Dagger/Dagger or Dagger/Pistol for PvE?

in Thief

Posted by: Starsurfer.7209

Starsurfer.7209

Q:

So I’ve been really into playing my Thief as of late, and I was just curious as to which of these two weapon sets is considered better for a PvE setting using a 4/6/4/0/0 trait load-out. (Basically a Crit and Power build with a focus on stealth to help with survivability) I’ve been getting the feeling that the community generally views D/P to be superior overall, but whether that is just for PvP or I’m just completely wrong, I can’t say. If you could also include you reasons for why you feel the set you chose is better, that would be really helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

in Thief

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I use sword/pistol and shortbow for solo PvE with a 5/6/0/0/3 build. Full zerker with runes of the scholar. Sigil of air in sword, sigil of accuracy in pistol. Shortbow sigils of force and fire.

Playstyle is basically stealth to target, open with pistol #5, then sword #3 (pistol whip) until done. Rinse, repeat. This all you need for any melee encounter.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I would also use S/P in PvE, because of cleave and pistolwhip.

Shortbow in your offhand :-)

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Dagger/Dagger is the highest DPS single target weapon sets a thief has, making it one of the best PvE sets.

Dagger/Pistol is one of the weakest options for PvE since Sword/Pistol will do higher DPS while also cleaving and it can drop a blind field just as well.

For a full PvE guide and breakdown of the various weaponsets, check out Chase’s guide on GuildWars2Guru.com.