Core S/D Power Brawler

Core S/D Power Brawler

in Thief

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Just leaving this here in-case anyone wants to try something a bit different.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVl0MhinYvTwwJw/EH+ElvIqiooXDF4MsDgXLAB-TpxBQBb8QAwxHAAIPBAA4IAIk9HeXZAA

Now, let me first say that this will never be meta; it is hard-countered on a fundamental level by D/P Daredevil. But its still alot of fun. I’ve taken this all the way up through Gold to mid Platinum, where I can’t really take it any further. But that might just be me, not the build.

Basic idea is to be much more involved in the team-fight. Spamming Larcenous Strike on priority targets to rip protection/stab/resistance makes it way easier for your team to focus down a target. And unlike Bountiful Theft, you can do it again and again and again. Not to mention taking all their might stacks and throwing out unblockable 5-6k crits constantly.

And then when the target is down, with high Quickness up-time Sword has some serious cleaving power that catches alot of people out. Can easily turn 1-downed into a team-wipe when they try and rez.

The combination of stealing all those nice boons, and Invigorating Precision, allows you to stay in a mid-point (4v4) fight pretty much permanently, unless seriously focused. One sword auto, crit-ing on 3 targets for 3k damage each, is a 1350 heal. As long as you can throw out the crits and not get CC-chained, you’re actually quite hard to kill.

It also opens up some 1v1s which thief usually avoids. Scrappers are super-easy to take. Eles can be taken down very fast by taking off all their protection and burning through their healing power with quickness. Even DH is a favourable matchup. Mesmers and Necros still easy, same as normal thief, although if you mess up they will melt you.

But, unfortunately you will lose to pretty much any other thief build, if they’re played competently. None of the tools s/d offers are of any value against another thief. Only real way to win is to hope they don’t expect the quickness and 11111 in their face before they notice.

Have fun.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

Core S/D Power Brawler

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

this is pretty similar to something I run in WvW. The quickness makes the s/d fairly bursty, which is pretty deadly given the flanking-larcenous combo.

Also, I’m currently using leadership runes for boon duration, which is pretty interesting, and will be even more interesting with Deadeye

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

Core S/D Power Brawler

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

this is pretty similar to something I run in WvW. The quickness makes the s/d fairly bursty, which is pretty deadly given the flanking-larcenous combo.

Also, I’m currently using leadership runes for boon duration, which is pretty interesting, and will be even more interesting with Deadeye

Yes I swapped to leadership some time ago in wvw. I really like the set as the quickness gets real in a hurry. The cleanse on using an elite does not hurt either and the loss of boon duration food made up for via 16 percent more durations using acro.