Cloak and Dagger

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

Yeah, another thread about /dagger to ensure this doesn’t slip away. Please allow stealth to go off on block(even if it doesn’t do damage), to compete with d/p’s stealth reliability. It’s pretty frustrating having d/d feel 218% useless against every guardian build, ever. Advice on fighting dragon hunter as d/d is welcome as well, even more now that their pull reveals.

I’m tired of d/p and d/d is more fun. Thanks

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Honestly an easy fix to it would simply just to make it unblockable. It’s got a high enough initiative cost that it would’t really cause any issues.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The damage coefficient is high enough to make unblockable break a lot of things. Cut the damage coefficient and D/D power has nothing left.

Block access and passive defenses in general just need to be reduced to let the setup work.

Having it apply stealth on blind/block/whiff just promotes lower-skill play in general.

The issues with D/D largely lie on DB and DD. CnD’s issues lies with the rest of the game’s design, its initiative cost, and the stealth attack ICD quickly making it worthless when in conjunction with the above given D/D power’s dependence on Backstab.

Just another OH dagger thread, though. D/D is fine in PvE and therefore will never get buffed. ANet does not care about inter-profession balance.

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Anet messed up, yes. They made the June 23th 2015 changes without having the interactions between professions in mind and they just invented stuff that was vaguely fitting for each profession when they designed HoT.
They obviously had no balance team for a very long time and now are left with the mess that caused. It will take a very long time to sort it out.
The problem with all of you writing here is that you are theorycrafters – what you say might sound nice and sensible, but I doubt that any of you really plays this game as fights usually last about 10s – either burst or be bursted – the one who hits first wins. There’s no skill to be had in this game anymore, there’s no real counterplay to anything as the damage is that high that it’s all moot. That means the wvw perspective. PvP might be different but in that game mode you don’t have to be able to kill anyone that’s why most of you were fine with ’thief’s role’ for the longest time.
But, also the complainers don’t get that everything is overpowered.
It’s useless to say that “this or that should be changed to this” for the most part. Anet needs to come around and balance nearly everything – it’s not done with a few tweaks here and there.
What the OP says and what is very true though is that reveal needs to be scrapped for good. You can still keep sic em, no idea if the dragonhunter reveal requires any skill, otherwise there should be no reveal in this game. Another thing that messes with my profession is the over access to group stealth – I don’t want that, I want to be able to control when I stealth and when I’m revealed – it’s too often that I use CnD in exact the moment some engi comes along to stealth me. Make it single target and only group stealth as an elite. And I don’t want anet to copy and paste this, I want them to read it, think about it and change what they think fits into what they intend for this game and I do hope they will do so for every suggestion that’s coming up as otherwise the game really is doomed.
And it is pretty close to be as no one really has fun in a skillless game, except PvE players.

ETA: And yes, I make Sinderers WvW duels the exception. But that really is the exception as usually no one has got time to react to anything when ambushed by whatever class.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah, another thread about /dagger to ensure this doesn’t slip away. Please allow stealth to go off on block(even if it doesn’t do damage), to compete with d/p’s stealth reliability. It’s pretty frustrating having d/d feel 218% useless against every guardian build, ever. Advice on fighting dragon hunter as d/d is welcome as well, even more now that their pull reveals.

I’m tired of d/p and d/d is more fun. Thanks

Honestly an easy fix to it would simply just to make it unblockable. It’s got a high enough initiative cost that it would’t really cause any issues.

The moment you brought up guards, you lose your argument. Anet wants guards to hardcounter thieves if you didn’t get the memo yet.
CnD definitely could use some love, not sure if making it unblockable would be the best solution as it would reduce amount of counters to it and players using other classes probably wouldn’t appreciate it (prepare for qq).
I think maybe CnD should give some kind of protection for xx sec if it got blocked or blinded for example. Or maybe apply blind regardless whether it got blocked or not (similar to ss).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Cloak and Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

CnD does not need a lot. Lower the cost by one INI. Make the stealth achieved via CND last 2 seconds longer base. This will help counter the 1 second ICD and make it much more competitve (albeit still harder to pull off ) with the d/p stealth when effect for INI spent measured. (a Non SA thief will get a 5 second stealth and an SA thief a six second stealth for 5 ini spent on success)

I really think this fair and balanced given various classes can pull off 6 second plus reveals now.