Channeled Abilites and Stealth

in Thief

Posted by: killerumbrellas.4537

killerumbrellas.4537

I was wondering if this is a bug or if it is intended to work as it does. If someone casts a channeled ability such as volley it continues to track you and do damage while you are stealthed. Is this supposed to be happening ? It seems like its broken and stealth should end the channel.

LARP | Regime Change

in Thief

Posted by: Stin.9781

Stin.9781

It should but its worst with rangers rapid fire tracks you for 5 seconds… i stealth eat damage during whole stealth and then emerge out of stealth with ranger still using that rapid fire …

Former Devils Inside Thief R43

in Thief

Posted by: Mclovin.9702

Mclovin.9702

Yeah this happens to me all the time. channeled single target skills like mesmer’s greatsword 1 or ranger’s longbow rapid fire keep targeting me, even if i go into stealth and move out of his line of fire.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

It’s a counter to stealth which the masses say there are none of.

in Thief

Posted by: Adein.2031

Adein.2031

Yeah, this makes me rage occasionally. Several times I’ve lost a large chunk health and died to a channeled attack after I’d already gone into stealth. It makes sense to still take damage while in stealth, but targeting and channeled attacks should drop the instant stealth activates.

Adein – SLAY – Thief – Ehmry Bay

in Thief

Posted by: Mclovin.9702

Mclovin.9702

There’s a lot of counters to stealth, like warrior’s shield block (if theyre getting attacked), area CC by hammers, ANY area skill that necros and eles have, even auto attacking the air.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

There’s a lot of counters to stealth, like warrior’s shield block (if theyre getting attacked), area CC by hammers, ANY area skill that necros and eles have, even auto attacking the air.

This is true but the mantra is repeated ad nauseum on these forums. “There is no counter to stealth”, “We need a counter to stealth”, “give us a consumable to see thru stealth” blah blah

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

This is true but the mantra is repeated ad nauseum on these forums. “There is no counter to stealth”, “We need a counter to stealth”, “give us a consumable to see thru stealth” blah blah

Mindless aoe spamming and swinging in the air may work but is hardly considered a true counter to stealth.

Currently, the only counter to stealth is stealth itself….