait line.

I think that it will be better to not nerf anything and boost the trait lines that are UP. So thief can maybe become in par with other professions.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I think that it will be better to not nerf anything and boost the trait lines that are UP. So thief can maybe become in par with other professions.

I agree completely because nerfing hurts a lot more builds than actually hurting the intended build. When they nerfed Black Powder because of D/P, P/P died.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

laquito.5269

I’m not intending to nerf pistol offhand, I just want the SA D/P Spec to be nerfed, thats why SA has to be nerfed in one way or another. Trickery and Deadly Arts are completly fine as they are, they’re obligatory for any Thief PvP build anyways. What definitely isn’t fine is the easymode that D/P SA has become. If you don’t want the weaponset to be nerfed you will have to nerf Shadow Arts.

They could buff the kitten out of Critical Strikes and Acro and people would still rather play SA, because of its current design (passive kitten ftw) and its (exclusive) synergy with D/P. A simple buff to CS or Acro won’t change the D/P SA Meta.

I don’t get how you can possibly be against my suggestion, its certainly not the best, but it makes offhand dagger more viable for any spec and only slightly nerfs D/P by not being able to get Hiddenkiller and Shadow Rejuvenation.

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)

in Thief

Daendur.2357

They just have to set Cloaked in Shadow (without the falling dmg part) as Minor Grandmaster. Suddenly x/D will be viable with a blind on stealth, like it was.
There is no need to nerf. Thief needs buff.

in Thief

laquito.5269

They just have to set Cloaked in Shadow (without the falling dmg part) as Minor Grandmaster. Suddenly x/D will be viable with a blind on stealth, like it was.

I didn’t realize I was talking to a WvW player, not gonna waste my time any longer. Your suggestion would only work on SA, offhand dagger needs a baseline buff though, not just SA.

Retired GW2 Player

in Thief

Daendur.2357

I didn’t realize I was talking to a WvW player, not gonna waste my time any longer. Your suggestion would only work on SA, offhand dagger needs a baseline buff though, not just SA.

the 3d was about SA. btw it’s ok to make oh dagger better, but that should be done by buffing oh dagger, not by nerfing thief again.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’m not intending to nerf pistol offhand, I just want the SA D/P Spec to be nerfed, thats why SA has to be nerfed in one way or another.

Switching Hidden Thief and Cloak in Shadows will not meet your goal. In fact, it will instead empower the SA D/P build because they will simply abuse the “might on stealth” from CiS.

CiS is at the right position in GM. Instead of switching things around, CiS need to be at the same power level kitten. One way to do this is to buff, not nerf, CiS to apply stacking Blind condition — 5 stacks of Blind for 5s will make this trait appealing enough to rival SR for the GM spot.

They could buff the kitten out of Critical Strikes and Acro and people would still rather play SA, because of its current design (passive kitten ftw) and its (exclusive) synergy with D/P. A simple buff to CS or Acro won’t change the D/P SA Meta.

I disagree. If they buffed Acro the right way, starting by rolling back Feline Grace to its former glory, then you’ll see other builds other than D/P. We’ve seen other builds before, it’s just that ArenaNet is a control freak that wants every Thief build on a leash.

I don’t get how you can possibly be against my suggestion, its certainly not the best, but it makes offhand dagger more viable for any spec and only slightly nerfs D/P by not being able to get Hiddenkiller and Shadow Rejuvenation.

Read above for my reasons for disagreeing. Nerfing was never, and should never be, a solution.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Laquito: D/P doesn’t need a nerf – don’t compare thief vs thief, compare thief with other classes. If you do that you’ll find that even D/P thief is a joke compared to what most other classes can do.

in Thief

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

+1 to putting cloaked in shadow to master tier or adding blind to CnD. The blind was a huge defense for any thief not using d/p to keep their opponent blinded to negate as much damage as possible. If anet devs think its too strong (it isn’t honestly, in its last iteration imo) then reduce the radius and/or duration.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I understand what you fellas are asking for and to a certain extent I agree. First though you have to look at ALL the combinations of X/D.

