DEV or ANET plz read

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

So the pirates are blind proof and several fights in the gauntlet also cause revealed the entire match. I am not here to yell and pound my chest…however…. i AM here to ask why out of pure curiosity. Dont get me wrong i have ALL the matches done and only missed the 8 crystal achievement so its not like im whining. but im curious if this is a BUG or a direct NERF towards the thief class.

Healing thousands of HP
Removing multiple conditions
AOE blinds
Initiative gain
Initiative regeneration
Sneak attack
Back Stab
Tactical Strike
Surprise Shot

To name the main reasons why this is important should go without saying but easier to really look and see the entirety of what it affects. We probably lose 75% or more of our offensive power in several builds because of this. We are also pigeonholed to play a sword build (forced).

Now i understand you probably dont want cheap thieves hiding while invis to reset or heal up etc etc. That said, you also put a relatively short timer in place so that this cannot happen regardless of stealth hiders. I have personally seen dozens of non-thief classes fall from the floor dropping out due to the expiration of the time limit (shows you thakittens a pretty short timer).

With no further ado;

WHY? Can you elaborate and explain please?

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

So the pirates are blind proof and several fights in the gauntlet also cause revealed the entire match. I am not here to yell and pound my chest…however…. i AM here to ask why out of pure curiosity. Dont get me wrong i have ALL the matches done and only missed the 8 crystal achievement so its not like im whining. but im curious if this is a BUG or a direct NERF towards the thief class.

Healing thousands of HP
AOE blinds
Initiative gain
Initiative regeneration
Sneak attack
Back Stab
Tactical Strike
Surprise Shot

To name the main reasons why this is important should go without saying but easier to really look and see the entirety of what it affects. We probably lose 75% or more of our offensive power in several builds because of this. We are also pigeonholed to play a sword build (forced).

Now i understand you probably dont want cheap thieves hiding while invis to reset or heal up etc etc. That said, you also put a relatively short timer in place so that this cannot happen regardless of stealth hiders. I have personally seen dozens of non-thief classes fall from the floor dropping out due to the expiration of the time limit (shows you thakittens a pretty short timer).

With no further ado;

I was able to beat them on the 2nd try when I switch to a condition d/d bleeder build. wasn’t that bad imo.
They did explain that you would have an easier time if you change or adapt your build for each fight.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

All but the last fight were fairly easy (1-3 tries max) using P/P, and no stealth (except from Steals). Stealth itself becomes a crutch if you rely on it solely for your damage and survivability.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Healing thousands of HP
AOE blinds
Initiative gain
Initiative regeneration
Sneak attack
Back Stab
Tactical Strike
Surprise Shot

With no further ado;

I was able to beat them on the 2nd try when I switch to a condition d/d bleeder build. wasn’t that bad imo.
They did explain that you would have an easier time if you change or adapt your build for each fight.

fact is …..ther is no skill or warning there is this about to happen …and no logical reasoning as to why they would add it. go nerf clones in these fights…. or go nerf blocks or go nerf pets. why stealth? why no explanation. this is JUST like when they nerfed withdraw(which was in the notes) and then did roll for initiative too! both underwater distance nerfs but only ONE was supposed to be nerfed. so many people dont notice all the small nerfs they do that they dont mention. i for 1 would atleast like to know why. im a gamer that has given them money and would like to know their reasoning …objective and future goal/plans …. perhaps i would not like to participate. perhaps i may agree with their reasoning.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: LostHunter.2845

LostHunter.2845

well i did it with my weir crapy build im still working on in 3rd time

i have zerk gear with undead runes and all random rings amus etc

just took out healer and rest was easy just evade with short bow and burst with s/d

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ok i think you guys are MISSING THE POINT> i did it. i have liadri doll i have all the achievement minus the 8 crystals on liadri. its not about be able to finish it. its why is thief the only class targeted and the only class having its core mechanic taken away. not to mention heals condi removal defense and offensive capabilities. there is a timer so you can\t hide and heal. why cant we use backstab or sneak attack etc. why not blind etc.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Darksidhe.6740

Darksidhe.6740

It was probly to prevent us from resetting the fight but had unintended side effects.

Or it could be stealth research pre-stealth nerfing.

Dev1: Ok..I’m taking odds..Char thief dies in 40 seconds.
Dev2: No way..thats way to long !
Dev3: Make sure we run logs on this..guys don’t eat cornpuffs near the servers…yep we can use this ..ok..who has the cornpuffs?

Not good for us to be herded into 1 or 2 specs and weapon combos.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Travlane.5948

@Darksidhe could be a test. but at the same time…in the interview the short dude said that it was a “bragging right” or way to show how good you are at the game by having beaten liadri and showing off her mini. i however 100% DISAGREE! why? well lets see…liadri isnt strong…shes actually one of the weakest if not def the weakest of all the bosses. the environment 1 hit KO hurts yes but liadri has no skill.

The ONLY thing beating liadri proves is that you can time your rolls and use the camera angles well!

Anets intentions were in the right place with liadri but to be honest they came up way short. beating the champions at the balloon towers 1 v 1 posed more of a challenge. those guys were quicker….smarter….reacted better. used combos. the gauntlet was just not what they said it was :/

also the ONLY thing they really need to nerf a lil is black powder shot. thats the only thing that is really abusive. now they dont have to tear the whole skill apart. the duration has to stay for defensive reasons. its the ability to stack the invis thats abused. all anet has to do is make it so we cant gain init while invis over and over. it should perhaps only add 2 init if you go invis while you are NOT already invis.

but i would still like to know why the devs and/or anet is targeting thieves like this. not trying to start a conspiracy but there is def more than meets the eye

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Darksidhe.6740

Darksidhe.6740

I agree with you.
Setting a mutliplyer for revealed on BlackPowder or single activation for init gain would have worked.

I really hate when they “tune” our stealth effects.
I’d much rather see them adjust init regen under BlackPowder effect or put a 1 sec delay tied to BP stealth..you could still use BP for the blind if you had to.

The init system is a headache for the devs.
It allows such a massive amount of creative dmg/effect managment it is hard to balance.
But if we had the same cooldowns as everyone else that would be a huge rework.

Time to go play..have fun.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Travlane.5948

a 2 sec delay on bps stealth after each stealth would be perfect

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Why the hell would you want them to nerf BP?!

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Travlane.5948

not nerf bp….. but balance it so ther is no PERMA invis. i dont mind LONG invis. but no need for perma…. but the POINT of this post is why is ANET nerfing thieves ONLY for the guantlet. i mean ther is nothign stated. excuse the spelling im on my cell.

DEV or ANET plz read

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

not nerf bp….. but balance it so ther is no PERMA invis. i dont mind LONG invis. but no need for perma…. but the POINT of this post is why is ANET nerfing thieves ONLY for the guantlet. i mean ther is nothign stated. excuse the spelling im on my cell.

I’m sorry, but BP is already balanced. There’s absolutely nothing overpowered about pseudo-permastealth whatsoever and I’m getting pretty sick and kittening tired of hearing everyone complain about it, especially Thief players!

What you’re talking about is a straight up nerf, and a useless one at that. Stick to the topic of your thread and leave the QQing to the non-Thief players who don’t know how to counter a D/P Thief and aren’t willing to learn just how easy it is to do.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain