DD cond build. Power or Precision?

in Thief

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

So, I’m lvl 80 and I’ve been going for the carrion set (cond, power, vit), but now I’m thinking that maybe I should have be getting some precision and toughness as well (from the whispering karma set, for example).

My traits are currently 25/0/15/0/30. I put points on shadow arts so my heal gets me 2 extra initiative, but I’m probably going to move those 15 points to acrobatics.

Another question, the last critical strikes trait gives a 100% chance to crit while in stealth. Does that mean that a Shadow Refuge + Dagger Storm combo would also have a 100% crit chance? Because that would be reeeeally OP.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried a venom build? With 30/0/30/10/0 and using 4 venoms you could really turn battles around. Imagine using basilisk on WvW and everyone next to you gets 1 free stun. Not to mention pretty much everyone would get poison, chill and immobilize whenever you used each of those venoms. To me it seems that the utility this build provides for a whole group would vastly overcompensate the fact that you would deal less damage (since you can’t get cond or precision from traits).

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

So, I’m lvl 80 and I’ve been going for the carrion set (cond, power, vit), but now I’m thinking that maybe I should have be getting some precision and toughness as well (from the whispering karma set, for example).

My traits are currently 25/0/15/0/30. I put points on shadow arts so my heal gets me 2 extra initiative, but I’m probably going to move those 15 points to acrobatics.

Another question, the last critical strikes trait gives a 100% chance to crit while in stealth. Does that mean that a Shadow Refuge + Dagger Storm combo would also have a 100% crit chance? Because that would be reeeeally OP.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried a venom build? With 30/0/30/10/0 and using 4 venoms you could really turn battles around. Imagine using basilisk on WvW and everyone next to you gets 1 free stun. Not to mention pretty much everyone would get poison, chill and immobilize whenever you used each of those venoms. To me it seems that the utility this build provides for a whole group would vastly overcompensate the fact that you would deal less damage (since you can’t get cond or precision from traits).

Stealth breaks on attack, so the first attack out of stealth crits for 100 %, meaning the first projectile sent out by dagger strom would crit for 100 %.

Stealth has a CD of 3 secs before you can restealth, so dagger storming in shadow refuge would be kind of pointles as you don’t get back into stealth.

Venom Aura is limited to 5 players (or AI like pets or called Thieves), like everything else. It’s a very nice support build (with healing Venoms etc), but besides giving out these Venoms, you won’t do all that much on your own.

in Thief

Canoas.8423

Dagger storming in shadow refuge give you one of the best combos possible. In a combo if you were inside the field when you used the finisher the combo triggers. the +100% crit chance could work the same way, you got 100% crit for the next ability.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Dagger storming in shadow refuge give you one of the best combos possible. In a combo if you were inside the field when you used the finisher the combo triggers. the +100% crit chance could work the same way, you got 100% crit for the next ability.

Im pretty sure it’s on the next attack, and not next ability.

But if you know it “better” anyways, why would you ask?

in Thief

Canoas.8423

I don’t know, that’s why I asked. However, I was expecting someone to who knows to answer not someone who has no clue. If you don’t know either why would you pretend you do?

in Thief

Posted by: Karthaugh.6532

Karthaugh.6532

No. Only applies to the first hit of next ability. Easily testable in the dummies in the mists with unload.