Coming Back to the Thief

Coming Back to the Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Quarantine.3702

Quarantine.3702

Over the past month I decided to take a break from the game. Not enough really interested me to stay active in-game. However, with the recent update to the living story, I now want to get back into the game. My main is a max lvl thief and I was wondering what the state of the game is for us. Since the patch I’ve seen a lot of people arguing on the forums about the ‘nerfs’ to the thief and it’s current state.

As someone who has only dabbled in other classes and only really plays a thief, I want to know honestly what the current state of the thief is. I generally play D/D and SB, going for SA, AC and CS trait lines. Also, I only play PvE.

So what has changed with the thief? Is the thief still viable in PvE or should I roll a different class? If it is, what builds are still going to work well?

Thanks guys

Coming Back to the Thief

in Thief

Posted by: uzu.7351

uzu.7351

“So what has changed with the thief? Is the thief still viable in PvE or should I roll a different class? If it is, what builds are still going to work well?”

rlly? you didnt even bother reading the thread titles?)

Coming Back to the Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Quarantine.3702

Quarantine.3702

“So what has changed with the thief? Is the thief still viable in PvE or should I roll a different class? If it is, what builds are still going to work well?”

rlly? you didnt even bother reading the thread titles?)

Obviously I’ve read other thread titles and through some of the threads. However, I don’t really like reading through posts of people QQing at ANet about how broken the thief is. That’s been there since the start of the game, through every patch. All I want is clear feedback with solid reasoning behind it. I’ve spent enough time on this forum to be able to tell when people are just rage posting for the most part.

Coming Back to the Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

Basically now we have less DPS, Regeneration and Cond. Removal due to the 1 sec increase in the Revealed debuff.

Coming Back to the Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

Basically now we have less DPS, Regeneration and Cond. Removal due to the 1 sec increase in the Revealed debuff.

~33% less. Play well, all is well until you meet the bad apples who want nothing to do with thief in PvE anyway.

Also, I’m still having a blast in PvE, myself. Stealth spec, or no stealth spec.