The blind on stealth was moved to GM prolly due to the fact of P/D being able to spec fully into 3 lines. I’m sorry but before the patch looking a 3 GM trait P/D thief screamed OP. Also you remember that S/D the “evasion” weaponset would be getting access to blinds as well. You pair Blind on stealth, 25% damage reduction in stealth, AND Shadow Rejuv on those builds and we’d be facing the nerf bat.

I suggest reverting the nerfs to our defensive trait lines first, and while I agree that D/D power thief needs help YOU have to remember that buffing OH Dagger will inevitably buff Dire P/D. <—-Needs to become an unviable option for thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

I understand what you fellas are asking for and to a certain extent I agree. First though you have to look at ALL the combinations of X/D.

The blind on stealth was moved to GM prolly due to the fact of P/D being able to spec fully into 3 lines. I’m sorry but before the patch looking a 3 GM trait P/D thief screamed OP. Also you remember that S/D the “evasion” weaponset would be getting access to blinds as well. You pair Blind on stealth, 25% damage reduction in stealth, AND Shadow Rejuv on those builds and we’d be facing the nerf bat.

I suggest reverting the nerfs to our defensive trait lines first, and while I agree that D/D power thief needs help YOU have to remember that buffing OH Dagger will inevitably buff Dire P/D. <—-Needs to become an unviable option for thieves.

It’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of balancing, since your hatred of a certain spec would punish those of us that have played p/d since beta. You don’t like a spec, that’s fine. Don’t play it. Don’t think that your opinion merits ruining others game, just because you have a chip on your shoulder.

in Thief

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

What I would really like is if there were a rune set or GM trait that made steal reset when you have killed something. This might be OP, I don’t know. But it would improve every single weapon. I think it would help D/D the most giving it a gap closer on demand almost. It would help the best in WvW and in open world pve. In PVE I see myself stealing, stealthing with the trait or pre cast dagger 5, back stab and then repeat on next mob. Against multiple mobs it would be a powerful heal via mug and have some of that gameplay Guardians get when justice is reset on kill. It would be powerful against trash in dungeons but I think it would not be too OP in Spvp or against dungeon bosses. Having a gap closer that stealths you when traited more available would help staff too.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Traw: All condis thief has got access to have been nerfed, so P/D isn’t as powerful as it used to be. S/D will become the second set next to D/P with DD but they don’tuse stealth as much, so I don’t think that moving CiS to a lower tier or blind on CnD would do much harm.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The blind on stealth was moved to GM prolly due to the fact of P/D being able to spec fully into 3 lines.

I highly doubt that is the reason. It seems that though they have no idea where to put it so they choose a slot where it doesn’t belong in its current state. The only way to justify CiS being a GM is to make it better in par with SR.

I’m sorry but before the patch looking a 3 GM trait P/D thief screamed OP.

OP based on what? It’s not like Thief is the only one who has access to 3 GMs. For each GM that other professions also take, the effectiveness of 3 GM P/D diminishes. This “OP” stance is not based on reality.

Also you remember that S/D the “evasion” weaponset would be getting access to blinds as well. You pair Blind on stealth, 25% damage reduction in stealth, AND Shadow Rejuv on those builds and we’d be facing the nerf bat.

You’re not making any sense. If you believe that S/D is the “evasion” weapon set, then they would invest in Acro — not SA. :/

I dislike suggestions that takes away viability from any build.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Keep WvW out of this their food,stacks etc that’s to them to deal with,class balance is not based on it and bleed and poison are trash conditions. I would rather not nerf d/p that is the standard we need and please saying SA is passive Acro is. If they worry about CiS going back to master slot just add blind to CnD simple it really is.

Some keep forgetting that the rest of the game evolved as well the others classes also get 3 lines.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

T raw.4658

1. Ugly: P/D condi thief isnt the only build I’d vote to destroy. Just about all classes have a skilless cancerous build that needs removal. We can set up a separate thread to discuss positive changes to condi set ups to promote skillfull play if you’d like.

2. Jana: Notice I said prepatch. Post yes the condis were nerfed, but its still very strong. I believe buffing the defense lines takes precedence over OH dagger.

