Choking Gas

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Q:

Question is how does Daze work on it.

Say you are in a group of 15vs15 and there is 5 stack of posion on everyone. if we had 3 choking gas on the ground from same thief.

How would the Daze mech work if one of field targeted same player ? it says it only be cap to 1 daze pre second would that imply that it can not target that player again meaning it would pick another player.?

Or does it imply that it would try to CC same player but get cancel out because it can not.

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

From The WIKI

>>Daze Interval is unique per Choking Gas AoE.

This means to me that you can get more then one daze per second on a player if you have multiple fields.

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

When I tried stacking up Choking Gas on the testing golem in Fractals of the Mist, the Break Bar didn’t go down any faster when using three fields versus one. I don’t think multiple fields take effect.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Multiple of your own fields don’t have an additional effect. According to the wiki it sounds like multiple thieves each with their own CG will, but I haven’t seen it personally.

Fishsticks

Choking Gas

in Thief

Taobella.6597

see the way i understand it is 1 player get daze cap pre second. i thought if i hit 6 player first 5 would get hit by daze then second field would target 6th player within interval of choking gas pulse.

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Frankly it a hard thing to measure. In order to garner an interrupt the thing has to trigger while the person committing an action. If there a 1 second ICD it very hard to determine whether that Interrupt you you applied that seems to be happening at somewhere around that 1 second mark due to the ICD or the fact that since the last interrupt it took a full second for the enemy to try another action.

Now I have seen multiple fields and while this only observation, I am pretty sure more then one interrupt in a second against one player was being generated. It will take a whole lot of testing to be positive that the case.

The best time to test IMHO is on a downed where you are interrupting his downed actions as they generally do those any chance they get when downed.

Choking Gas

in Thief

Taobella.6597

Yeah i agree it next to impossible to test really hopping a dev could answer it

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

The interrupts seem to come at the same pace for me no matter whether it’s one field or three. Also, you have to consider that if you place three fields at once, the cast time for each will be around a second, so presumably the dazes would go off simultaniously in that case.

A better way to test it would be to have something with insane stab stacks, spam the fields on it and watch how fast the stab is stripped.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Test method is best on a target golem. Spider venom and combo with shortbow 2 to apply 4 stacks.

Drop a field and watch the golems bar. Wait two seconds after the first stun goes off and apply second field. If it stuns right away then it’s per aoe. If it takes 2 more seconds it’s unique per player.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Choking Gas

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The fields seem to cover each other and other fields cover it as well. Not sure about the Wiki but from our runs it seems to work like every other field in that it only the top field works.

The main advantage to having multiple thieves doesn’t seem to the extra CG but rather the extra Venoms and always having a poison field to finish through. One thief probably won’t bring a 15 man group down much but multiples probably will.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Choking Gas

in Thief

Taobella.6597

thanks guys for atlest trying to solve this for me : )