Condition Damage is bad?

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

But then again, I wouldn’t caught dead charging into a zerg as I dislike the entire zerg mindset and prefer to do small fights vs ppl who hone skills…..Too many zergers get complacent spamming ranged stuff and never develop any real combat prowess of their own.
Not to say that’s you by any means, Knyx, as it takes some serious cohones to melee deep inside that mess.
I just like to fight vs ppl I actually respect as a real threat to me on their own not relying on some zerg.

Was a serious soloer/8v8 guy in DAoC as well, never was into the zergy siegey stuff.

Yea, its just as matter of preference in gameplay.
I never played DAOC, I am a Shadowbane player born and bred (R.I.P)

But I would request, just as a personal suggestion to take a look at what I said about the critical damage. I really do think all that crit chance you have is near useless because of zero or near zero crit damage. You are almost doing the same damage as a non crit when you crit. So all that precision could go towards vitality like me

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Yeah I’ll look into it, although building yet another full exotic suit seems a bit daunting atm >.<

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Knyx.5926

Yeah I’ll look into it, although building yet another full exotic suit seems a bit daunting atm >.<

Yea sucks. You could always drop all the points you have into deadly arts and put them into critical strikes to at least have some critical damage if you didnt want to switch sets, Im not sure it would be enough though with min maxing in mind.

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

Yeah I’m avoiding the min-maxing scenario and I really like the minor/major traits in the power line plus the +duration from power.

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

The crit tree seems like a waste, too if you don’t have +crit damage gear in addition to the crit damage from the line.

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

Breaking it down carrion would gain a little over 6k hp and about 150ish more condition damage while reducing crit to around 26%. DPS wise it’s really pretty much a wash; it’s the HP that’s cool. However since I don’t have an issue with dying alot anyway, it’s gonna boil down to whether I’m willing to cough up the 35ish gold /gag worth of mats to craft an entire new set……

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Knyx.5926

If all your gear is Carion and you are using adventurer jewels, with no points in critical strikes, your crit is not going to be 26%. Close to zero is more like it.
But yea the damage will be around the same…

I am still questioning why orb buffs do not effect condition damage though. That seems to be an oversight by A-net as it kinda screws necros even though it hasn’t really been brought up, and any other condition based build when you compare power and crit ARE getting buffed.

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

You have a 916 base crit maybe closer to 24% or so but yeah I think ya should take another look.

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

The non-condition damage buff of orbs to me just validates my kills more :-P Since I’m really not doing any more damage with them.

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Knyx.5926

The non-condition damage buff of orbs to me just validates my kills more :-P Since I’m really not doing any more damage with them.

Also makes you feel like you haven’t lost as much when your side doesn’t have the orb.
Good glass is half full philosophy =)

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

Indeed it is ^.^

~Shadowkat

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

My thoughness, vitality, power and condition thief is pretty much shining in PvE, sPvP and WvW. I can solo a small group of 3-10 people (depend on their profession and skill) as well as being the only one alive and dealing constant damage in dungeons. I rarely die. If I die it’s because I didn’t pay attention to my opponents (hundred blades, pistol whip etc).

Condition damage is not underpowered, it’s just not showing those big crits that a glass cannon has, but it’s a consistent damage, especially with P/D equipped

Melder – Thief

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Knyx.5926

My thoughness, vitality, power and condition thief is pretty much shining in PvE, sPvP and WvW. I can solo a small group of 3-10 people (depend on their profession and skill) as well as being the only one alive and dealing constant damage in dungeons. I rarely die. If I die it’s because I didn’t pay attention to my opponents (hundred blades, pistol whip etc).

Condition damage is not underpowered, it’s just not showing those big crits that a glass cannon has, but it’s a consistent damage, especially with P/D equipped

Condition damage is not underpowered, but until our weapon sets have specific flavors for synergy ( like why is Backstab, Heartseeker, and Death Blossom all in the same set?) (Why doesn’t every hit in the #1 chain do a condition?) (Why is poison so lackluster? Id trade an easy way to apply burning in exchange or ANY of our venom/poison applying abilities) it makes it seem underwhelming, and not just because you don’t see big numbers, but because 1 button can remove it all, AND things like orb buffs dont effect it

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mckzzc9colnvoolbvM9MGxGVaMascs8khG7khd7kiO7070M7kGW70V7owZ70m

This is the condition damage build that I run in WvWvW.

Armor – Cleric’s
Weaps – Carrion
Accs – Carrion

With food and sigil of corruption on my SB, I can get condi dmg to ~1400. With signet of malice and assassin’s reward, I can last enough in most fights (especially multiple opponents) to stack enough condi dmg to wear down my enemy. The problem I’ve found with this build is chasing down beaten up opponents without wasting all my initiative to restack death blossom (i.e. by using IAarrow or HS) to kill them before they pop their heals. If my opponents isn’t a necro and does not run early enough, I generally had a lot of success with this build in WvWvW.

I might try a more balanced power/crit dmg/condi dmg build this weekend. Anyone have some suggestions?

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Knyx.5926

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mckzzc9colnvoolbvM9MGxGVaMascs8khG7khd7kiO7070M7kGW70V7owZ70m

Armor – Cleric’s
Weaps – Carrion
Accs – Carrion

With food and sigil of corruption on my SB, I can get condi dmg to ~1400. With signet of malice and assassin’s reward, I can last enough in most fights (especially multiple opponents) to stack enough condi dmg to wear down my enemy. The problem I’ve found with this build is chasing down beaten up opponents without wasting all my initiative to restack death blossom (i.e. by using IAarrow or HS) to kill them before they pop their heals. If my opponents isn’t a necro and does not run early enough, I generally had a lot of success with this build in WvWvW.

I might try a more balanced power/crit dmg/condi dmg build this weekend. Anyone have some suggestions?

A balanced build isn’t going to work that well if you are doing with those stats.

Try Precision+toughness+condition damage gear (Rampagers all around)

Try something like this
30 Trickery: 20% hp missing stealths you, 20% faster tricks recharge
30 Acrobatics: Vigorous Recovery, Quick Recovery, hard to catch
15 Critical Strikes: Furious Retaliation
For sigils on weapons use the ones that have 60% chance to cause bleeding on critical hit on both D/D, and one on the Pistol for P/D, then use Corruption on the OH dagger of P/D.

(edited by Knyx.5926)

Condition Damage is bad?

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Armor – Cleric’s
Weaps – Carrion
Accs – Carrion

Knyx’s suggestion to hybrid over to crit/condition isn’t bad, I’d take Signets of Power for your critical strikes trait and trade Blinding Powder for Signet of Agility though. You’re already running Might/Boon synergy, adding in those two things could allow you to pull out >20 might stacks for burst.

In either case: Your defense is admirable, but added healing doesn’t really assist Signet of Malice enough to make it worth the massive investment required to make a big difference. With that in mind I wouldn’t bother with Cleric’s gear, Carrion or Rampager would likely make you more survivable.

You’re running pretty much all defensive utilities as well, you at least need Caltrops if you’re running heavy conditions. Signet of Agility would be wise for anyone with that much acrobatics, doubly so since you’re running Uncatchable and Signet of Malice. Make sure one of the utilities you get rid of is Signet of Shadows.