Condi Daredevil build everyone's using?

in Thief

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

I keep seeing people talk about this daredevil condi build which I cannot find anywhere. What is it?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

If from a WvW perspective (or pve) the numbers are overstated. There are people who just feel that anything Condi is not skill based so anytime they lose to a condi build they complain about how “out of control” the build is. It the same people complaining over and over again about a build rarely used, giving the impression they are rampant in numbers.

In a typical night WvW I see one in 10 at most condi thief builds. The majority of these are the old p/d build. I myself play at times a d/d db condi build and can roam entire weeks without seeing another.

With D/D it just the old unicorn build refined and with p/d it pretty standard built around stealth and sneak attacks for bleeds. Some few use d/p and trappers with high stealth uptime.

Now I do not PvP and maybe more are seen there. I will let another answer to that mode.

in Thief

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

If from a WvW perspective (or pve) the numbers are overstated. There are people who just feel that anything Condi is not skill based so anytime they lose to a condi build they complain about how “out of control” the build is. It the same people complaining over and over again about a build rarely used, giving the impression they are rampant in numbers.

In a typical night WvW I see one in 10 at most condi thief builds. The majority of these are the old p/d build. I myself play at times a d/d db condi build and can roam entire weeks without seeing another.

With D/D it just the old unicorn build refined and with p/d it pretty standard built around stealth and sneak attacks for bleeds. Some few use d/p and trappers with high stealth uptime.

Now I do not PvP and maybe more are seen there. I will let another answer to that mode.

Yes it’s for WvW, sorry I forgot to clarify. What’s the P/D daredevil build and where can I find the D/D unicorn build? I want to hunt them down on my Necro.

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

In sPvP, it’s something along these lines:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCdmilOBGNB8PhlWCb+EuCfhelh2QKSLAcAWAA-TpxCQBW4QAcwyAA4IAcsTAAV2fYaPAAA

You can swap DA for Acro if you want less damage and more sustain. Withdraw is another viable heal. Caltrops can also be swapped in for one of the damaging utilities. Impact Strike is another viable elite. If you don’t take physical skills, trait in Weakening Strikes. You also have a lot of viable choices with runes and sigils. Even the amulet can be swapped around if you want to adjust damage and sustain.

Just be aware that this is a low skill floor build that’s easy to start playing, but it also has a low skill ceiling and is significantly less effective as you get into higher tiers of play.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In WvW, the two most common are the trap version and a D/D Death Blossom version. I posted one a while back that is pretty different. Since I hate fighting against it, I rarely mention it and will not post videos of it in action.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

in Thief

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I am currently using a similar build to this one. Carrion gear, sinister trinkets so it have some vitality. Anyway i mostly do WVW and i like the build but too squishy. Anyway i am learning but i feel that P/D would be so much better, i like DD but it doesn’t have like a skill to get running targets. Only steal and the cooldown is a little long, if people start running away i miss D#3 and all that. Anyway anyone have some videos about people using this build or similar? maybe i can learn a few

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s called Ebola.

There’s a few ways you can do it~ liek the ones posted basically Deadly Arts + DareDevil is required and Trickery for Damage, Acrobatics for Survival, Shadow Arts for Venoms.

I personally prefer Viper armor to enhance all the Durations, with 3 Carrion Trinkets for some HP atm.. I started trying out Rune of Thorns recently. I have like 104% poison duration and 46% Bleed.

I am currently using a similar build to this one. Carrion gear, sinister trinkets so it have some vitality. Anyway i mostly do WVW and i like the build but too squishy. Anyway i am learning but i feel that P/D would be so much better, i like DD but it doesn’t have like a skill to get running targets. Only steal and the cooldown is a little long, if people start running away i miss D#3 and all that. Anyway anyone have some videos about people using this build or similar? maybe i can learn a few

If only Pistols could inflict Poison too.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

NemesiS.6749

It’s called Ebola.

There’s a few ways you can do it~ liek the ones posted basically Deadly Arts + DareDevil is required and Trickery for Damage, Acrobatics for Survival, Shadow Arts for Venoms.

