Cloak n Dagger 7.3k, backstab 12.7k..

in Thief

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

I was pretty impressed. This thief instabgibbed my thief. Currently im running 20/30/0/20/0 w/15k health, all zerker exotic.

Basically, he came outta stealth, stole on me, cnd’d me and backstabbed = dead.

During the whole attack i couldnt use any of my weapon skills to escape (dazed perhaps?)

Im thinking 25/30/0/0/20…but ive run the same build b4, and i never saw those numbers on a level80 with kittenll exotics.

Thoughts?

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Thief

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Probably Basilisk Venom and Sigil of Air?

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Thief

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yeah my thoughts are you’re running a scrub build and you got scrubbed on. Against thieves in your setup, even on my vitality sustained backstab build(valk armor, zerk accessories, 30 in SA etc), I can insta-gib you.

Oh and he most likely was a full zerk with basilisk.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

25 stacks of bloodlust sigil + 5% damage + 10% crit damage from food + 100 power from ourneymans oil + 15 stacks of might from activation

in Thief

Rinzler.8072

How is my build, a scrub build? I run many builds.

And for your info i wasnt really paying attention, i was chatting in guild chat. If i saw him comin i would have just dodged it.

I was just impressed by the damage.

But to the user above mentioning the sigil of air, does it show up seperatly in the logs, or does it combine with the CnD/back stab damage?

Videos:

in Thief

Rinzler.8072

That would make sense Oldgrimm. I jsut find standard d/d glass cannon builds a little boring. ran one for a few weeks.

Im having fun with s/d right now

edit: Where is the 15 stacks f might coming from?

Videos:

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

That would make sense Oldgrimm. I jsut find standard d/d glass cannon builds a little boring. ran one for a few weeks.

Im having fun with s/d right now

edit: Where is the 15 stacks f might coming from?

from signet activation at venom activation from traits

oops it should be 17 stacks, 5 from each signet + 2 from basilisk venom

(edited by Oldgrimm.8521)

in Thief

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

I was pretty impressed. This thief instabgibbed my thief. Currently im running 20/30/0/20/0 w/15k health, all zerker exotic.

Basically, he came outta stealth, stole on me, cnd’d me and backstabbed = dead.

During the whole attack i couldnt use any of my weapon skills to escape (dazed perhaps?)
Im thinking 25/30/0/0/20…but ive run the same build b4, and i never saw those numbers on a level80 with full exotics.

Thoughts?

Wish I had 75 skill points…

But seriously, sounds like standard kitten Basilisk-CnD-Steal-Backstab, with a signet somewhere in there.

in Thief

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

Who knows maybe there was an ele around buffing 13 stacks of might on him

in Thief

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

As always, this is very easy to explain.

With a 30/30/0/0/10 build, using full zerker, runeset of the scholar, bloodlust sigil and getting 12 stacks of might from venomous strength+signets of power+assassins signet+signet of shadows, we can get, in www, a total of 3052 power. Now add to that the critical dmg provided by this equipment and 30 points into critical strikes, and we can get + 150% crit dmg (=2.5 times more dmg). I get this with full zerker armor, dual zerker weapons, 5 ruby (zerker) trinkets+5 ruby (zerker) jewels and a guild backpack of the assassin+ruby jewel.
Now, for relevant traits, i chose dagger training (+ 5% dmg) and exposed weakness (+ 10% dmg) from power trait line; i chose first strikes (+ 10% dmg) and executioner (+ 20% dmg) from critical trait line; i chose flanking strikes (+ 5% dmg) from trickery line; add the +10% dmg from scholar 6th rune and the +15% dmg from assassins signet, and we get a +75% bonus on top of the critical hits, and for backstab we will even benefit from 3% extra dmg provided by the cloak and dagger vulnerability, for a total of +78% dmg on top of that crit. Now on to the math:

Damage formula is, as you can see in wiki, D=Power* Weapon dmg* Skill multiplier/Armor; the skill multiplier for backstab is 2.4, and for C&D is 1.62.

For C&D, we have ) D=3052* 981* 1.62/1980, wich is 6124.11 on a crit, now add the +dmg bonus, wich will be +45% (we dont benefit here from executioner, exposed weakness and vulnerability), and we are looking at a hit around 8879.96.
For backstab, we have ) D=3052* 981* 2.4/1980, wich is 9072.76 on a crit, now if we add the +bonuses, wich in this case is +78%, we are looking at a hit around 16149.51.

