DEV'S seem to not care!!

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: dkayl.6509

dkayl.6509

i have seen a lot of post of people talking about the bad condition thief is right now.. there is soom good topic’s about it with a good explanation, but there is no answer from devs… even more it’s seem they are not even here… we pay for the game… we pay for the expansion… at least you guys should listen to your client…

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Maybe thief is just fine and everyone complaining is bad.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: dkayl.6509

dkayl.6509

i have been playing as a thief a lot of time… i have more than 3000+ games at pvp.. a good rank at wvw ( i don’t play pve)… and i have tested all builds, i know how to play with mesmer, guardian, ranger, ele and the other classe’s as well…and i have been trying to do my best to keep the good play with the thief.. i still kill a lot in pvp, and i almost never die.. but the point is that the thing we have to do to make a lot of damage to our enemie’s have a high risk involve… and the other class seem to do even more damage with no risk at all.. with my mesmer i do more damage than i do with my thief.. and with no risk.. i go, shatter them.. go inv some clones and gg, necro.. well necro is the necro you have almost full hp all the time if you know how to use it.. and the other thing it’s seem all the class now have a way to counter our play stylegame and we dont have really good counters for them, DD dont bring to much to the table, to play DD i have to let go some good tracks and the time i have been playing i think a normal thief with P/d with the meta build is better than DD

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I’m not sure about condi thief. I don’t think that was ever in a particularly amazing position, so no change there.

But I haven’t had any troubles running thief/daredevil in game.

Which is saying a lot, considering I’m not great at thief.
But staff? Staff thief is amazing.

If you don’t stun lock me, I’m really really hard to kill. And even if you do, I have ways to get out.

Now, you said mesmer has no risks…
Have you played against a thief as a mesmer lately???
The sheer amount of interrupts a thief can put on a mesmer, along with 8k+ damage hits. THERE is your risk.

Granted, it’s not like thief flat out beats mesmer, I’m not saying that at all.

But if the mesmer turns his back to a thief? It’s very easy to end up downed before you could even do anything.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

That’s literally the same reasoning many had about pre spec patch necro Anet saw through the lies and significant improvements were made. I just hope it doesn’t take three more years for thief’s.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

thief is okay. Its dead in the middle. Probably the most balanced class. not overpowered, not under-powered.

I thought it was way under-powered, but now, i find it to be the best class in terms of balance.

I never thought I’d say this, but it has good build diversity too. Standard SA d/p is good.
S/d daredevil is really good. (what i run)
P/P daredevil is decent (not great, but not terrible)
d/p daredevil is good.

i’ve been using this s/d daredevil build and its sick…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBdPhlOBWmC8PhFYCzLNcGaDzdwT4KULBEAyAA-TpBFABCcIAEvMABnAga2fYhjAAAPAAA

but rune of daredevil instead of pack. Altough pack, evasion, vampirism and perhaps even citadel would all be legit imo.

the build can be modified for more condition removal using escapists absolution if your fighting a player, or team, with heavy condition damage.
bound can be swapped out for dash in daredevil trait for more mobility.

the strenghts of this build are:

1. decent damage
2. lots of stuns/dazes (steal daze, daze on #1 sword while stealth, stun with fist flurry, basilik venom)
3. great sustain with a large amount of dodges (3 bars of endurance, 50 endurance gain on steal, vigor on successful steal, heal on evades, heal on steal, withdrawal)
4. great thief mobility, even more if you use dash over bound.
5. decent peels. (Shadowstep, bow #5, withdrawal, SR, sword #2)

Build is strong. Run it. Own peeps.

regards,

End level Boss.

see you in game.

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I wish they’d at least adress the bugs :

- excruciating response delay before and after cast of weakening charge.
- travel distance falling short compared to target for Vault.
- No daggers in the impaling lotus animation in lotus training dodge.

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

You can be: D/P, DD, or dead.

DEV'S seem to not care!!

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

I want to point out that the first pre season balance patch isn’t out yet. SO you can’t claim they arn’t listening …. Yet. After the first major balance patch goes through if thief gets “Fixed a minor bug with X Y and Z” and not a page of all the fixes we need.

Then you can be unhappy. Right now we’re playing the waiting game.