Concerned about D/P in HoT.

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Guys, i think im not the only one, but im worried once the expansion comes out, do you think D/P will “loose” its effectiveness not having Daredevil traitline?

Im used to DeadlyArts, ShadowArts and Trickery, will this build still be good or DD will be a need?

Sry for the noob question, just came back to the game after a long break.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

D/P doesn’t need Daredevil at all to be effective. If you want to use D/P, don’t pick daredevil, that trait line isn’t meant for the spike damage *playstyle D/P offers anyway.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

I see, i didnt play the bwe’s, and i see lots of daredevil vids showing their dmg potential, thats why i was worried, even staff looks very decent in dmg.

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Alright so, you’re asking two questions here.

One: Will DP lose it’s effectiveness in HOT? Yes. Stealth builds are being heavily gutted by: Not being improved in ways they need to be improve, being ignored, and the game receiving a lot of extremely hard counters to stealth play (Engi’s, taunt ect)

Two: Will DD be necessary for DP thieves? No. It will not. However DD / trickery / Sarts will likely be our best available build in HOT unless staff or or s/d or some thing improves past it.

Either way it’s all moot with how broken AF some of the other elite specializations are, thieves in general likely won’t be viable till the first major balancing patch / the second season of leagues.

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

I’ve already made another post regarding D/P thief viability with HoT… as I’ve had the chance to test one of the most powerful reveal mechanics that’s introduced with scrapper on BWE3. You can find it here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Stealth-lives-on-o/first#post5588107

On top of the Scrapper reveal I can add that we’ve always had Sick ’em from Rangers and Lock On from Engineers for quite a while and meta-game still revolved around stealth play for d/p thieves. The introduction of several other reveal mechanics are what we should look at and so far, out of the new reveal mechanics, the Dragon Hunter trap and Revenant reveal (360 range as opposed to 900 range on scrapper) are both inferior to Scrapper Reveal.

Of course time will tell

(edited by bliss.4305)

in Thief

Posted by: Star.8401

Star.8401

D/P thieves will still be useful because of their mobility and how quickly they can eliminate someone from a fight

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

D/P thieves will still be useful because of their mobility and how quickly they can eliminate someone from a fight

Revenant. Can keep up with thieves. Reveal thieves. Deal as much damage as thieves… while having a lot more survivalbility.