The OP took 7.3K from C&D and 12.7K from backstab, and i have to say, im not impressed… however, im impressed at 15K health on full zerker exotics and 20 points into acrobatics, thats 12805 HP, add watever runeset you want to that and i cant see how he gets 15K.

Adapt or die. I never die.

in Thief

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

There is food and WvW shiz

in Thief

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Glass Cannon Thief on Glass Cannon Thief is all about who hits first.

If you don’t want to die in that combo, change your build. Or get twitch reflexes and run Roll For Initiative on your bar to avoid their backstab if you can catch the Mug(especially if they have basilisk venom).

If you know a Glass Cannon Thief lurks about and you’re also a Glass Cannon Thief, you better be changing your utilities at that exact moment to trump him or else you deserve to be insta-gibbed.

I fight cowardly Glass Cannon Thieves in my WvW tier, so I’ve adapted to catch them off guard so they can’t even run before they can crush me… as long as they don’t bring more thieves onto me, which they do after the first two killings. You can mindkitten so many other thieves when you know how your class works and how the mechanics works.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in Thief

Posted by: BringBackMonks.7068

BringBackMonks.7068

As always, this is very easy to explain.

With a 30/30/0/0/10 build, using full zerker, runeset of the scholar, bloodlust sigil and getting 12 stacks of might from venomous strength+signets of power+assassins signet+signet of shadows, we can get, in www, a total of 3052 power. Now add to that the critical dmg provided by this equipment and 30 points into critical strikes, and we can get + 150% crit dmg (=2.5 times more dmg). I get this with full zerker armor, dual zerker weapons, 5 ruby (zerker) trinkets+5 ruby (zerker) jewels and a guild backpack of the assassin+ruby jewel.
Now, for relevant traits, i chose dagger training (+ 5% dmg) and exposed weakness (+ 10% dmg) from power trait line; i chose first strikes (+ 10% dmg) and executioner (+ 20% dmg) from critical trait line; i chose flanking strikes (+ 5% dmg) from trickery line; add the +10% dmg from scholar 6th rune and the +15% dmg from assassins signet, and we get a +75% bonus on top of the critical hits, and for backstab we will even benefit from 3% extra dmg provided by the cloak and dagger vulnerability, for a total of +78% dmg on top of that crit. Now on to the math:

Damage formula is, as you can see in wiki, D=Power* Weapon dmg* Skill multiplier/Armor; the skill multiplier for backstab is 2.4, and for C&D is 1.62.

For C&D, we have ) D=3052* 981* 1.62/1980, wich is 6124.11 on a crit, now add the +dmg bonus, wich will be +45% (we dont benefit here from executioner, exposed weakness and vulnerability), and we are looking at a hit around 8879.96.
For backstab, we have ) D=3052* 981* 2.4/1980, wich is 9072.76 on a crit, now if we add the +bonuses, wich in this case is +78%, we are looking at a hit around 16149.51.

The OP took 7.3K from C&D and 12.7K from backstab, and i have to say, im not impressed… however, im impressed at 15K health on full zerker exotics and 20 points into acrobatics, thats 12805 HP, add watever runeset you want to that and i cant see how he gets 15K.

You’re just listing minor traits that you don’t choose. Also, you didn’t pick up thrill of the crime for the 20% crit buff, so you’re actual crit chance is around 50%, which isn’t good enough to be worth it. I could be wrong because I don’t know much about WvW gear, but in sPvP it would be 52% for sure.

in Thief

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

U dont need Basilisk venom to do that. CnD + Steal followed by backstab, its one flowing action and you get no reaction time to counter it.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

(edited by seithan.4823)

in Thief

Rinzler.8072

you’re running a scrub build and you got scrubbed on

this ^^^^

This thread isnt a QQ or how do i beat glass cannon thieves. I can already beat them on a regular basis. I was semi-afk during this incident and i was jsut curious about his damage.

I only play WvW just running a 1 trick pony signet thief is worthless imho. Ide rather have shadow refuge, 25% perma run, and some other utility skill based ont eh situation.

Videos: