Cheez build

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Howdy,

What’s the pvp cheezbuild where all you do is dodge…dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge? loads of conditions… can rarely be hit, constant healing, I don’t see any weapons on the person but keep getting set up against them. Just want to get to Ruby and be done with PvP for another season but every time I get that 4th pip… boom. So want to try this build to see if I can clear it

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

this for WvW, not sure of the PvP variant, but its a place to start at least.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Dagger/Dagger, Sages, Sinister or viper Amulets.

Use Daredevil

not going to tell you any more than that, because i don’t want my personal build all over the place.

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Acro/trickster/dd
D/D p/D
Pick “blaa blaa on evade and dodge” trait
Utility change as you like

Do your evade dance, switch to p/d when interrupted and proceed to troll further. Don’t forget to spam emote when u killed your target.

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This build sounds interesting. I would love to find a PvP variant to test this “cheese”

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The Interrupt build isn’t cheese as it requires timing to put meaningful condi on a player and lacks stealth. Int builds may look easy but node bunkers have reflect, blocks, invulns, etc making it more difficult to play. Good players know how to avoid Head Shot spam. Lotus Training is only good for covering condi not actually burning someone down. The build is significantly less effective in sPvP compared to WvW due to food and sigil differences. Basically the build is useless against decently played Tempests, Guardians, DH, Scrappers and Druids.

The far more deadly evasion version in sPvP is D/D with Death Blossom and Needle Trap. The stealth D/P Poison build is no slouch either as it is capable of dropping 15 stacks of poison on a player in a couple seconds and then goes stealth.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

The Interrupt build isn’t cheese as it requires timing to put meaningful condi on a player and lacks stealth. Int builds may look easy but node bunkers have reflect, blocks, invulns, etc making it more difficult to play. Good players know how to avoid Head Shot spam. Lotus Training is only good for covering condi not actually burning someone down. The build is significantly less effective in sPvP compared to WvW due to food and sigil differences. Basically the build is useless against decently played Tempests, Guardians, DH, Scrappers and Druids.

The far more deadly evasion version in sPvP is D/D with Death Blossom and Needle Trap. The stealth D/P Poison build is no slouch either as it is capable of dropping 15 stacks of poison on a player in a couple seconds and then goes stealth.

Just for reference my post is talking specifically about WvW, i dont PvP. It’s not really an interrupt build, it just has access to a few with basi venom and head shot whilst you have D/P out. whilst D/D is out It still relies on dodges/death blossom for applying condis.

Every dodge is 2 stacks of bleeding, 2 stacks of cripple, 1 stack of torment which is pretty good, overall versus a death blossom you are down 1 stack of bleeding but up 2 stacks of cripple and a torment stack.

Dmg wise for comparison at roughly 1500 condi/40% duration:

Death Blossom: 3 bleed stacks 6042 over 18.5 seconds – 326.6 dps/sec

Dodge: 1 bleed stack 783 over 7.25 seconds, 1 bleed stack 1566 over 15 seconds 1 torment stack 666(1333) over 8.25 seconds -293 dps/sec or if moving 374 dps/sec

Food and gear access i agree play a big role in making this build over tuned in WvW.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

In WVW I run D/D, Shortbow. Personally i run Full Celestial, (because i had the gear already) and i have a higher DPS then what you listed. I understand yu did not list everything the build does, but i would be remiss if i did not point out that the build also has Caltrops and Lotus on dodge, permanent Regeneration, Vigor, and Swiftness in combat, Confusion on steal, Poison stacks via Shortbow 4>Lotus or Blossom, Torment on interrupt (if you want to go that way), and the ability to solo up to 3 players at a time while at the same time capping a a camp. if built correctly the build will never run out of endurance, and initiative.

I know i’m not making a good case for this not to get nerfed, but it is fairly cheesy. Its also fun as hell while not being over powered.

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFOhVOB+OB8PhFqiqrnCgDw7C+gtbO77+wH-TpRAQBA4BAMxyAL4EA0hDBAIOCA9Y/BA

This be the healing cheeze build you seek. Have fun and remember to dodge!

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

Cheez build

in Thief

Link.1049

Do you have a link to this version?

