Daggers and Dungoens

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

Do they have any chance of being viable against bosses?
Unlike S/P which i currently use atm, dagger builds have no immunes, blinds are ineffective against bosses and you still take dmg while stealthed.
I could spend my time dodging atks but that would mean less time dpsing.

Anyone have any good dagger builds for running dungoens. I was playing around with D/P and really enjoying it but i think once its crunch time, i’ll just drop like a fly.

Also our main source of heals seem to come while stealthed which again, takes me out of combat.

Is standing behind bosses enough to negate enough dmg to survive sustained fights.

Thanks in advanced, i feel like a change of scenery.

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

IMO it depends on the dungeon and boss fights, I would still take s/p over d/d even with the nerfs coming, and in some dungeons like CoE fighting Alpha you have 3-5sec between his barrage of AoE attacks and your Int Lost is no big deal at all.

IMO Dungeon fights dont last long enough for worrie about the nerfs, the nerfs hurt wvw and pvp.

SAB or RIOT

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowAgent.6053

ShadowAgent.6053

Well this is considered the optimal min/max dps build for thief and it uses d/d for boss fights (where possible ofc.) and s/p for trash.

There is also the d/d condition/ evasion build I played around before and I found it quite fun on trash but I didn’t like it on bosses. Think it was 20/0/0/20/30 but I might be wrong.

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Back when I was using D/D, I use Vampirism Runes.

The attack speed of daggers and Hide-in-Shadows → Back stab heals me for a lot of health and when I get into trouble, the Mist Form allows me to get out of danger before going down.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

Love that video part where he says bosses will be inflicted from crybaby or kitten from exposed weakness lol.

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

Well this is considered the optimal min/max dps build for thief and it uses d/d for boss fights (where possible ofc.) and s/p for trash.

There is also the d/d condition/ evasion build I played around before and I found it quite fun on trash but I didn’t like it on bosses. Think it was 20/0/0/20/30 but I might be wrong.

Similar to the build I’m already running, cept i only have 10 in trickery in put the other 5 in acro for swift on dodge.
Guess I’ll have to see how it goes.

Daggers and Dungoens

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i just run my pvp build in pve… but kind of have to swap to p/p in some fights, especially fractals

in lv 48 fractals, mossman for example, 1 hit you are dead and it is usually not telegraphed

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>