DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Posted by: TheHowieNator.2637

TheHowieNator.2637

This build has gotten me to mid gold, and currently im using it to finish my climb to plat.

(edited by TheHowieNator.2637)

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Posted by: Sontaran.5904

Sontaran.5904

Nice. What’s the actual build? I didn’t see a link. Do you think this works better than S/D Condi?

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

TheHowieNator.2637

Nice. What’s the actual build? I didn’t see a link. Do you think this works better than S/D Condi?

I think that S/D is better at noob stomping, but this build offers more when you are fighting on a point because you can actually fight on the point instead of just spamming infiltrators strike. in my opinion. honestly S/D loses its touch as soon as you start playing against ppl who know how to condi cleanse. it has low reaplication of condis. with dd you are constantly throwing condis at ppl, and when you know the little tricks to it its painful.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Sontaran.5904

I’ve had the most success with D/D Condi this season and I’ve had some success with D/P power, but with how weird the matchmaking has been, I’ve found D/D Condi to work better because I can hold my own and win most fights. I stopped trying with staff power and S/D Condi because they are easily countered at this point.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Posted by: Nedeus.8251

Nedeus.8251

Again, will you post the actual build please? As in the traits.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

TheHowieNator.2637

For everyone asking for build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFNhFOBmOB8PhlWCb+EuCfhaBgDwCwrM0GSRA-TZRAwAGODAkLDkd/BPHCAAPAAA I can post a build guide video if enough people request it

(edited by TheHowieNator.2637)

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Sontaran.5904

Nice and thanks for sharing. I have the same setup but with runes of the traveler on mine for mobility and Condi duration.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

TheHowieNator.2637

Nice and thanks for sharing. I have the same setup but with runes of the traveler on mine for mobility and Condi duration.

Rune of the adventurer pairs nicely with channeled vigor to give you more dodge rolls

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

In WvW I used a smilar build hoever I took a mix of apothecary and shamans armors with SOM traited as heal. This lead to continous heals incoming on each and very DB and on each and every dodge.

The more enemies that showed up, the higher your healing went as both DB and The dodge would strike multiple targets and apply a heal for each.

As example against a single player the base heal using SOM is 3X 132. With some healing in the build, while there a hit to condition damage you can bush this to 3X 200 and If more enemies showed you could get a 9x heal on their DB or dodge.

If you really want to boost that sustain further you trait acro wherein you take Assassins reward and the regen trait (Pr) along with GI . This has you cleansing all manner of condtions while healing for well over 1K per DB with THAT number going up if you fight more enemies.

i do not Pvp but used this in WvW and could roll into the heart of a zerg and come out of it unscathed.

THAT said there a limit as to what this build can do. Once you get against opponents that know how it works it rather easily countered. The video shows enemies remaining inside of the DB umbrella as they try to attack the DB thief. This is exactly what you should not do. Those attacks not only proc condition cleanses, but proc heals for the thief using DB along with any on evade traits. The build can be easily countered with ranged attacks that stay out of the range of the deathblossom itself which extends to melee range.

Obviously the mechanics of Pvp are different in that holding a point important meaning a person facing a DB user would not want ot retreat to range to fight as they would give up the point as readily.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Sontaran.5904

@babazhook that’s interesting on the build. I like channeled vigor for the endurance gain, and I don’t use acro on the build because DA is so much damage with it and trickery is essential for the initiative, boon theft, and confusion on steal for me in both pvp and wvw. I did test an acro/tr/DrD version, and while it was super durable, it lacked burst that I need for pvp and wvw roaming, so I go da/tr/DrD. It’s possible to make the build work with da/acro/DrD in wvw, but you give up a lot in my opinion with trickery. I find that bountiful theft makes this build work a lot better because you rip the boons your opponent needs to survive in a 1v1 situation. I also don’t zerg much as I like to roam, but this does work in zergs if you’re careful.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

TheHowieNator.2637

@babazhook that’s interesting on the build. I like channeled vigor for the endurance gain, and I don’t use acro on the build because DA is so much damage with it and trickery is essential for the initiative, boon theft, and confusion on steal for me in both pvp and wvw. I did test an acro/tr/DrD version, and while it was super durable, it lacked burst that I need for pvp and wvw roaming, so I go da/tr/DrD. It’s possible to make the build work with da/acro/DrD in wvw, but you give up a lot in my opinion with trickery. I find that bountiful theft makes this build work a lot better because you rip the boons your opponent needs to survive in a 1v1 situation. I also don’t zerg much as I like to roam, but this does work in zergs if you’re careful.

The boon strip is inanely important for popping certain targets who are starting with things like aegis, or other boons that would stop you from fulfilling your burst

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The build I used dropped DA as there was really not a lot of poison coming out of the set and I was more focused in getting all of those bleeds on. It was DrD , Acro and TR with endurance sigils with Geomancy and was for purposes of that run traited with d/d and d/d.

Taking DA over acro does not boost damage that much unless there a significant poison source and acro can counter a condition bomb landed on yourself wherein you are not so worried about cleaning on an evade as PR with regen kicks in.

I also took GI out of acro because health was so high meaning Confusion, weakness and vuln on me always cleansed. Mesmers will hate you.

Further experimenting with the build also led me to trying SA for leeching wherein drD dropped. It was very interesting in that I could get 3.6k in healing just using spider venom. That thing could go forever but damage output suffered.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

Sontaran.5904

@babazhook
I got you, and that makes sense. I tested SA at one point over TR and then over DA, but it only worked in very specific dueling scenarios.

The key here is SB because you can lay the poison field and then get poison bolts on DB and dodge. You also get poison from dagger attacks in the DA line, poison from steal, and better duration for spider venom. The SB helps with getting out of trouble as well if shadow step is on cool down.

It’s awesome because I can get more damage from poison than bleeds, so if they only cleanse 1 Condi, they still melt. You can even interrupt people with choking gas, which is great in team fights like small group roaming.

Your build is definitely the more durable setup, but I would worry about people just running away and not enough burst in the smaller fights. I suppose it depends on what types of fights you are in as well. Another consideration is that against other Condi thieves running EA, I can burst and stop attacking them while they melt since so many run acro and constantly dodge over DA.

DD/SB Thief Spvp Build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The build I detailed was used in WvW. I solo flipped towers on it against Champions with as many as three enemy trying to stop me.

It great for flipping camps solo and in fact if I came upon a single enemy and he ran IN to a friendly camp so as to defend it and have those guards working against me, I would smile and follow because the more of them guards around, the more I healed.

If I got stunned and took a health hit I could refill it with two Dblossoms.

The problem IS that better players understand that if they stay at range and kite, the build can be neutralized to a great degree but if you want to hold a point or take one the thing works really well.