D/D Thief Struggling with Gear choice

in Thief

Posted by: Rueex.8361

Rueex.8361

I’m currently running a 25/30/0/15/0 Build and using D/D but I have no idea what gear I should be going for as at the moment it is all over the place.

This would be for both WvW & PvE. I was thinking Knights gear would be best but just want to be 100% sure before I invent in some as I haven’t got much gold to throw around.

Thanks

Brinstok – 80 Warrior
Aethyer – 80 Thief -
Piken

in Thief

Posted by: illdeath.9617

illdeath.9617

im currently running a very similar trait set up and have had the same struggle with gear. i finally descided on valkyrie armor knights/valk accessories valk short bow if you use one and a pvt and a valk dagger. also using divinity runes if you wanted to know.

im trying to stay at 30% crit chance with this set up and with hidden killer i found this to be just enough since it goes up to 50% with fury. you will have well over 2k power 3k attack and 78% crit damage as well as some HP and a little bit of toughness to help keep you alive.

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m still having the same problem you guys are having, but you’re one up on me since you’ve at least got a build you’re working on. Currently I have valk armor with cavalier trinkets/accessories and I’m running a 10/30/30 build. still not survivable enough for my tastes, but I haven’t been a thief for long so still learning the ropes.

in Thief

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I’ve used knight’s armor with berserker jewelery just fine in a build similar to this. I’ve also played it in full zerk, which is totally doable as well if you are good at evading.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Mobsterpal.1520

Mobsterpal.1520

If you want a well balanced build (not complete glass) then I would suggest using Valkyrie armor with ruby orbs, and zerker jewelry. This allows for still great dps but also decent survivability. With the upcoming nerf to mug I would suggest going 0/30/30/10/0. The 10 being speed increased by 50% in stealth allowing easier backstabs.