Auesis.7301

Equipment: 1:30
Core Traits: 7:39
New DPS Rotation: 15:38
Shadow Arts/Trickery Explanation: 17:10
FGS/LH Explanation: 24:05
Consumables: 27:22
Utilities: 30:00

Quick note: Why don’t I use Bloodlust? Same reason I don’t take Slaying weapons that I explain in the beginning of the video. That and I enjoy having flat damage bonuses over a gradual DPS increase throughout the run, even if it becomes slightly higher than the flat boosts. This is pure attribution to laziness. If you want Bloodlust, as you will end up with higher DPS, take a weapon with it. That’s just a matter of my personal taste and laziness to not take one. Also, inventory space for loots. I’m not gunning for world records, but if I was, I would take one.

“Core” build can be found with most details here:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vYAQRAoY8al8Mp6pNOxwJ0PJRs9YnAgnaPwJAAAA-zwBBYfFRjm8LQUBLjOzsIasFXFRjVXDT5iIqOAwBwv9tv9tv/+7vP/8zP/8z73f/93f/tMA6jB-e

Some re-iterations:

Stick with 6/6/0/0/2 for everything except boss fights that last over around 25-30 seconds where you are using D/D. Then swap to 6/6/2/0/0. Experiment with how your dungeon groups perform to see when each setup is best for you in each situation. This is the joy of being able to swap builds at any time with just a few clicks.

With FGS, take Improvisation and Revealed Training. Use Stealth skills to get yourself Revealed during FGS #3/#4. If you know you will be damaged during the process, and thus lose your Scholar bonus, do not use Hide in Shadows. Keep Signet of Malice to ensure you have your Scholar bonus active during your attacks. This will end up as a better trade-off.

With LH, take Dagger Training and Improvisation. An alternative, if you can combine combo fields correctly and your group is organised, is to take Improvisation and Revealed Training, plant Smoke Screen and blast it as you attack to get constant Revealed. However, in most cases, it will be difficult to continuously access the field. This requires lots of communication.

New DPS rotation with 6/6/2/0/0: C+D, Backstab, Auto #1/#2/#3, repeat. After 50%, begin using Heartseeker. To get lots of powered-up Heartseekers, plant Smoke Screen or trigger Blinding Powder when appropriate, use them to land a free Backstab and continue to Heartseeker while Revealed.

Food:

With Truffle Steak Dinner and Signet of Agility, you will already be in excess of 100% crit chance with Fury and a Discipline Banner (if above 90% health and flanking the target) but the Power is more easily accessible at all times. Dragon Breath Bun is a cheaper alternative that I like to stick with regardless. Sharpening Stones or appropriate Potions for regular dungeons, Skale Venom for Fractals. Lifesteal food with compound healing from Signet of Malice is very large. Seaweed Salad or Sweet and Spicy Soup are most definitely better choices, but go for stupendous prices and unless you actually are gunning for a world record, do not waste all your gold on those.

Happy to answer any questions!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

DPS Build for Dungeons/Fractals post-15/04

in Thief

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Wait, they actually fix seaweed salad?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Maybe, possibly? I heard it was fixed with anecdotal evidence, but haven’t tried using it myself.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

how would you gear that at the exotic level?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Same as Ascended, all Berserker.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Wait, they actually fix seaweed salad?

Was thinking the same thing! I stacked up on those a few months back (got like 2k for about 2g or something) hoping they would fix it. If that’s true then I’m definitely going to use them from now on! Time to jump in and check

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

disappointed to see the same zerk meta.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

disappointed to see the same zerk meta.