Charr Thief

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kyotee.7851

Kyotee.7851

I just returned to the game and have been gone a while.

I have a mix of level 20ish characters, one being a human thief. He has a great name, looks cool, in some nice looking gear – but something keeps pulling me to Charr thief and the ash legion story.

I don’t mind starting from scratch, and can use the stones to give him the cool looking gear. But in my head, I’m afraid of regretting the race choice later.

Anyone here play a Charr thief and love it? Or maybe play one and regret not making another race?

I’m thinking a couple notches up from the shortest male charr, with an average body build.

What about charr hidden pistol ability? Does that ever work into your abilities or is there just no place for it as a thief?

Ugg, why do Charr have to be so cool! =)

As a side note, a smaller male Norn thief wouldn’t be out of the question.

There are just so many human thieves, might be nice to be different.

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

The charr racials are not the best, although mine is a ranger. And most medium armor doesn’t look that awesome on charr. I use duelist skins, which is nice though. I can’t think of squezing hidden pistol into my utility skills. There is just no room for it IMO.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Charr Thief

in Thief

Kyotee.7851

I just made one to give it a whirl. I noticed that the cool blur effect on thief dodges is not included in charr dodges.

Call me vain, but that just was a big turn off. Guess I can always go with Charr engineer.

Thanks for your input..maybe hidden pistol will benefit engineer a bit more, the ability just really looks cool. =)

Thanks for you input =)

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

I just made one to give it a whirl. I noticed that the cool blur effect on thief dodges is not included in charr dodges.

Call me vain, but that just was a big turn off. Guess I can always go with Charr engineer.

Thanks for your input..maybe hidden pistol will benefit engineer a bit more, the ability just really looks cool. =)

Thanks for you input =)

Don’t know what you’re talking about, my Charr Thief has blurry dodges.
As for racial skills, in most situations you would never be using them, no matter which race you are, ever. Unless it’s for fun, of course.

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’m leveling my charr thief now and really enjoying it. The charr racial skills I dont see being used in any class outside of maybe engineer. It has the blurry dodges and all that, but on occasion is bugs out. Certainly not a reason to just abandon the character.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Choose a race for the looks and you will be perfectly fine. Racial skill does not matter at all.

Thief.

Charr Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Thief blurr is not showing up on my charr anymore either >_<

Charr Thief

in Thief

Kyotee.7851

I’m leveling my charr thief now and really enjoying it. The charr racial skills I dont see being used in any class outside of maybe engineer. It has the blurry dodges and all that, but on occasion is bugs out. Certainly not a reason to just abandon the character.

Not really abandoning the character, I already have a mid 20s human thief. The charr was just an experiment and didn’t get past level 1. =)

And no, just checked today on another freshly made charr thief and there is no cool blur effect on dodges for me on charr thieves.

Cool you have it on yours though!

Thanks for input.