I personally prefer Viper armor to enhance all the Durations, with 2 Carrion Trinkets for some HP atm.. I started trying out Rune of Thorns recently. I have like 98% poison duration and 50 something percent Bleed, I don’t remember exact number.

If only Pistols could inflict Poison too.

yea i like the build, is good but requires practice and is hard, 1 mistake and 1-2 hits can kill you from a warrior or whatever. Still i like it, so many dodges lol. D/P is my favorite but i dont want to spend more gold in zerker gear, laurels and all that to get ascended trinkets when i have full ascended as condition (one of the reasons i went condi, i had half the gear ready to go) but i love dagger pistol, which it was more condi as you say lol. Anyway if someone have a video or tips let me know, my biggest problem with DD is when people start running away, maybe i should stop using steal at first and save it for when they run but i dont know.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah it’s pretty squishy but fun. One of the main fun killer for me though with Condi Thief is the lack of swiftness. I actually started using Dash over Lotus and playing around with Venoms lately in WvW for the speed and defense.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

NemesiS.6749

Yeah it’s pretty squishy but fun. One of the main fun killer for me though with Condi Thief is the lack of swiftness. I actually started using Dash over Lotus and playing around with Venoms lately in WvW for the speed and defense.

yea i cant play a class without any kind of speed buff or anything, just feel so slow. That said shortbow #5 is ok, thief is probably the only one that doesnt need swiftness IMO, SB 5 and the traveling distance is the same as swiftness or close to it. You can also get that traitline that have swiftness on dodge, doesn’t last long but is something.

right now i was fighting a berzerker (yea i knew i was going to die) but when he gets in trouble he start to run away, no way to close the gap if everything is on cooldown. i suppose i should have run away too and dont give him the pleasure but he recover and i died. lol

(edited by NemesiS.6749)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Except a lot of the people complaining have tried these build and stopped playing them because it’s so easy it isn’t even fun.

I have literally 1v10’ed on my condi D/D thief. There are videos of people playing the build with their face because it’s so easy and overpowered (to think condi mesmer is worse…). A number of the people I’ve taught how to play power thief well have previously played condi and have admitted most condition builds take next to no skill after being exposed to playing glass builds and subsequently losing close to every fight they partake in for months on end when against reasonably skilled people.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Except a lot of the people complaining have tried these build and stopped playing them because it’s so easy it isn’t even fun.

I have literally 1v10’ed on my condi D/D thief. There are videos of people playing the build with their face because it’s so easy and overpowered (to think condi mesmer is worse…). A number of the people I’ve taught how to play power thief well have previously played condi and have admitted most condition builds take next to no skill after being exposed to playing glass builds and subsequently losing close to every fight they partake in for months on end when against reasonably skilled people.

They may take less skill but they are easy to counter. When I bring in that d/d condition thief, mine built around a lot of healing, he can fight 1v5 and more with ease if they are average or below average players. I can generally tell within 15 seconds just how good said group is. If there one or two players that know how to fight it, than it easy to counter. CC and Immobs kill and the landing spots of your Dbs are easily predicted. A predictable thief is a dead thief. When i do encounter that type I switch up from the spam and use more AA , utilities and the like.

As to boredom any build gets boring after a while. I find d/p even more boring and do not have any toons that use it even though it meta. This why I now have 5 thieves all different builds. Get bored with the style of one and change up. The hardest part of this is trying to remember whch one you are on.

I have other professions as well having taken all up to 80 and still find that boring d/d DB build more fun than many of those others. I get bored on my Necro and Guardian easier even as others like that class. Boredom is subjective. Just because you might not like the style and find it boring, it does not mean that everyone does.

As to whether glass builds require more skill than one that does not, that again a lot of people telling themselves that. Glass builds are there for a defined purpose and that taking down an enemy quickly. If that enemy can prevent that , recognize your spikes and burst and avoid them and take that glass build out instead then Mr Glass was outplayed. Part of the element of skill is doing what works.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

NemesiS.6749

easy lol i get owned all the time but then i suck at 1v1 and my reactions are slow lol. That been said i have entered entire zergs and came out alive and well. Is fun but like i said 1,2 hits and you are done. What do people use with this kind of build? full dire? I am currently using carrion and sinister trinkets, accessories. Maybe with full dire is better? i dont like full dire because i need to see at least some crits and big damage on the screen to feel i am doing something lol but maybe with full dire the build is “easier” i dont know, dont play the thief much.

