D/P question

D/P question

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfe.3097

Wolfe.3097

how exactly does Black powder work? asking cuz i always assumed like ankitten that it gave up a blind, but it doesnt say that in the tooltip, says it lasts 4 seconds.

asking cuz for the hell of it today i went D/P with a quirky power build largely to exploit autoattack. and i pretty much auto’d people till 25% while keeping black powder up…was owning everyone it seemed, even tanked the forest animals by myself with nothing but autoattack and black powder, only took 1/4 of my hp orb doing it.

D/P question

in Thief

Posted by: Smurf.9430

Smurf.9430

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Powder

It says right in the tooltip that it fires a shot BLINDING nearby foes. Does your tooltip not say this? And yes, it’s a very good skill.

EDIT: How it works is that you basically have an enemy who is standing IN the circle be blinded every second they stand inside. You can also use Heartseeker to stealth if you have Black Powder up.

D/P question

in Thief

Wolfe.3097

i knew it said that in the description, it just didnt say blind for x seconds in the tooltip, so i was a bit confused.

and i knew about the HS but thanks

kinda a interesting build i stumbled upon 25 deadly/30 critical/15 tricks. basically you steal>blind>auto, save your initiative for black powder and headshot, and HS when target is low.

D/P question

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

Yeah I’m using d/p in my secondary weapon slot for defense and escape. Heart seeker sprint, mainly, I will have to try your tactic here. Thanks!

I am the super thief

D/P question

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Black Powder makes all enemy attacks within it miss. So Warriors turn into flailing Wiffle -ball hitters. It also applies Projectile Blind to enemy targets outside the AOE, so you can cast it in the ‘back ranks’ and see friendly players apply blind to their target. It does not stop incoming ranged attacks, or AOE, unless of course the target is inside.

D/P question

in Thief

Wolfe.3097

Black Powder makes all enemy attacks within it miss. So Warriors turn into flailing Wiffle -ball hitters. It also applies Projectile Blind to enemy targets outside the AOE, so you can cast it in the ‘back ranks’ and see friendly players apply blind to their target. It does not stop incoming ranged attacks, or AOE, unless of course the target is inside.

im glad my fav weapon set is better in pvp then i originally thought.