3. Sagat: Anet has balanced based on WvW quite a bit already. In fact how many of the plethora of thief nerfs were in fact based on WvW? Heck thieves in WvW are pretty much solely responsible for the removal of culling. So in terms of thief yes WvW is very much considered when balancing thieves.

4. Vincent: Many are clamoring for blind to be added to CnD. That would give blind to non SA thieves right? As for moving being able to have CiS, SR, SE, and -25% damage….Yeah no. That’s a bit much.

Look I understand the plight. I just can’t back changes that will create an OP monster. Remember they are looking to reduce some of the power creep they introduced.

(edited by T raw.4658)

in Thief

Jana.6831

2. Jana: Notice I said prepatch. Post yes the condis were nerfed, but its still very strong. I believe buffing the defense lines takes precedence over OH dagger.

Not sure actually as all of it works together. Whether you make a trait with blind on stealth or make CnD blind on stealth… is not that much difference as P/D thieves take SA as well. Only S/D might not take it, but as I said; few of them actually use D #5.
Come to think of it: Remove the falling damage trait from Cis and give it to Shadow protector and make that a GM (which no one would ever take).

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Not sure actually as all of it works together. Whether you make a trait with blind on stealth or make CnD blind on stealth… is not that much difference as P/D thieves take SA as well. Only S/D might not take it, but as I said; few of them actually use D #5.
Come to think of it: Remove the falling damage trait from Cis and give it to Shadow protector and make that a GM (which no one would ever take).

Put the fall damage into adept instead next to Last Refuge it deserves it

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Jana.6831

Honestly; it has saved me some times, last refuge has saved me as well, but I can’t take it anymore anyway as it’s in the same tier kitten and I don’t think anyone who has ever used SA has not taken SE, maybe we should make that a minor trait.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Honestly; it has saved me some times, last refuge has saved me as well, but I can’t take it anymore anyway as it’s in the same tier kitten and I don’t think anyone who has ever used SA has not taken SE, maybe we should make that a minor trait.

If Last Refuge was reworked and showed an icon when it’s off CD maybe, the fall trait was an extra for WvW. I doubt we will ever see SE baseline especially since they nerfed it just facetank that blind and weakness. I would be calm just knowing CnD got blind baseline or CiS is back at master tier.

If anything the extra initiative from Trickery should be baseline. There a couple traits like this for every class Fast Hands for war,Vital Persistence for necro etc.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Jana.6831

If Last Refuge was reworked and showed an icon when it’s off CD maybe, the fall trait was an extra for WvW. I doubt we will ever see SE baseline especially since they nerfed it just facetank that blind and weakness. I would be calm just knowing CnD got blind baseline or CiS is back at master tier.

If anything the extra initiative from Trickery should be baseline. There a couple traits like this for every class Fast Hands for war,Vital Persistence for necro etc.

I don’t need extra initative as a D/D thief ;)
But: If anyone takes SA, they take shadows embrace, so why not make it a baseline?

@cynz – yeah it always leads to: “How stupid are you taking the falling trait?! Bwahahaha” “but I want CiS” “Bwhahahaha a bit blind – are you stupid? Bwhahahaha”
From fellow thieves, btw ;) (although S/D and D/P)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

4. Vincent: Many are clamoring for blind to be added to CnD. That would give blind to non SA thieves right? As for moving being able to have CiS, SR, SE, and -25% damage….Yeah no. That’s a bit much.

You didn’t understand my post.

If they are to keep CiS as is, then it doesn’t belong in GM, thus it has to move to a Master where your fear will be realized.

However, my position is to keep CiS in GM but make it way better than it is to rival SR — for instance, make it apply 5 stacks of Blind for 5s.

SR and CiS practically do the same thing. One regens health while the other prevents damage where the net result is the same, thus they shouldn’t be in the same build.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

You didn’t understand my post.

If they are to keep CiS as is, then it doesn’t belong in GM, thus it has to move to a Master where your fear will be realized.

However, my position is to keep CiS in GM but make it way better than it is to rival SR — for instance, make it apply 5 stacks of Blind for 5s.

SR and CiS practically do the same thing. One regens health while the other prevents damage where the net result is the same, thus they shouldn’t be in the same build.

I’m disappointed in that judgement but glad someone made it this only applies when you play d/p because the blind portion is baseline on OH pistol(see where I am going?) without the blind to guarantee some of the healing SRej is adept level. Someone is going to call me stupid but think about coming up close with CnD and using SRej you will take more damage then if you were using CiS it’s trash without blind.

So the two needs to be usable d/p doesn’t take it because again the blind is baseline that’s why the set works it’s called synergy which they broke when the two were put next to each other. You could delete CiS it’s fine as long CnD gets baseline blind. “He who knows his name” I know you don’t play a lot of thief but this is a clear explanation of why d/p is the “only” option in PvP and why OH dagger was gutted. Anything works in WvW or PvE.

Vincent I hope you get that as well.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

A better one…putting CiS next to SRej is basically similar to removing blind from BP. Simple and unreasonable gutting “he who knows his name” you can try to do that and all of us will guarantee you anything with OH pistol is dead basically what you did with OH dagger except that one didn’t had it baseline. If that’s not logic I need to rethink everything I’ve done so far.

If you want synergy and not forced traits like SE give CnD baseline blind and you can delete CiS.

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

T Raw – bias much? I have played P/d since beta. I’ve seen the ups and downs of it. Again with the “skill-less” crap. I’d have to say P/D is almost the weakest it’s been since inception.

I don’t even run shadow refuge. I’m visible far more often than not. But I guess I’m a skill-less, no-talent hack, according to you.

Again, you let your hatred of a build color your opinion.

But everyone has their opinion. Ours differ, and that’s just fine.

Edit: As it is, thief has almost no alternative builds, unless you want to play d/p. DD ain’t bringing much to the party. The only two builds I see as viable (WvW) is d/p and p/d. Nothing else really has the staying power. If anything Revenants are getting the playstyle thieves should be seeing.

(edited by uglydan.1638)

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Some of you crying because lack of sustain, they gave you an option to choose both Shadow Prot and S.rejuv so that you can heal like a healing signet while stacking Regeneration through stealth(I do not know if this one is intended or a bug,if some of you has the knowledge please do share inb4 exploit) if you people still having problem with Thief sustain, maybe its you not the class because thief is not meant and design to access all possible sustain other class profession has(again prove me wrong).

As for Cloaked in Shadow; worth to be Grandmaster a good option to those who preferred glass or the other way around. What am i saying is, as offhand dagger i should have option to access blind like offhand pistol have (blinding works perfect against a.i doing burst when timed properly and good combination using Tactical strike mainhand Sword stealth skill cos of daze and it takes skill to land CnD against player in spvp scene) this comes from a thief who played their game the way they want.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Some of you crying because lack of sustain, they gave you an option to choose both Shadow Prot and S.rejuv so that you can heal like a healing signet while stacking Regeneration through stealth(I do not know if this one is intended or a bug,if some of you has the knowledge please do share inb4 exploit) if you people still having problem with Thief sustain, maybe its you not the class because thief is not meant and design to access all possible sustain other class profession has(again prove me wrong).

As for Cloaked in Shadow; worth to be Grandmaster a good option to those who preferred glass or the other way around. What am i saying is, as offhand dagger i should have option to access blind like offhand pistol have (blinding works perfect against a.i doing burst when timed properly and good combination using Tactical strike mainhand Sword stealth skill cos of daze and it takes skill to land CnD against player in spvp scene) this comes from a thief who played their game the way they want.

You partially missed my post SA thief healing is trash without blind which d/p naturally has but since it seems you agree with CnD getting baseline blind it’s alright.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

As for Cloaked in Shadow; worth to be Grandmaster

You partially missed my post SA thief healing is trash without blind which d/p naturally has but since it seems you agree with CnD getting baseline blind it’s alright.

Dont you think you misunderstood the statement above? But hey who am i to balance the Thief around me, i dont mind if they change the dagger Offhand weapon skill mechanic to make all this crying thief or other multiclasser happy, as per usual we adapt.

Dont get me wrong,all i wanted is (us) to multiply not gonna lay down my weapon and Mesmer take all the Credit

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

T raw.4658

T Raw – bias much? I have played P/d since beta. I’ve seen the ups and downs of it. Again with the “skill-less” crap. I’d have to say P/D is almost the weakest it’s been since inception.

I don’t even run shadow refuge. I’m visible far more often than not. But I guess I’m a skill-less, no-talent hack, according to you.

Again, you let your hatred of a build color your opinion.

But everyone has their opinion. Ours differ, and that’s just fine.

Edit: As it is, thief has almost no alternative builds, unless you want to play d/p. DD ain’t bringing much to the party. The only two builds I see as viable (WvW) is d/p and p/d. Nothing else really has the staying power. If anything Revenants are getting the playstyle thieves should be seeing.

I’m guessing you missed the video of the fella winning duels running a condi thief with no weapons?

If Anet would require Power/Precision/Condi damage as the ONLY way to pump condi damage then we might be able to have a conversation about skill and condi thieves in the same sentence.

Either way its not happening and you are doing yourself a disservice by playing p/d condi.

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’m guessing you missed the video of the fella winning duels running a condi thief with no weapons?

If Anet would require Power/Precision/Condi damage as the ONLY way to pump condi damage then we might be able to have a conversation about skill and condi thieves in the same sentence.

Either way its not happening and you are doing yourself a disservice by playing p/d condi.

You do realize that these videos were made before the patch, right?

in Thief

T raw.4658

You do realize that these videos were made before the patch, right?

And now we have a trap ghost thief build which is even more broken.

Like i said if we make conditions require high power/precision for optimal damage then I may change my mind.

Btw this isn’t thief specific.

And yes i do realize that they nerfed bleeding/poison/torment damage. Thank god they did.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Well, at least we have the “NEEEEERFFF” trolls back – I don’t feel so broken now.

in Thief

Jana.6831

So you think wvw players have got no clue and no right to say something depending thief class balance?

FYI: No D/P thief has ever taken CiS – although metabattle might have advertised it just like side strikes which makes no real sense for a CS BS, SA, T thief, but alas.

We are well aware that D/D needs a buff, problem is that buffing offhand dagger also means that P/D and S/D might be buffed – so in the end it doesn’t really matter, as if you buff the traits you’ll buff: P/D, D/P and D/D and maybe staff, don’t know too much about staff. If you buff offhand dagger, you’ll buff S/D and P/D and D/D. S/D will already get a nice buff with the DD line- but they’ll likely not take SA.
The reason why D/P seems to be “OP” right now is that all traits which were of use for D/D were basically removed wheras those favouring D/P remained or got a slight buff. So, buffing the line would likely not further buff D/P as they already got their traits. They could even replace the gimmicky saint traits and it would still not make D/P more OP as D/D and P/D would also have access to them.

Edit: forgot a comma

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

I am not going to talk much about the trait lines but some 1 said about 5 stacks of blind
I would be very careful here. Playing with blind stacks will be very dangerous thing to implant to the game. #5 pistol is still ‘perma’ blind some people say.

in Thief

laquito.5269

Wow, people go crazy once they hear nerf whilst obviously not having read my suggestion at all, thats why it’s completly pointless to discuss this stuff with you guys.

CiS moved to master and changed to Might on stealth + offhand dagger initative reduced by 1 whilst moving Hidden thief to grandmaster and giving it stealth + blind on steal would hardly hurt the D/P meta spec by compensating it with might access from CiS. On the other hand the SA traitline would finally offer things that are attractive for offhand dagger, because right now the only weaponset that can make use of SA is D/P.

You don’t seem to see the grand scheme of balance, cause you’re not thinking outside the box. Simply giving CiS blind on stealth + moved to master tier won’t change anything. Offhand dagger will never be able to rival offhand Pistol this way, thats why the blind needs to be moved to CnD baseline. Thief desperately needs build variety.

Other classes are completly irrelevant in this discussion as they’ll be brought down to a normal level sooner or later. If you’re really thinking this will overbuff P/D or D/D – specs that will never be played in PvP, or S/D, which certainly won’t make use of SA, you’re simply delusional. Also nice to see the hypocrisy in some peoples argumentations: “hurr durr can’t buff dagger offhand for SA cause it might be on par with my beloved D/P SA spec.”

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)