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

P/D is fun to play because it gives you an evade in the form of a teleport. P/D is also fun because it relies on the timing of CaD but has the flexibility of a ranged weapon. High stealth uptime is essential to do damage because it relies on Sneak Attack. This is the condition variation to what I consider a classic thief—D/D backstab. (Lots of stealth, lots of damage. High burst and terrifying to fight against because they can stay hidden). The main difference is that the burst is less—because condi—but the survivability is higher due to more armor.

Of course a condition build doesn’t see the big burst numbers that power does. I rarely see it used by other players because a lot of thieves play for “big numbers” that only power builds can achieve.

Right now I’m working on a P/P build and I really miss the flexibility of having an offhand dagger.

As to the Dire v. Sinister debate. Hybrid does a lot of damage (just fewer big crit numbers) and is just as much glass as zerker builds. Dire is like taking soldier’s. You are losing out on big bursty crit numbers. Your base damage—in either case—will be lower but you will be able to better survive being ganked.

A lot of glass thieves will target another thief with the expectation that lower HP/armor + first to engage will win. They are often frustrated by thieves with enough hp/armor to survive long enough to get a teleport stunbreak off (and therefore survive).

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

The closest thing I can find is this for WvW:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Condi_Roamer

However, metabattle lists it as a test build, meaning it hasn’t been 100% vetted yet.

Since PvP gear is basically free, I’m not that worried about it. Experiment and find what you like at zero cost.

This is being tested for raids.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Venom_Share

PvE? Just about any build can handle PvE.

I can’t find any agreement on what constitutes the best WvW condi gear. Is it Viper’s? Carrion? Dire? Rabid? Sinister? The build being tested for WvW lists carrion with sinister trinkets, but since it’s just a test build, I’m not sure how much faith/money to invest in that.

in Thief

saerni.2584

That looks like a valid P/D build. My comment on the armor is that condition builds generally need to survive longer to deal their damage so…but I can see it working for some people.

EDIT:

Dire is what I use, with a bit of Trailblazer thrown in to boost damage. This is for WvW where I often am facing multiple person roaming groups, or multiple defenders. I tend to solo roam so taking a strong defense is very helpful as a general rule. The difference between 2200 and 3100 armor does matter given the relatively small HP a full Dire thief gets.

Thief (Daredevil)

(edited by saerni.2584)

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

^

from my experience, for wvw play and solo roam a mix of DIRE and TB is most optimal. This is the wvw condi roaming build I use. It is P/D D/P, and what is most interesting about this build is that the strongest burst come from the D/P set not the P/D set.

I’ve gotten up to 19 poison stacks with this spider venom/impairing dagger’s D/P AA combo (must use dagger training trait) and headshot spam followup to interrupt the panic heal and laydown extra torment while procing draining sigil.

I’ve had alot of people pm me “wtf” in the field because of how intense this burst can be when you catch someone off guard or with cleanses/stunbreak on CD.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoa6Yn8lCdmilOBGNB8PhlWCzrMEpSRaBgDwCY+EuCnhA-TlSAQBR7hAogjgwDPBgKFTSJYO0ggK1V8y+DKS/wYU+BgDQQAAEgZWmlZZGM0hO0hO0h2Mn5Qn5QnZpAWUaE-w

I use nightmare runes (personal preference), but obviously perplexity runes are superior if you want an even stronger burst with the follow up headshot interrupt.

in Thief

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I am working on a condi build that uses P/D and D/P. Great mobility with the #3 skill on the sets, and the D/P (whose #3 skill shadowsteps to the target) has the stealth on 5 followed by 5 stacks of bleed on pistol stealth. DA and DD, currently using SA, but may consider Trickery. It’s flexible.

in Thief

saerni.2584

I may consider posting a video, if there is enough interest in P/D to warrant it.

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I may consider posting a video, if there is enough interest in P/D to warrant it.

Please do!

(Also, hi from a fellow NSP’er!)