DE i pve?

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Andwari.2978

Andwari.2978

I rly like Thema sniper mechanics and i had a lot of fun in spvp today. But i wonder how rifle will be good in open maps, or raids , u guys got any ideas about builds and stuff?

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

I rly like Thema sniper mechanics and i had a lot of fun in spvp today. But i wonder how rifle will be good in open maps, or raids , u guys got any ideas about builds and stuff?

You can literally play anything in open world. Raids are different, but since we have to wait till we can try them with raids, nobody can tell.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Preliminary tests show rifle DPS is pathetic to say the least. It’s lower than Unload spam.

This is not likely to improve at all because of how the initiative system works (it’s actually quite sad). Where other classes are balanced around cooldowns (also affected by alacrity) and can constantly rotate between skills, the initiative system is completely broken and a large portion of thief DPS relies on auto attacks during initiative downtime.

Rifle auto attack is pathetic. The damage modifiers in DE are not static as in DD, and are quite frankly far lower. DD gives a 27% damage modifier to staff, with a 100% uptime…while not hindering your movement capabilities.

Do not expect rifle to ever be able to compete in DPS with anything. It’s a 1 trick weapon (Death’s Judgment), which heavily drains your initiative and leaves you vulnerable if you fail, or worse…dead, thanks to reflects.

As far as open world PvE goes, casuals can rejoice as they can safely sit at 1200/1500 range and afk auto attack.

Any decent player will not be using this spec in its current implementation (unless they’re out trolling awful players in WvW) because it’s an obviously rushed, poorly implemented espec. It could have been better, but they wanted to be safe than sorry…which resulted in them being overly safe and giving us what we have in this demo.

(edited by Asur.9178)

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Preliminary tests show rifle DPS is pathetic to say the least. It’s lower than Unload spam.

This is not likely to improve at all because of how the initiative system works (it’s actually quite sad). Where other classes are balanced around cooldowns (also affected by alacrity) and can constantly rotate between skills, the initiative system is completely broken and a large portion of thief DPS relies on auto attacks during initiative downtime.

Rifle auto attack is pathetic. The damage modifiers in DE are not static as in DD, and are quite frankly far lower. DD gives a 27% damage modifier to staff, with a 100% uptime…while not hindering your movement capabilities.

Do not expect rifle to ever be able to compete in DPS with anything. It’s a 1 trick weapon (Death’s Judgment), which heavily drains your initiative and leaves you vulnerable if you fail, or worse…dead, thanks to reflects.

As far as open world PvE goes, casuals can rejoice as they can safely sit at 1200/1500 range and afk auto attack.

Any decent player will not be using this spec in its current implementation (unless they’re out trolling awful players in WvW) because it’s an obviously rushed, poorly implemented espec. It could have been better, but they wanted to be safer than sorry…which resulted in them being overly safe and giving us what we have in this demo.

Also, since Anet clearly showed with HoT and core GW2 (and their overall update policy) this won’t change.
Deadeye is Scrapper 2.0
Rushed out, never finished, abandoned at release day

DE i pve?

in Thief

Asur.9178

Any decent player will not be using this spec in its current implementation (unless they’re out trolling awful players in WvW) because it’s an obviously rushed, poorly implemented espec. It could have been better, but they wanted to be safer than sorry…which resulted in them being overly safe and giving us what we have in this demo.

Also, since Anet clearly showed with HoT and core GW2 (and their overall update policy) this won’t change.
Deadeye is Scrapper 2.0
Rushed out, never finished, abandoned at release day

Except Scrapper is extremely strong in PvP…and DE is not.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Any decent player will not be using this spec in its current implementation (unless they’re out trolling awful players in WvW) because it’s an obviously rushed, poorly implemented espec. It could have been better, but they wanted to be safe than sorry…which resulted in them being overly safe and giving us what we have in this demo.

You just said everything I’ve been thinking… it’s so disappointing and literally makes me sad. I was so excited to play rhis spec and use a rifle in raids as a ranged dps. There are just too many downsides and not enough pay off for even viability. I didn’t care if it was optimal but I was hoping for competetive. Right now if I want to raid I can do so with staff or condo (maybe not in the super hardcore teams but it works well for me). I REALLY wanted another spec to play at range with competency.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

DE i pve?

in Thief

Asur.9178

You just said everything I’ve been thinking… it’s so disappointing and literally makes me sad. I was so excited to play rhis spec and use a rifle in raids as a ranged dps. There are just too many downsides and not enough pay off for even viability. I didn’t care if it was optimal but I was hoping for competive. Right now if I want to raid I can do so with staff or condo (maybe not in the super hardcore teams but it works well for me). I REALLY wanted another spec to play at range with competency.

I have VERY bad news. It gets worse.

Its boonshare capabilities are outmatched by other classes. It will not replace PS warrior because warriors still bring banners and Empower Allies, which is in the same traitline as PS. Chronos still bring 100% group alacrity and quickness, so your ability to self-stack some quickness is irrelevant.

