Wolfield.9812

What is currently the best?

Strength Runes
Sigil of Air
Sigil of Might

(Off Hand Bow)
Sigil of Bloodlust
Sigil of Fire

Am I correct, or does something else work out better with the numbers.

Really would appreciate a final answer since most people I have spoken to just can’t agree.

Bonus Question
Runes of the Traveler with the utility slot as a signet to buff power, then use it for the backstab for the extra damage work out as higher then the best from above?

5 gold reward to whoever gives the best answer within the next hour. Since information costs money.

And thank you.

D/D(P) Backstab Rune and Sigil Choice

in Thief

Posted by: ngdani.9482

ngdani.9482

Strength runes i’ve tried and found excellent for damage, you’ll be nearly hitting pre nerf numbers..but personally, i cant seem to give up the 25% ms from travelers, which opens up a utility slot, and that is invaluable to me, although if you dont mind and can give up the ms then go for strength runes.

I am using Air in main hand, and Force offhand the 5% damage increase helps a lot with damage, and i find you’re able to build enough might stacks simply with stealth and dodging (either food or traited).

You could use it with CS Trait for might stacks too, but which utility would you give up? I like having Shadow Refuge, Shadowstep and Blinding Powder for survival.

(edited by ngdani.9482)

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

5 gold reward to whoever gives the best answer within the next hour. Since information costs money.

How would the “best” be determined?
You obviously don’t know/understand optimization because if you did you wouldn’t be making this topic. And because you don’t understand optimization, you are unable to properly judge what the “best” is. Because of your inability to properly judge the provided information, this gold reward is more of a crapshoot than anything.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

You obviously don’t know/understand optimization because if you did you wouldn’t be making this topic. And because you don’t understand optimization, you are unable to properly judge what the “best” is. Because of your inability to properly judge the provided information, this gold reward is more of a crapshoot than anything.

Give Reikou 5 Gold for that.

On topic – I would go with what you posted. Strength runes are too good to pass up IMO.

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Best is your personally idea of what you like to run and are happy to share. See poster above that spoke about trav runes still being in his spot.

To give you an insight, I mainly play wvw, as a zerg side roamer. I need to kill quickly and get the stomp to res my allies. My utilities are shadowstep and shadow refuge. My build changes depending on the size of the party I am with and the objectives we go for.

In pve damage is most important, but since boon share is easier in a party the strength runes loose some effectiveness.

Sigil of bloodlust at top levels of power gives about a 10% increase in damage on full stacks. Sigil of precision at around 50% crit change gives 11% increase in damage. I prefer sigil of bloodlust.

Sigil of air hits for around 1.5k damage. Sigil of force increase your damage by 5%. This is an increase of around 800. Sigil of battle gives might every 1 second. This can give more or less damage?

I have a very basic knowledge of how different stats work, I am asking what people prefer to use and they consider to be the best. If do i swap from travelers to strength for 111 gold? Maybe, maybe not. 5 more gold for the person that can make me answer this question is not a crapshoot, but just a generally nice thing to do.

in Thief

Wolfield.9812

ngdani.9482 Wins.

Thanks for your input everyone. Still not decided though, hard to give up travelers.

in Thief

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

Still not decided though, hard to give up travelers.

You’d have to make some changes, but there are several options/alternatives; since their introduction, some traits/sigils have been buffed to be more useful.

Superior Sigil of Speed (Swap out Fire in SB)
Assassin’s Retreat/Fleet Shadow (Swap out Vigorous Recovery)
Bowl of Seaweed Salad

Running all three bold options would net you just about a minute of Swiftness per kill assuming your food procs. If I had to choose just one, it’d be the Sigil; it got buffed to 20 seconds and has no CD.

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Thief

Wolfield.9812

Havnt heard that tactic before, its a good idea for the speed signal. Tbh most speed you get from the group, 2mins from blasting into eles air field. When solo would be useful.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

If we say Sigil of Bloodlust adds 10% DPS by adding 250 Power then it makes sense to assume that every stack of Might adds 1.4% DPS.

So in order for Sigil of Strength to trump Sigil of Force it would need to add > 3 stacks at all times. Sigil of Strength has a 60% procc chance on crit and a 1 second icd. The Might provided by that Sigil lasts 10 seconds (13 seconds with Runes of Strength).

With full Berserker gear a Thief should have an effective crit-chance of at least 60%, even when running solo and without Fury. The auto-attack chain lasts 2.25 seconds and about 1/3rd of attacks are going to procc the effect. It seems reasonable to assume 1 Might stack for every auto-attack chain.

Since the Might lasts 10+ seconds I can easily see it maintaining more than 3 stacks, especially with Strength Runes. I wouldn’t be surprised if it outperformed Sigil of Force in terms of practical DPS.

in Thief

Wolfield.9812

Dee jay you are completely correct.

Sigil of strength is better than sigil of force.

But where does sigil of air, fire, force, come for the second sigil for most damage.

I personally think air tops it.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well one thing to consider is burst. Force might add more DPS compared to Air, but Air adds burst. And burst kills in PvP, not DPS.

That’s why I think Air is the undisputed Sigil for burst-builds.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Or run fire and air for the lawlz

in Thief

Posted by: Ryota.8539

Ryota.8539

i go for force/fire on dagger/pistol, then shortbow i go for bloodlust/energy