Condi WvW Thief

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Elarionus.3246

Elarionus.3246

Q:

I was wondering if I could get the condi wvw build that everyone is oneshotting me with. :/ and maybe a few quick tips on how to use it?

If you can’t get out of it, get into it.
—Dan Bukvich

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Not sure about “everyone” but if you describe what they do (weapons, moves, etc) I might be able to help.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Elarionus.3246

Not sure about “everyone” but if you describe what they do (weapons, moves, etc) I might be able to help.

Well, they turn invisible for a few seconds, then appear near me, and I suddenly have 10-20 stacks of various conditions on me which kills me within a second or two.

—Dan Bukvich

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

No Thief Condi build oneshots any actual WvW build……. sounds like you are fighting a Mesmer no Condi thief builds stealths before engage…..

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Elarionus.3246

No Thief Condi build oneshots any actual WvW build…….

I’m running full Dire armor, although my trinkets are still a little weird.

—Dan Bukvich

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

saerni.2584

Not sure about that Sly…

I run p/d which does stealth, including before engage. But I’m not sure what is being discussed because “appears next to me” and “suddenly there are a lot of conditions on me” leaves out some crucial information.

For example, is there a projectile? Are they using dagger? Is there an animation? Is there a field (like poison)?

Thief (Daredevil)

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoaVn8lCdmiFNBmOB8rhFYCz7LsoGRzfwTYKU7PFAKAA-TFyXABAs8AunCgG3BQI1fsWJIcK/KRfAsPBASBAxyK-w

main goal you need is to keep choking gas up an threshold of 5 poison.

so with that build you choking gas + steal + dodge that 6 poison
impair dagger threw choking gas is 9 poison
needle trap on heal (you can cast heal hit weapon stow directly after it drop a trap for you) is 6 poison
only trigger spider vemon well in middle of a dodge for free hits. (could be replace with signet of agility if you want)

i assume the build you referring to is choking gas spam one. ^ that may not be exact build it will run something pretty close to it.

way the build work is once you meet threshold of poison you want to set up immobilize lock them in place as choking gas spam daze on them by dazing them you gain 4 effect at once is Removing boon pre intrup + apply vul + dealing pulmonary hit + 2 stack of torment.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Elarionus.3246

Not sure about that Sly…

I run p/d which does stealth, including before engage. But I’m not sure what is being discussed because “appears next to me” and “suddenly there are a lot of conditions on me” leaves out some crucial information.

For example, is there a projectile? Are they using dagger? Is there an animation? Is there a field (like poison)?

I don’t normally notice, sadly, just that I’m dead with a ton of condis. Sometimes they’re using d/d 3, sometimes there’s poison, other times it’s inexplicable by my standards. :P

—Dan Bukvich

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

^ that probably about closest thing thief can get to 1 shot con build is more like five hit XD

(edited by Taobella.6597)

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

One example,

SA Da TR thief traited with trapper traits. Preload a trap port steal to target and drop trap. Lotus venom also loaded. sneak attack and shadowstrike away.

This will put on 13 , poison , 8 bleed 5 confusion 5 vuln weakness 2 torment and an Immob.

Other iterations can use various tactics to get those bursts (such as a Drd with impairing daggers precast just as he steals) They can dodge over top you as well dropping condtions with impaling and uncatchable.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Here’s something that may not have occurred to you yet. Use the combat log. It tells you a lot of information.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Might just be the combined effects of DA and Tr’s steal condis coupled with spider venom, a d/d3, and a dodge w/caltrops. With the right setup, it is possible to hit that steal from 2400u to 3600u range, so that might explain the “stealth” seeming bit of it.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

No Thief Condi build oneshots any actual WvW build……. sounds like you are fighting a Mesmer no Condi thief builds stealths before engage…..

Simply not true… I run full condi with p/d d/p and before I engage a fight I always stealth up with venoms, right off the bat I can get bleeds and torments stacked right up.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Simply not true… I run full condi with p/d d/p and before I engage a fight I always stealth up with venoms, right off the bat I can get bleeds and torments stacked right up.

The normal Condi thief builds don’t, you know the ones used most commonly it’s use SB off set no stealth and D/D or P/D no stealth on demand unless slotting Blinding powder which is a Loss of Multiple condis depending on what it’s replacing, but none can achieve 20+ Stacks of Various Condis at most 15-20 poison and maybe 15 of bleeds if you can Immob someone long enough or they potato like 90% people did vs the old Ghost Thief and again those aren’t oneshots…..and have ample time for reaction especially if someone has 20k+ life like from dire as the Op says he uses.

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

saerni.2584

I get 6-7 bleed, 6 poison, 5 confusion, and 6 torment plus various other conditions on my build with SA, Trickery, DrD.

Not a one shot unless they don’t run condition clears. Without clears someone can die in under 5 seconds. With clears is another story but that applies to builds with even higher burst. (My build is a multi sustain build for skirmishing).

Thief (Daredevil)

Condi WvW Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Condi teef one shots things?

Condi teef kills things!?!!?

K.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]