Changing Heartseeker to Heatseeker

in Thief

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

As the title suggests I would like to see Heartseeker changed to Heatseeker.

Why? Let’s talk Heartseeker. It hits very hard already, but spamming HS, HS, HS is boring and let’s be honest, it doesn’t take skill. So what could we do? Let’s increase it’s damage and double it’s initiative and give it a burn. Why a burn? Well for the non-condition users out there it actually does a lot of damage w/o condition damage, but for condition Thieves this would give them access to one more damage condition. There was a thread for giving Thief a torch, but I think this could be accomplished otherwise. We need to try and push this profession from mindlessly spamming one skill to win. I know some Thieves will cry bloody murder, but come on, wouldn’t you want to use other skills or give your profession more versatility?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

As the title suggests I would like to see Heartseeker changed to Heatseeker.

Why? Let’s talk Heartseeker. It hits very hard already, but spamming HS, HS, HS is boring and let’s be honest, it doesn’t take skill. So what could we do? Let’s increase it’s damage and double it’s initiative and give it a burn. Why a burn? Well for the non-condition users out there it actually does a lot of damage w/o condition damage, but for condition Thieves this would give them access to one more damage condition. There was a thread for giving Thief a torch, but I think this could be accomplished otherwise. We need to try and push this profession from mindlessly spamming one skill to win. I know some Thieves will cry bloody murder, but come on, wouldn’t you want to use other skills or give your profession more versatility?

No.

How about we give Body Shot a burn instead?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Goloith.6349

I’d be game for that, but I can see that becoming a real problem since it’s a ranged attack, think people would complain a bit more with having no risk with it.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

because theres no ranged skills that do burning at all already…

Im still fascinated by the opinion of how heartseeker is that strong tbh, doesn’t do that good a damage for its cost except in a specific situation and its easily countered in many many ways…

HS spam basically just kills bads, news and upscales… but then so does ANYTHING which is why only new thieves and idiots spam it.

Body shot that burns would be awesome though

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

Goloith I don’t mean to sound insulting, but isn’t your thief like level 15? You were asking advice on getting through early levels a day or two ago and this is the second “nerf heartseeker” thread you have going. I don’t know how you would think it is as strong as you say if you tried spamming it yourself, but you should at least have an idea of how it works now when you play against it as another class. Nobody is using it against you if you have over 50% health, and if you are under that, using it as a finisher is as situational as any other ability from any other class. Another class might hit 2-3 to finish you, but a thief does 2-2 and it takes the same amount of time.

in Thief

Goloith.6349

Goloith I don’t mean to sound insulting, but isn’t your thief like level 15? You were asking advice on getting through early levels a day or two ago and this is the second “nerf heartseeker” thread you have going. I don’t know how you would think it is as strong as you say if you tried spamming it yourself, but you should at least have an idea of how it works now when you play against it as another class. Nobody is using it against you if you have over 50% health, and if you are under that, using it as a finisher is as situational as any other ability from any other class. Another class might hit 2-3 to finish you, but a thief does 2-2 and it takes the same amount of time.

That’s the thing, I’m getting more aquinted with this profession, and I’d like to see more versatility. I actually see this more of a buff (hits harder) and a major condition buff for condition builds to use.

in Thief

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

Let’s increase it’s damage and double it’s initiative and give it a burn.

And lets remove the damage from backstab and give it a 2 sec confusion instead, so backstab becomes as useless as your heartseeker
No.

in Thief

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Personally, I think if I hit ‘2’ more than once all enemies around me should explode into rainbow sparkles.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in Thief

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

I see where you are going with the burn buff, but in my personal opinion, messing with heartseeker isn’t the ability we want to tweak this on. It would be a nerf unless they increased the damage to Double since the init would be 6 instead of 3. What other abilities have you played around with that just feel too weak or never used? Those are the ones that would be good burn candidates. I think body shot or headshot could add a burn at the expensive of another initiative point.

That or a trait like Searing Venoms which would add a stack or two of burning to a target when a venom is cast (not on strike). Venom builds need some attention/power.

I would like to see heartseeker make rainbow sparkles however.

in Thief

Posted by: Ekemeister.8905

Ekemeister.8905

@ op: Hs is supposed to hit hard on targets less than 25% hp. If you are claiming that hs is hitting hard on someone who’s >75% hp, lv 80, and in exotics, then post screens or it didn’t happen. Oh yes, it better be 1v1 and not boosted by assassin’s signet.
Thief experts have brought proof against this, there’s another thread on the thief forums where a non-thief is saying the class is not op, and I’m having difficulty believing your post is not troll simply by necroing an argument that has been defeated. Let’s make some meaningful progress in thought, por favor.

in Thief

Posted by: Jorase.5892

Jorase.5892

As a Thief player since December, this wouldn’t be good at all.

Remove a really good damage tool for a fire debuff and worse damage? I don’t really think I could do D/D anymore. I like heartseeker, but this could be applied to other skills or traits.
Now Searing Venoms actually sounds kinda cool. Every time you use a poison it has a chance to put burning on a target on hit? That’s pretty cool. (I know that’s not how it is but lolbalance)

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

I start to belive you are an thief basher OP
Thieves kill you with HS ? learn to dodge
Edit
I made this video specialy for you OP
Heartseeker damage is for sure too high, we should nerf it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehZhx_LZRk&feature=youtu.be
2-2-2-2 is not really viable , isn’t ?

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

in Thief

Goloith.6349

I see where you are going with the burn buff, but in my personal opinion, messing with heartseeker isn’t the ability we want to tweak this on. It would be a nerf unless they increased the damage to Double since the init would be 6 instead of 3. What other abilities have you played around with that just feel too weak or never used? Those are the ones that would be good burn candidates. I think body shot or headshot could add a burn at the expensive of another initiative point.

That or a trait like Searing Venoms which would add a stack or two of burning to a target when a venom is cast (not on strike). Venom builds need some attention/power.

I would like to see heartseeker make rainbow sparkles however.

That’s a really cool idea. Give people a big reason to use venom

in Thief

Posted by: Huechi.2658

Huechi.2658

I get what the OP’s trying to do with the wordplay, but Heatseeker doesn’t quite fit – it brings to mind more of thermal imaging than applying fire condition damage. And Heartburn sounds silly.
The two posters above suggested tweaks to venom traits instead for access to burning, which seems more in line with profession aesthetics.

in Thief

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Personally, I think if I hit ‘2’ more than once all enemies around me should explode into rainbow sparkles.

Press 2 with The Dreamer equipped? =P
Gotta love how people are disguising their 22222 QQ threads as other things these days. Every thief already knows that unless it’s in a smoke field or on a <25% target you’re wasting your initiative. HS is exactly as good as it should be already.