Condi damage is unaffected by Malice stacks. Only condi application from DE specific skills are affected by Malice, and that’s only their duration. Meaning, it does not benefit condi d/d. DD is still superior with its 7% modifier on power and 10% on condi, and the ability to proc condis on dodge.

Power d/d? Out of the question. DD gives a static 100% uptime 17% modifier. DE has a ramp up time and a complete reset (which seriously needs to be addressed) which puts it out of being able to compete for DPS or burst with DD in the long-run.

Power sword? Worse DPS…again, no static modifier and nothing changed on sword that really upped its DPS capabilities. It has always been a poor choice for DPS and nothing will change with DE.

Pistol DPS is pathetic and guess what, as I stated earlier, it outdpses rifle in the current implementation we have in this demo.

The DE traitline focuses way too much on rifle, which isn’t even that great when used against decent players – WvW does not count because from my personal experience, 9/10 players encountered are casual at best who skill/dodge spam and hope they succeed.

I have yet to lose to a DE, or even get hit by a DJ – the telegraphs are over the top and nobody should get hit by them…and I have run into numerous ones since the demo started. DD is eternally superior in the hands of a decent, or better, player in both types of game mode (PvE & sPvP/WvW).

Having said that, I have actually noticed something very curious, which is only skill 2 on rifle is reflected – everything else is absorbed when you attempt to reflect it. Not sure if this is intended or not.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

With all of that said, if the devs are reading this post, we complain because we care. I love the idea of deadeye and I want it to succeed. Please do not take the criticism poorly, we want this spec to compete. We want it to rival daredevil in all game modes.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Phosphorite.6192

Phosphorite.6192

First off: Only talking PvE here, i don’t care about PvP

I really don’t see why everyone is bashing the DS so harshly. I had a loooot of fun with it with the testing so far and it’s damage output looks pretty decent to me. Both in direct damage and condi, hell I can put some venoms on, kneel and spam #2 and the enemies die in seconds without even getting to move towards me. If they live long enough to outlast the immobilize and come close, then needle traps will take care of it + the escape skill that does further poison damage. also, with that one trait that gives you a stolen skill every time you use a cantrip, you can basically spam those, get crazy boons and blast the mobs with even more conditions, including poison. the permanently high vulnerability stacks increase the damage further. And that’s all for a type of build that the DS is not even conceptualized for.

The decrease in mobility (which isn’t even that much less since you can still dodge and stand up from kneeling at any give time + removing mobility based conditions) is a minor detail since the demage is high enough to kill the mob before it even reaches you. and even if it does you still have many skills at your disposal to either increase the time they take to get to you or just get further away again.

Ofc it’s not perfect. The mark reset comes quick and malice doesn’t boost condition damage (but the DS would be too op if it did) and the traits are even more rifle centric than the daredevil traits were with the staff. but overall I really like and enjoy the concept of the DS and it’s nowhere near as crippled as many people make it out to be.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

First off: Only talking PvE here, i don’t care about PvP

I really don’t see why everyone is bashing the DS so harshly. I had a loooot of fun with it with the testing so far and it’s damage output looks pretty decent to me. Both in direct damage and condi, hell I can put some venoms on, kneel and spam #2 and the enemies die in seconds without even getting to move towards me. If they live long enough to outlast the immobilize and come close, then needle traps will take care of it + the escape skill that does further poison damage. also, with that one trait that gives you a stolen skill every time you use a cantrip, you can basically spam those, get crazy boons and blast the mobs with even more conditions, including poison. the permanently high vulnerability stacks increase the damage further. And that’s all for a type of build that the DS is not even conceptualized for.

The decrease in mobility (which isn’t even that much less since you can still dodge and stand up from kneeling at any give time + removing mobility based conditions) is a minor detail since the demage is high enough to kill the mob before it even reaches you. and even if it does you still have many skills at your disposal to either increase the time they take to get to you or just get further away again.

Ofc it’s not perfect. The mark reset comes quick and malice doesn’t boost condition damage (but the DS would be too op if it did) and the traits are even more rifle centric than the daredevil traits were with the staff. but overall I really like and enjoy the concept of the DS and it’s nowhere near as crippled as many people make it out to be.

Congrats. It work in PvE.
Not like literally anything works in PvE, no matter how braindead played.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Phosphorite.6192

So? I was just pointing out, that not everything is bad about this new specialization or all the others. And braindead is pretty overstated. Besides, I’d say it’s a good thing that every kind of build can work. That encourages diversity which is way more fun than everybody running a snoringly boring meta-build.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Asur.9178

So? I was just pointing out, that not everything is bad about this new specialization or all the others. And braindead is pretty overstated. Besides, I’d say it’s a good thing that every kind of build can work. That encourages diversity which is way more fun than everybody running a snoringly boring meta-build.

