D/P D/D Trait Help

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Really liking a crit based spec too, but need help!

Running

Trouble is what do I take in CS and SA.

Choices for CS:

Side Strike or Furious Retaliation? I can make a good case for either. Fury right now as I tend to get you down to 50% fairly quickly from stealth.

Hidden Killer or Executioner? I love 100% crit on stealth attack but my crit is at 50% anyway. On the other hand, 20% increase in damage is just huge.

Choices for SA:
I know I won’t live without Shadows Embrace (condition removal) and Shadow’s Rejuvenation (Heal) but the third could be:

Shadow Protector (Regen) or Infusion of Shadow (Initiative) or Cloaked in Shadow (blind).

If I use cloaked in shadow, does the blind reveal me?

Thoughts and experiences welcome. I’m the thief noob

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I always take furious retaliation because i get that extra crit chance right when i get into HS spam mode. (Side strike+hidden killer is also almost 100% useless). Anything with dagger main hand benefits a lot more from hidden killer than executioner as well.

For SA it depends on the weapons. D/d will take cloaked in shadow because it doesn’t actually have any blinds and it doesn’t use all that much initiative anyway. D/p will take infusion of shadow because it already farts out blinds and is very initiative hungry.

If you haven’t already seen this then do so

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Building-a-better-D-D-thief/first

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Really liking a crit based spec too, but need help!

Running

Trouble is what do I take in CS and SA.

Choices for CS:

Side Strike or Furious Retaliation? I can make a good case for either. Fury right now as I tend to get you down to 50% fairly quickly from stealth.

Hidden Killer or Executioner? I love 100% crit on stealth attack but my crit is at 50% anyway. On the other hand, 20% increase in damage is just huge.

Furious and Executioner compliments each other very well, that is if you can reduce them to 50% health fairly quickly as you claim.

Choices for SA:
I know I won’t live without Shadows Embrace (condition removal) and Shadow’s Rejuvenation (Heal) but the third could be:

Shadow Protector (Regen) or Infusion of Shadow (Initiative) or Cloaked in Shadow (blind).

If I use cloaked in shadow, does the blind reveal me?

Blind doesn’t deal damage so the answer is no, it won’t reveal you.

As a dagger main hand, I’d take;
IV – Shadow’s Embrace
V – Infusion of Shadow
XI – Shadow’s Rejuvenation

And use Hide in Shadows as my Heal skill.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

I go for slightly less crit chance and more damage, then use hidden killer trait and rely solely on backstabs. If you get good at landing CnD (D/D) then this will work well.

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I go for slightly less crit chance and more damage, then use hidden killer trait and rely solely on backstabs. If you get good at landing CnD (D/D) then this will work well.

The upcoming patch is going to make that a much less attractive option.

My current plan is 3 Zerk (head, chest, legs) 3 Valk armor, Eagle runes, Zerk weps, 100pre/70vit food with oil. Comes out to 75% crit chance after patch. Executioner all the way.

Just have to learn how live without blinding powder and I’m all set ;p

(edited by Kadin.2356)

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

get infusion of shadow (gain 2 init. when u enter stealth) and CS trait Practiced tolerance, furious retaliation and hidden killer and mix PVT+Zerker

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vYAQNAo6YlsMp0pdPxzJ8PNhs9oC7Jii7hR5UNlWBaC-TMADL2EMhA

D/P D/D Trait Help

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

i also running that D/D burst then switch to D/P build a year ago in WvW roam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBJh64Pk1ok