DDs get many old anims when others didn't?

in Thief

Posted by: Temus.7086

Temus.7086

I am a long time thief player and was eagerly awaiting the ability to try out the elite specialization, but after experiencing it I feel pretty neglected compared to the rest of the classes. I’m not speaking about viability or power of the various elites that have been introduced, but simply the amount of work that has gone into making the daredevil feel exciting and unique compared to the rest of the classes.

As far as I can tell, the other elites that have been introduced have had far more new animations and spell effects built in with the new abilities (reaper form abilities/GS abilites, ele spell effects, guardian trap animations/virtues, warrior magma rock/shockwave abilities, chrono wall, etc…).

Considering that thief doesn’t have many spell effects to begin with, I can’t understand why ArenaNet would give us so many recycled animations. Sorry if this seems rant-y, I’m sure other elites have recycled animations too, but I just feel very frustrated with the discrepancy in quality comparative to the other elites.

How do you guys feel?

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I wouldn’t mind re-used animations, if they were good re-used animations

in Thief

Temus.7086

Yeah, I think that is part of it too, it doesn’t feel very cohesive or like the fluid martial arts style I thought it would be.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

a chore…. we are an unpleasant chore

edit: i just realized something…. their entire thief balance/design is based on feedback from Ruby that supposely mains thief….. it suddenly all makes sense :|

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

compared to other elite specs …. the amount of new animations in daredevil can be counter with a single hand (maybe single finger – vault).

in Thief

Temus.7086

And even vault is re-used in one of the traited dodges

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I don’t want POWER, just some meaningful attention. Between the post trait-revamp state of Thief and how unpolished DD was in BWE2, it’s hard to escape the feeling that Thief design is a bullet point on a long list of perfunctory things to take care of, i.e. a chore. Where is the PASSION in how the Thief is handled?

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Agreed. I was watching a bw2 video from wvw with revenant and reaper effects flowing beautifully across the screen and the daredevil just looked Ben Affleck.

in Thief

Temus.7086

That sums up my feelings perfectly, Amante.