Critical Strikes Tree

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Critical Strikes tree has been gutted. But from what Devs are saying these changes are subject to change, and are still under review.

Unrelenting Strikes : Critical hit damage is increased against foes who’s health is below the threshhold.

- Correct me if I am wrong but this is 5s of might, on a 1s CD when foes HP is below threshhold. This will stack if I am not mistaken.

Don’t agree with nor understand why the “critical haste” trait was removed from C.S line. I would like to get a little bit more insight on that decision. (If it was discussed in the stream, I wouldn’t know, I only looked at the notes)

Now the C.S line as I said does look a bit gutted, and doesn’t really seem like anything new got added, but lets look more so on the brighter side of things. I know all of you at one point in time had wished to be able to use both Executioner and Hidden Killer at the same time, and now it is possible.

Post patch I’ll be 66xx6. Have been running and still currently am running 26xx6.

Best of luck to those who want to run 6×6×6 (new supposed meta)

Just remember SA doesn’t make the Thief.

Cheers

P.S – Feel free to /Discuss

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Agree about critical haste. Agree that CS is underwhelming. Also don’t think hidden killer is worth taking CS for, especially if you don’t play dagger mainhand.

However, I don’t think it’s a big deal that CS is underwhelming. Thieves traited into CS for two main reasons: stat bonus and executioner. Now that stat bonuses are removed from trait lines and executioner is in DA, having an underwhelming CS line isn’t that much of a loss. If anything, we should see it as freeing up trait points because you basically spend 6 non-trickery points in DA instead of the 8 non-trickery points for mug + CS today.

Second Child

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Thieves traited into CS for two main reasons: stat bonus and executioner.

It couldn’t have been said better it was exactly what I thought.

but ‘not a great loss’? in terms of build diversity which they are trying to increase it is a great downside, they should come up with new critical-hit-related ideas, and merge soem of the terrible traits there like heal on crit

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

As I said it’s pointless to discuss about builds. I could even run 0 0 6 6 6 since thera are anymore stats binded to traits and once I see the changes to gears

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Agree about critical haste. Agree that CS is underwhelming. Also don’t think hidden killer is worth taking CS for, especially if you don’t play dagger mainhand.

However, I don’t think it’s a big deal that CS is underwhelming. Thieves traited into CS for two main reasons: stat bonus and executioner. Now that stat bonuses are removed from trait lines and executioner is in DA, having an underwhelming CS line isn’t that much of a loss. If anything, we should see it as freeing up trait points because you basically spend 6 non-trickery points in DA instead of the 8 non-trickery points for mug + CS today.

Well this is a good start to a discussion.
And I agree with you mango, thank you for sharing input.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I still think it will be very strong when in combination with other trait lines like DA and Trickery. Going 66006 will allow you to take pretty much every damage buff and kill securing trait the thief has making you the cool assassin type player if that’s what you like to be. Couple that with mug heals and utility from a full trickery line and you got one heck of a fun build. Every BS critting means that you’ll constantly be dishing out 5-8k backstabs (depending on opponents armor level) AND you’ll be dealing more damage as their hp gets lower plus when the damage buff kicks in they are also immobbed which pretty much allows you to finish off the kill there just because of the sheer amount of damage you’ll be able to do If you learn when things will kick in and combo accordingly.

By itself, I agree it is very underwhelming but I think it will be able to synergize very well with other lines making it a still highly valued line. Especially in pvp where stealth isn’t helpful for long periods (i.e. no SA thief)

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You know people saying “calm down, wait for the Elite Spec?” While I tend to think that’s irrelevant to most complaints, I do think it may have some traction with this particular concern.

If the new spec is the boring Rifle as most people assume, then it would be a primarily ranged spec, likely based on burst DPS (infrequent sniper shots rather than suppressing fire), and presumably a “super” ranged spec, since it’s meant to be above and beyond the core five lines. My assumption would be that it would synergize well with Critical Strikes, and then either Shadow or Trickery.

Anything CS lost, might very easily find a home in the new spec.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Thieves traited into CS for two main reasons: stat bonus and executioner.

I am a little worried about how the changes to equipment will work though.

In a certain way, since we can’t balance or Crit% and CritDmg tought traits we may need to do some changes on equipment build.

That’s even less survival for Berserk thiefs and even less Crit% for Valkyrie thiefs.
Valkyrie Thiefs may be slaved to Hidden Thief again since there is no other way to rise Crit% to manageable levels..

Which is ironic. Valkyrie Thiefs are going to have acess to even more vit from armor and 10% extra Vit converted from precision.
I don’t believe my Valk thiefs had use for extra health. The loss on Crit% is sad.

This indirectly affects PvP as well, overal HP for thiefs will drop from around 14~15k to around 10k~12k.
Pretty round way to nerf thieves survival without touching stealth.

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

Well i like these changes >:3 seems to buff s/p a bit

Pink Sylvari FTW!

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I know all of you at one point in time had wished to be able to use both Executioner and Hidden Killer at the same time, and now it is possible.

Post patch I’ll be 66xx6. Have been running and still currently am running 26xx6.

Best of luck to those who want to run 6×6×6 (new supposed meta)

Just remember SA doesn’t make the Thief.

I always wanted to run Hidden killer and executioner on my zerk DD, and I will. currently running 66200, so yeah 66600 will be my new build mainly just to keep cloaked in shadow, everything else is a bonus.

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Unrelenting Strikes is wrong, confirmed by Karl on the stream. They said to ignore the Might on it, it does something different.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Critical Strikes Tree

in Thief

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

I can personally see a p/p thief using the critical strikes line.

Though we dont see too many of them now, given the right sigils and the right runes it might be effective.

I would try it out at least to see how effective it ends up with Ricochette, Ankle shots, and Combo Critical.

Combined with trickery and either Acro or SA given the game mode being played.