Open world PvE is far different than Raids and T4 CMs, and DE as well as rifle (as it is currently) has no place in those.

Your rose-tinted glasses cannot save the DE in its current state. Just because you can play something does not make it good. DE in its current implementation in this demo is trash.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Anything can work in PvE. Even a Nomad-Necromancer.
Having a well working option A, doesn’t justify an option B “just because it is not A”.
Deadeye adds nothing thief could’t already do well enough.
Tbh daredevil also was just an improved acro trait.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Phosphorite.6192

Open world PvE is far different than Raids and T4 CMs, and DE as well as rifle (as it is currently) has no place in those.

Your rose-tinted glasses cannot save the DE in its current state. Just because you can play something does not make it good. DE in its current implementation in this demo is trash.

No idea what you mean with CM but we’re not even able to test the specs in Raids and other more demanding PvE content yet. So how are ppl so certain that it’ll suck there? Also, this is a preview for a reason, changes can and will always be made.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

No idea what you mean with CM but we’re not even able to test the specs in Raids and other more demanding PvE content yet. So how are ppl so certain that it’ll suck there? Also, this is a preview for a reason, changes can and will always be made.

We know the traits, skills and weapon.
We know raids.
It’s not rocket science to predict something close to reality with those parameters.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Phosphorite.6192

We know raids.
It’s not rocket science to predict something close to reality with those parameters.

Somehow I think there’s more to these things than just number crunching.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

We know raids.

Oh I forgot. Since all raid bosses are so static, a spec with the most static weapon of all time (beside that, deadeye offers nothing a warrior couldn’t do better) deadeye will sure shine.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Asur.9178

We know raids.

I guess you still haven’t realized people can run preliminary DPS tests on PvP golems and EBG champ grub to get a rough estimate on performance.

Next time, try read through responses before dismissing them as you have here.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Phosphorite.6192

You seem very dismissive to me. Everything I hear is “that sucks, this sucks, that’s not working, the DS is crap”. Pretty dismissive, isn’t it?

I have no illusions whatsoever that the DS isn’t perfect. None at all. All i’m saying is that it shouldn’t be written off as garbage before it’s even out properly.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

You seem very dismissive to me. Everything I hear is “that sucks, this sucks, that’s not working, the DS is crap”. Pretty dismissive, isn’t it?

I have no illusions whatsoever that the DS isn’t perfect. None at all. All i’m saying is that it shouldn’t be written off as garbage before it’s even out properly.

Anet already showed, that tweaking and fixing stuff before a release (and even after) isn’t their strength.
I don’t want to wait six month’s to a year for deadeye’s problems were at least addressed.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Anet already showed, that tweaking and fixing stuff before a release (and even after) isn’t their strength.
I don’t want to wait six month’s to a year for deadeye’s problems were at least addressed.

Dude… Chill.

What you want is not going to happen. Besides, in your own words, Anet doesn’t listen to feedback, so the only reason you’re sticking around is to whine, complain and be sulky about what we got. It’s almost as if Anet insulted you on a personal level from the way you’ve been behaving.

But by all means, vent it out if you have to…

DE i pve?

in Thief

Asur.9178

You seem to be “hearing” what you want to “hear”.

I think you’re having a hard time comprehending what I’ve said, even though I feel I’ve been very clear about everything.

DE in its current implementation in the demo is trash. Now, if ANet wants to address the problems before release to try fix it, that’s up to them. However, as it is right now, it’s bad to say the least.

Also, what is DS? You keep saying DS. I’m not sure what DS is.

(edited by Asur.9178)

DE i pve?

in Thief

Phosphorite.6192

Also, what is DS? You keep saying DS. I’m not sure what DS is.

My bad, somehow I thought that the english name for the new spec is Deadshot (must’ve thought of the DC character xD) ofc i’m referring to the Deadeye.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Dude… Chill.

What you want is not going to happen. Besides, in your own words, Anet doesn’t listen to feedback, so the only reason you’re sticking around is to whine, complain and be sulky about what we got. It’s almost as if Anet insulted you on a personal level from the way you’ve been behaving.

But by all means, vent it out if you have to…

Translation: I have no arguments, so chiiiiill dude.

DE i pve?

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The downside in pve tho is that the rifle brings no aoe and during events that yields loot from adds n swarms, the rifle with its singletarget n few piercing falls short, leaving the shortbow still the top lootstick.

Other than that it will be an ok wep for solo progress in PoF and some smallscale in wvw, but its curreny iteration sadly falls short in spvp

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

DE i pve?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

The downside in pve tho is that the rifle brings no aoe and during events that yields loot from adds n swarms, the rifle with its singletarget n few piercing falls short, leaving the shortbow still the top lootstick.

Other than that it will be an ok wep for solo progress in PoF and some smallscale in wvw, but its curreny iteration sadly falls short in spvp

Rifle falls short everywhere, while deadeye is not as bad as purely rifle, it is still a joke compared to daredevil.