Cheez build

in Thief

Link.1049

Thank you… I experimented and found something quite similar works well for me in pve, wvw and pvp (though in pvp it can be hard countered if built for it). One thing… why not havoc mastery or the one below that in your daredevil line? You have no physical skills.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFOhVOB+OB8PhFqiqrnCgDw7C+gtbO77+wH-TpRAQBA4BAMxyAL4EA0hDBAIOCA9Y/BA

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

I use Physical skills in my build. and you do it for the endurance. if you ever run out of endurance and your heal is off cooldown, you use bandit’s defense to but you first 3 seconds of block, then you get at least one dodge back, and that should give you time to heal and get your endurance back. Then, if you still need a little extra uumph you also can kick to buy time. Also it is great when using Impact strike for a stomp because if you need to bail on the stomp you at least got endurance back. Finally it makes bandit’s defense active every 12 seconds so every 12 seconds you get blocks and endurance and a stun. Also Bandit’s defense is a stun break meaning if they get through your auto stun breaker you can break stun and protect yourself ….theres just way to many reasons to take it.

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

In WvW more cheese can be had with energy sigils of course. A thicker slice of cheese has dagger/dagger in each weapon set with said sigils and quickpockets traited. Swap every 10 seconds.

Depending on the enemy fought SOM adds to the cheese. As example you will love Rangers, Minion masters, and mesmers as they add to healing and proc more evades.

In WvW and using this build here a tip. When near an enemy camp and encountering an enemy , do not fight outside the camp. Go into the camp where all the NPC guards are and DB away.

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Double dagger on swap is a waste of ability. just run shortbow. you’ll have the ability to disengage, more mobility, and you can still dodge spam while using the shortbow. you just have to play correctly.

Cheez build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Double dagger on swap is a waste of ability. just run shortbow. you’ll have the ability to disengage, more mobility, and you can still dodge spam while using the shortbow. you just have to play correctly.

It is not a “waste of ability” . There is a reason the “cheez build” uses d/d over shortbow and that because d/d superior to shortbow for the given build.

That added mobility SB offers comes at a cost and that cost is damage . Not only does infiltrators costs 6 ini, but the AA on SB in condition builds is weak and DB beats any of the other three skills (2.3 ,4) in the SB for ini spent. In other words If I have INI to spend 9 times out of 10 i want to be in dagger/dagger.

Now here the other thing about d/d and d/d off hand. yes you give up the mobility that SB offers , but you gain from maximizing the use of on swap sigils. With d/d sb you do not swap to SB just to proc a sigil. Being in SB can put you in a weaker position. this means if you have on swap sigils, they are not used as often.

If you go d/d d/d it predicated on you swapping every ten seconds. You do not worry about being stuck in a weaker damage set for 10 seconds. You swap. You proc the energy, you proc the geomancy. Every 10 seconds you get an extra dodge without fail. Every ten seonds (dependent of sigil choice) you inflict three more bleeds. Every 10 seconds you get three more INI off quickpockets. That DB /dodge train can keep going and going.

This does not mean SB off hand a bad choice. If the mobility off 5 important for people go for it but if you really want to troll in a cheez build d/d both set works fine for pumping out damage and that added damage can in fact kill a person who otherwise might have fled requiring you to use SB in a chase or bring an enemy down faster than he can bring you down so you have no reason to retreat and reset.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Um i think you misunderstood something., but i’m not going to bother arguing for SB. Most thieves will already suggest using SB on weapon swap regardless of build.

I will say, that if you insist that D/D on weapon swap is superior to SB on weapon swap, you need to go back and theory craft some more.

Cheez build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Um i think you misunderstood something., but i’m not going to bother arguing for SB. Most thieves will already suggest using SB on weapon swap regardless of build.

I will say, that if you insist that D/D on weapon swap is superior to SB on weapon swap, you need to go back and theory craft some more.

I did not say it was superior. I said there a reason to use it. D/D is not a superior build yet people use it. P/p is not a superior build yet people use it. They all have advantages and disadvantages. The greater disadvantage to not using SB off hand with d/d is lack of a ranged option IMHO over the infiltrators. That is obvious. That said if fighting at ranged with your thief using SB you are generally outmatched by the ranged options of other classes.

Most thieves use sb off hand for mobility. In WvW there not always a need for that mobility. I do not use it in my staff/p/p build because I have all the mobility i need.

Doing what MOST thieves do is not theorycrafting. it just following the meta.

The p/d build I also use , has SB off hand as there a need for that mobility. When theorycrafting there more builds than the one. The OP was requesting information on a build he saw in PvP. I mentioned what can be done WvW. others gave alternatives that could be used. not all included shortbow and I see nothing that suggests the build referenced by the Op had SB.

