Cluster bomb bug

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Has anyone experienced what appears to either be a bug or the result of the target lagging (which I thought before it started happening quite often), where using cluster bomb right on top of a target, who does not dodge, block, or go invulnerable in any way, does not do anything? I mean nothing, no floating numbers, no damage, doesn’t put you in combat. Nothing. If you use auto attack or swap weapons and attack, hits are registered and damage is applied just fine.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Ohh Ive seen all sorts of Bugs, from none of my weapon skills not working causing me to switch weapons just to get them to work, which at the given time was not the weapons I needed. Lag bugs are going to be always a problem.

Heck even hunting down lagging targets can be a problem.

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

There’s a bug where if you detonate a cluster bomb too close to it impacting the ground nothing happens.

I’m not sure why, but I’d guess is because the 3 cluster bombs spawn below the collision layer of the terrain

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Impact.2780

I’m 99% sure it’s not due to lag, having seen it numerous times now.

There’s a bug where if you detonate a cluster bomb too close to it impacting the ground nothing happens.

I’m not sure why, but I’d guess is because the 3 cluster bombs spawn below the collision layer of the terrain

This would explain it. This bug and no valid path to target is making thief quite irritating at times. Earlier today I lost a 1v1 with so many escape options and cool downs, just because my attempt to port up to someone gave me “no valid path to target,” and an instant later my target ported down to me just fine.

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Cluster bomb also disappears if you shoot it into like, the gates on lord map

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

Cluster bomb bug

in Thief

Impact.2780

It literally just happened to me again, a whole bunch of times in a single match. When it happens thief vs. thief it’s basically an instant lose. I’m going to have to try and remember to aim it so it lands a bit away from myself so I have time to detonate it without it "spawning under the ground." I’ve not encountered this so much before because I don’t do it as much on S/D, but am brushing up on D/P in light of the upcoming changes. Surely if it’s on the ground at that point though, it should just deal large explosion damage.

Edit: Or it could be that my S/D thief is human, and my D/P thief is asura (closer to the ground).