D/P trickery build?

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: Cotillion The Rope.5217

Cotillion The Rope.5217

If any of you saw my previous thread “I’m really bad at this,” keep it in mind as you view this build. I have no pride in this game, so feel free to say its a trash idea, or even better, suggest specific improvements.

Still trying to stick with D/P and not spend too much money re-gearing if I can avoid it. I know my personal skill is a limiting factor, but I’m trying to find a build that’s forgiving of that while still allowing me to be somewhat effective in WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoaVl0Mp0pdPx8J0PRBNBxVN8OMfpMaFgOTSfB-TlCBwAGV6lT9HInAAsKDAcEAKu/QK9BJM9NRJYgHAQAAEA2ZgQApmCA-w

(edited by Cotillion The Rope.5217)

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVl0Mp0pdPx8J0PNBNhwdtSz8O83yaFA-TlCBwAGV6lT9HInAAsKDAcEAKu/QK9BJM9NRJYgHAQAAEA2ZgQApmCA-w

Just use shadow arts until you get better. No need to change your gear. Just use the traits above and you should be much better off. Shadows Rejuvenation lets you heal up and recover from mistakes in stealth while you wait for your next opportunity to backstab.

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Does anyone still run 2/6/0/0/6?

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

While I’ve for the most part switched to 6/2/0/0/6 I went back to the ye olden build for a dozen or so games yesterday with the guidies. It is a butt ton of damage but now I’m used to having that panic strike. I guess it is alright.

Pancakes
Thief

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I do. It’s still lots of fun.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I still do also.

@OP: Occasionally I switch it up for 5/0/0/3/6 (in pvp). It’s pretty fun and dishes out comparable damage to 2/6/0/0/6. One thing about your build though, I’m not entirely sure pain response is worth taking while you’re also picking up shadow’s embrace, but it’s up to you.

Have fun.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

This is my current built that I learn to dual with and wvw with http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoaVl0Mp0pdPxwJ0PNBNB5dY+SZ0LA9Gl+C-TVDBAB8oSRN7PIxRAALlRA8AA8SJBOqBklSlU0HwoSQGOEA6oqSAnAASBwkwI-w

in game stats in Lions arch

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

D/P trickery build?

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

D/P actually does quote well against the numerous S/D Thieves out there.

But honestly, I always found the build lacking in sPvP since it lacks a defining strength. The main issue is Backstab hitting so poorly in sPvP due to the lack of Ferocity. Any Pistol Whip will hit harder, cleave, stun and evade all without any setup.

You also get the Black Powder for finishing etc.

It’s still great in WvW though.