Condition Theif

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: HunnyBajjer.3512

HunnyBajjer.3512

I am making this post hoping you guys can help me. I am a condition Thief and was wondering following condition what should i base my stats? Power or Precision?

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: HunnyBajjer.3512

HunnyBajjer.3512

Edit, this is for PVE Not pvp.

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Daovud.3521

Daovud.3521

Precision is pretty important because it will increase crit chance (I know, duh!) but power will allow for you to have a higher overall damage yield from your physical damage so it just depends if you’re hoping for more burst or sustained damage.

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Gizmo.8921

Gizmo.8921

my build is power, vitality, condition damage

Sea of Sorrows
OCX

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyrlol.8497

Zephyrlol.8497

Power. Precision is useless if you’re a condition thief. Bleed and poisons can’t crit, so may as well go for power, condition damage, and survivability.

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yes, although your Dots don’t scale with Power, your main attacks will.

Overall however I’ve been really disappointed by Condition Damage Thieves. The problem is, you only have a very limited number of attacks that deal significant amount of condition damage and you’ll be relying on them 95% of the time, which makes for very stale game-play and very so/so results.

I mean, D/D hat Leaping Death Blossom and Lotus Strike. With LDB being rather expensive.

D/P has Twisting Fang, Pistol builds have Vital Shot and the Short Bow has Poison Cloud.

Overall however it’s a very small number of attacks that benefit from condition damage, even if you include the Venoms you’re forced to take.

Compare that to Precision builds that benefit almost every ability and you’re left wondering why you even bothered.

I just hit 80 yesterday and switched to a Precision build after having played Condition before and it’s a huge difference.

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Dee Jay,the overall community opinion is that condition thief is a noob guy,who spams
LDB and wins all the time.Than when they decide to try,it appears that it isn’t that easy,
because as you rightly pointed LDB is expensive.The main source of damage of a good
condition thief however is the combination of LDB+Caltrops(both skill and from Dodge).This,combined with heavy C&D usage makes the thief almost unkillable,while
capable to kill almost anyone(and even few ppl at a time).The gamestyle isn’t easy by any standart(any gamestyle that includes Cloak&Dagger+carefully initiative monitoring isn’t),but it is quite rewarding,and i swear to GOD,it’s the most annoying build EVER.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

(edited by ZLE.8293)

Condition Theif

in Thief

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

lol, wat ZLE said…..thieves are not an ez class to play, we can just do w/e we want…haha….I got caught roamin solo the other nite by 3 other dudes, and i f’d w/ them for about 10 mins, in and out of stealth…kiting them around….pop in and caltrop/cripple…..then run and stealth away again….i was lmao so hard….even did one part where i led them up a cliff, stealthed, jumped off, and came back behind them, then they killed me.

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth