D/P build WvW

D/P build WvW

in Thief

Posted by: NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

Guys, how much the build 2/6/0/0/6 could be useful in WvW roaming?
I Used to play a D/D thief or condition, for more survivability, but I really like D/p, but when I play it in WvW It’s hard to survive… It’s the same build that I Use in PvP which one I can play really well.

Which change in WvW, Could you suggest to me a good build D/p for roaming?!

D/P build WvW

in Thief

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I’ve only recently made a thief and got to 80 so take this however. But in WvW I think the 26006 doesn’t work as well because its all burst/dmg with little defensive perks, in sPvP there are a lot more people build high damage/low defense builds and than there are tougher or more bunker builds compared to WvW.

Because in WvW there are more ways to get power and more rune set/gear combos that allow for good defense as well as good offense that can’t happen in sPvP. That’s why a lot of the burst thieves using d/p go 6 into SA because the stealth heal/condi removal is very effective. Casting a SR can heal me full from maybe 40% health as full zerker without using a heal.

And about builds, the most common effective one is 26600, I’ve used it and it works great, though I am experimenting currently with different options because the dual pistols is what I really love about thief, so using d/p with p/p is my dream build.

D/P build WvW

in Thief

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

26006 has little condi clear outside of utilities and heal so you’ll struggle against condis which are much more powerful in wvw with stuff like perplexity and 40% condi duration food.

if you’re struggling to live in wvw try allocating points into SA and pick up embrace and rejuvenation. 20606, 26600, 06620, 60206 are all good trait allocations for d/p. plenty of other options so try different things and see what you like.

D/P build WvW

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I use 2 6 0 0 6 d/p sb for wvw roaming. Are there limitations to the build? Yes. Personally I find it the most rewarding thief build to play and it fits my how I like to play. I’m a little biased but playing without SA (or at least without six points into it) will allow you grow as a player and learn much more about each matchup you have to face.

Putting points into SA generally leads to a more passive and safe playstyle since you gain from sitting in stealth.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer