D/D Daredevil Thief Build Build Development

in Thief

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

This Power based D/D Daredevil Thief Build.

I normally do not share my builds but I want to share this.

Everyone has a different play style than others so this build can be tweaked to their liking such as utility skills and traits.

I have been tweaking and tweaking a D/D Daredevil Thief Build over the past few days.

Thief’s do not have a lot of health to begin with, so in the old day had give up some stats to increase health some what.

Now with the new stat gear out there now, I was able to find away to get health up without killing a lot of stats.

Now all I ask and be nice about it your thoughts traits I have in this build ways to improve on it for sustained damage and survivability.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn0MBlPhNOBGOBkmiFYCzLNcGaDzhwSYLULBEAKAA-TFCBQBA4QAoP9BCa/BJcGAUo6PZR5HjUCChHAwmBBgRkA8//3kkEpAiYZE-w

Currently I have

2,700+ power and in fights can reach over 3k+
59% Crit Chance and in fights over 70% and so every hit is a crit
Every evade clears conditions on me.

Now I just want to improve on improve on it for sustained damage and survivability.

As I said please be nice in the forums this also helps other thief’s as well.

The Dragon Core [DC]

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

We are quite nice on the thief subforum you know ?

Do you mind sharing how you play your thief? Because I don’t know why you would use potent poison and boon duration stats.

The +25% speed traveler is a waste on thief. You have better runes out there.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

pointaction.4639

I play most WvW and some times standard PvE modes.

Whatever damage I can do so poison is just for extra pressure on who I am attacking which make it little harder for them heal up fully.

In WvW without speed is not fun and get ran over by zerg or get left behind by your party or havoc group. All because you are to slow.

Plus if I am roaming and I am chasing down a enemy player trying get a way speed is a must.

I know there is better runes out there but not many to boost speed during fights or to able to get a way when needed to.

I am open you hear what suggestion you have.

You heard of the term “2 left feet” well I have “2 left hands” I am not well-coordinated than others so I have to find ways to play a different way so I can have fun at the game.

The Dragon Core [DC]

in Thief

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Traveler runes with Dsh = waste. You are perma swiftness with dash (spam your dodges on traveling and you will quickly cap your swiftness at 1minute duration). IMS bonus from Traveler doesn’t stack with swiftness unless you get chilled/crippled but dash take care of that anyways. Better take a power orientated rune like Pack / Scholar / Daredevil / Vampirism / Scrapper that waste stats for a IMS boost you don’t need.

If you are taking Potent Poison only for poison coverage, I think you are wasting the awesome potential of Impro (or Executionner) by not applying your poison at the correct moment (or don’t fully use your AA chain).

I’m not a fan of Impact Strike at all in a d/d setup, BV seems mandatory but I’m not playing d/d often so maybe another thief more into that set can confirm or not. Impact Strike or not, Brawler’s Tenacity isn’t worth it at all since it only works on IS. I would go either Havoc for moar damage (especially if you went Impro so your damage isn’t too low) or WS for sustain (that trait is very powerful since you can perma weakness with it and Lotus poison making your foe doing no damage).

Assassin Signet over SS is very risky but if you are not alone that shouldn’t be that such a loss if you aim at high burst (take Executionner and Havoc in such case, modifiers are what make thief a damage beast). If you want more sustained damage & survivabily, drop that signet and take SS or BD and go either Impro/Havoc (i would take that) or Exec/WS.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

in Thief

pointaction.4639

2 Builds Below based on what was said

Better take a power orientated rune like Pack / Scholar / Daredevil / Vampirism / Scrapper that waste stats for a IMS boost you don’t need.

Build #1 – With Pack Runes – For Swiftness Duration Increase
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn0MBlPhFmCGOBkmiFYCzLNcGaDaJgAQGY+DWCbhA-TFCBQBQ4BAwIlgA4QAkFlfS4MAUk9HUo6P6TfQAAEgb2mt5NDM0hO0hO0h2Nv5Nv5NvZpAiYZE-w

Build #2 – With Scrapper Runes – For Incomming Damage Reduction
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn0MBlPhFmCGOBkmiFYCzLNcGaDaJgAQGY+DWCbhA-TFCBQBHc/BAcIAyiyPJcGA0n+AGpEUhq/AhHAQAAEgb2mt5NDM0hO0hO0h2Nv5Nv5NvZpAiYZE-w

The Dragon Core [DC]

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Here I’ll give you the inside info:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZEQNAoYVn8lClOhFmCGOB8PhFqiqLBCgDwLE+gSYO77+wH-TFCBQBS4MAAgDBAEeAAFZ/hso8Tf6DUo6PMSJYAAEgb2mt5NDM0hO0hO0h2Nv5Nv5NvZpAiYZE-w

I don’t play thief, but if you want to play D/D this will git ’er done.

<edit>

Swapped in Channeled Vigor instead of WD for the heal.

(edited by Azukas.1426)