Cheez build

in Thief

Kirochique.9186

Thank you… I experimented and found something quite similar works well for me in pve, wvw and pvp (though in pvp it can be hard countered if built for it). One thing… why not havoc mastery or the one below that in your daredevil line? You have no physical skills.

I use it because it takes the healing skill down to a 16s cooldown is the only reason, really useful to have a healing skill off cooldown that quickly just in case.

All the dodge!

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Personally i use withdraw, but the physical heal works well too as long as youdon’t get interupted

Cheez build

in Thief

Link.1049

Ok so update from trying this evade to hell and back build for the past few days. It is GREAT in PVE. It operates ok in PvP… though I find it takes a long time to down someone, and when you finally do you’ve got to snap yourself back awake. In WvW… it’s completely and utterly useless against player characters. If you’re on a borderland that has no players on it, you could solo most towers with it… with players around, it seems impossible to get any of the evades to actually function, I’ve managed to get 1 or 2 off before being completely stun-locked.

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

Which one are you Running specifically. The one i run works great in all formats.

Cheez build

in Thief

Kirochique.9186

Dude In WvW is where the build excels, I have yet to find a 1 v 1 I can’t win and I can take on small groups of 4 by myself by simply dodging a lot and by using the steal every once in a while to confuse people on where I am.
I agree it’s okay in PvP but you can still win most 1v1’s (except DH cause FTS)
And yeah you can easily solo champs in PvE or take on pretty much anything

All the dodge!

Cheez build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Ok so update from trying this evade to hell and back build for the past few days. It is GREAT in PVE. It operates ok in PvP… though I find it takes a long time to down someone, and when you finally do you’ve got to snap yourself back awake. In WvW… it’s completely and utterly useless against player characters. If you’re on a borderland that has no players on it, you could solo most towers with it… with players around, it seems impossible to get any of the evades to actually function, I’ve managed to get 1 or 2 off before being completely stun-locked.

Early on after the release of HOT this build worked fine in WvW. After some time it became harder and harder to use as there more people who could adapt to and time their attacks for those evades.

Stun locks or Immobs will kill it.

You need multiple stun breaks to have a chance of success with it. In WvW if in a 1v1 you can usually do ok BUT if you face a player that dismantles you do not try again. He knows how to dismantle you and you have few ways of adapting to his play inherent in the build.

You can still on occassion find players that do not know how to deal with it or classes weak with CC and they can not do much against it. If you can not keep that spam going it falls apart quickly.

Much depends on the types of group you encounter. If they average players the build can still do well against them. I have soloed towers with my own version AND fought off 5 enenmies that came to defend it. One thing that hard is to get a stomp in after you down an enemy. Since it kills slowly they can generally rez each other too qucik and you can rarely afford to stop for the stomp.

Cheez build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The only heals that are not suitable or Skelk and HIS. They just do not function well with the build.

My own personal preference was SOM but my own build had more healing inherent in it using shamans gear. The healing brought in close to 300 per tick from alaways on regen, and just under 600 per DB from SOM against a single target. Feed in the DD heal of over 500 per evade and the heals were substantial. I found this the best counter to recovery from the stuns you would face as on recovery a few DBS could fill your health back up pretty quick eeven as you output damage. The Thrns runes were my preference as I found DB bleeds last plenty long enough and I needed to get poison durations up higher. Given I sacrificed outright damage to take shamans over dire, the 6 bonus pushed my damage up to a nice enough level.

Cheez build

in Thief

emkelly.2371

If you run what i’m running. you have 3 stun breakers, one is on a 12 seconds cooldown, the other is on a 12s cooldown. You should be evading most dazes anyway.

Cheez build

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It’s not really an interrupt build, it just has access to a few with basi venom and head shot whilst you have D/P out. whilst D/D is out It still relies on dodges/death blossom for applying condis.

Every dodge is 2 stacks of bleeding, 2 stacks of cripple, 1 stack of torment which is pretty good, overall versus a death blossom you are down 1 stack of bleeding but up 2 stacks of cripple and a torment stack.

D/D condi will typically have both Lotus Training and Death Blossom making your comparison moot. You also forgot to figure in Dagger Training which most D/D condi builds run.

Head Shot applies 3 stacks torment, draining sigil and Impacting Disruption. Death Blossom applies 3 stacks bleed, 1 stack poison and AoE torment/poison on crit. The advantage of DB is that it applies its condi consistently while HS is completely shut down by stab and reflect. The HS advantage is completely shutting down opponents by Dazing them and dropping damage that condi clears cannot remove.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)