Clone/Phant problem

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

So idk if this is SPVP only or not but…

i noticed i have mesmer clones or phants attacking me while i am invis. no this wasnt channeled while me casting a stealth skill. it was well after…like 2-3 secs. happened several times last nite. thought it was just badtiming but….not that much.

anyone else experiencing this>

im sure its not my error. i have been playing thief since day 1 and have won tournements with him. very experienced.

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Someone should test this, it’s quite likely it’s true though.

A while ago some bug caused clones to get destroyed while the opponent was in stealth, they fixed that afaik which could have lead to that the clones keep targeting the player in stealth.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i was only getting their ranged skills if that matters or not.

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

Phantasmal Duelist, Mage and Warlock all have relatively long casting animations even before any projectiles ever become apparent. The animation started right before you entered Stealth, and you get hit by the actual projectiles 1-2 seconds later.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

kibbles i said that wasnt it. i have been playing since day 1….. i have won tournements…i have full ascend…full legendaries… im not a nub.

i said there was some kind of anomaly … ill try go back and get a video today.

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

kibbles i said that wasnt it. i have been playing since day 1….. i have won tournements…i have full ascend…full legendaries… im not a nub.

i said there was some kind of anomaly … ill try go back and get a video today.

So if they used another focus this problem wouldn’t happen?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

IDK … what im saying is…it wasnt lag or a slow channel or precast before invis. im talking i stacked invis even once….it was def AFTER invis. several seconds. idk many mesmer skills fromt he attack end but only from defense. i know none of them channel 4-5 secs+ …do they?

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

IDK … what im saying is…it wasnt lag or a slow channel or precast before invis. im talking i stacked invis even once….it was def AFTER invis. several seconds. idk many mesmer skills fromt he attack end but only from defense. i know none of them channel 4-5 secs+ …do they?

I think that joke went over your head, regardless I’ll have to check this later when I log. Haven’t seen too many mesmers lately. For some reason I see an abundance of warriors though.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

all the mesmers i see are PU or focus on blowing up and stunning. basically AI does most the work ….kinda lame of anet to make AI so much more relevant than a player.

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Stealth-and-clones-bug

another thread from mesmer perspective. they are targeting us while in stealth. and its 100% not a chenneling problem

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: Micho.8729

Micho.8729

Same thing happened to me in SPVP. In order to confirm, i stayed in stealth for longer than a single phantasm attack and the phantasms managed to hit me again even though i hadn’t pop out of stealth.

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Were you fighting alone? The only thing I can think of besides this being a bug is Phantasmal Disenchanter hitting you with an attack bounced off one of your allies.
Any idea what kind of phantasm it was? What kind of attack did you get hit with (animation/damage type/number of hits)?

(edited by calavel.6249)

Clone/Phant problem

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i was alone each time it happened and/or nobody was even close enough. i am 100% sure at this point this is a problem but i cant relate to when/how/why yet.