Clusterbomb Arrow is terribly slow

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Clusterbomb is a great ability, there’s no doubt about it.

However the animation, especially the projectile itself is incredibly and unrealistically slow. I know it arcs which increases the travel-time compared to an auto-attack but the speed itself is still very slow.

This makes “tagging” mobs during Dynamic Events somewhat difficult at times and makes the ability feel a little unresponsive at times.

Can we please “speed up” the projectile speed of Clusterbomb by at least 50%. It would make it feel a little “snappier”.

in Thief

Posted by: Mithos.9572

Mithos.9572

1) Stand next to mob.
2) Click 2
3) ????
4) Profit

in Thief

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

It was slowed down because the damage output and the ability to spam it made it far more powerful than any other ability. In the beta weekends you could literally wipe out a melee group by mashing 2 and stacking 25 bleeds almost instantly (with detonation) or do 5-7k crits. The timing was necessary, however if you want to see something cool, get into voip with 4 other thieves and time your cluster bombs when defending a keep. Count out 3…2…1…fire in vent and watch those door bashers melt under 35k worth of combined crits.

in Thief

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Count out 3…2…1…fire in vent and watch those door bashers melt under 35k worth of combined crits.

That is just mean …..I love it

Ulfar SOR

in Thief

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

1) Stand next to mob.
2) Spam 2
3) ????
4) Profit

This is what I do, up close and personal. Although it kinda defeats the meaning of the bow to be a ranged weapon. :P

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

1) Stand next to mob.
2) Click 2
3) ????
4) Profit

Completely defeats the purpose of a ranged weapon, however this is what everyone is forced to do… a serious design flaw. If it’s too powerful, nerf it but it is just terribly slow at range. Decrease the raw power but increase the bleed stacks combined with speeding up the travel time maybe? Whatever it would take to increase travel time, I’m all for it.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Thief

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

I’m guessing the slowness is actually intended as a feature to make it easier to detonate it at the right moment. Since almost no one detonates, might as well make it fast and rename it to arrowbomb or something.

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

You do more damage when you detonate than not, and triple your bleeds. Not to mention more hits = more “on crit” effects.

Any time you’re not in a combo field, you’d have to be crazy not to detonate.

in Thief

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

You do more damage when you detonate than not, and triple your bleeds. Not to mention more hits = more “on crit” effects.

Any time you’re not in a combo field, you’d have to be crazy not to detonate.

Bleed damage is almost nothing on my build and if one of the 3 small bombs miss, I’m getting less damage. Especially on walls, I feel like it’s better not to detonate.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, it used to do more damage when detonated, but I don’t know what changed.

Now it’s certainly more effective to let it impact the ground. That also has the added benefit of triggering combo-fields.

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Yeah i’m finding detonation a bit pointless. Extra bleeds are nice but I have no condition damage really so meh. And the raw damage is close to the point it’s hardly worth the risk of missing one of the clusters.

Bit sad as it’s become a skill where skill was involved in it, to one where the skill in the skill is a skill not worth using.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Tesh.5703

Tesh.5703

Elthurien, didn’t Rogues/Thieves use 1d6 for hit points? The only class to use 1d4 was Mage.

Killing is just another way of living

in Thief

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

It’s lol that I can run faster than I can shoot a cluster bomb with the SB. At max range (or any range for that matter), if I shoot it in front of me while running it will land slightly behind me…WTF?!?!

An engineer can throw a bunch of grenades further & faster than I can shoot one from my shortbow. Logic fail.

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Projectile speed on Cluster Bomb and Trick Shot is the basis for 90% of my complaints about Short Bow.

in Thief

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

My guess is this will be changed in the upcoming update, because it is an example of OP AoE versus singletarget (P/P Unload) in the first place.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I would get healed for 2.8K/second when paired with a ranger instead of 1.4K/second :P

The real great thing about it is it’s the best combo finisher in the whole game, and a ranged one. Making it faster would be too good.

In dungeons, if I start seeing circles made by teamates, I smile and start activating every single one of them. As I said, a water combo makes you the best healer in the game, and Ranger’s water combo lasts 15 seconds. My second favorite is Etheral fields for Chaos Armor, and then Fire Fields for 3 Might Stacks.