[Daredevil]-Compliment Thread

in Thief

Posted by: MADAIR.1948

MADAIR.1948

Just want to make a compliment thread. We all had a lot of negatives to say (rightfully so) but there WERE positives so I wanted to make this thread to give the dev something positive to look at amidst all our groaning.

Please do not post any negative feedback in this thread to avoid confusion. This is for compliments. Negative feedback can be posted at the thread below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-Feedback/page/5#post546

So back to the compliments . . .

Bandit’s Defense – This ability feels perfect! I love it! The feeling of blocking that bull rush and snap kicking someone across the face is so gratifying! The animation, the mechanic, everything about it (even if it gets nerfed a few seconds)! I had so many clutch moments and fight flips! It really fits into your description of the traitline and gives us some power in a toe to toe brawl on the battle field.

Impact Strike – ….FREAKING love this. I saw a bit of negative feedback about it being boring and what not but I think people are using it wrong or something. The feeling of stomping someone who is still standing . . . again gratifying. I got a nerco at 25% hp who was rezzing someone with my finishing blow, he died instantly AWESOME (I was like “HOW DARE YOU REZ INFRONT OF ME!”) lol. I like everything about it. The fact that it’s hand to hand combat, the interupts and stuns, the chain effect, being able to stow weapon on a stage if someone dodges and recast, really awesome. Had some people make really clutch dodges and teleports out from under my finishing blow which was also awesome to watch. The moves are recycled but I don’t really mind so much. I love having finishing power and the fact that the enemy sees their health is a bit low and becomes very worried about my finishing blow. It makes me feel dangerous.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I agree with impact strike ! It’s so rewarding when you turn around a duel with that. I was playing against a ranger and I had 10% and he had 25%. I thought I was dying and then Impact Strike ( you know when you have a new build/skill, you are not used to it yet and you remember it actually IS in your skill bar )! Instant death from the ranger !

This is one of the best feeling I had in the entire game !

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Things I really like about the Daredevil:

Bandit’s Defense – Great skill, I hope they do not change this skill. I know they will increase the cooldown to 15 seconds, but I hope it doesn’t get longer than that. Its a great skill to use as a stun breaker or an interrupt, or both. One of my favourite skills so far.

Impact Strike (Elite) – Another favourite. A great skill as a mid fight interrupt or a rapid finisher. This skill will be replaing Basilisk Venom on my skillbar.

Distracting Daggers – A very useful interrupt skill with the added benefit of increasing the cooldown of the interrupted skill. When used right this is a very good skill. It needs a bit of pre-emptive casting, but when you know your target is likely to use a heal or something, you can usually precast it ready for when you need to stop it.

Fist Furry – Good damage and a hard hitting interrupt. Combined with the Impacting Disruption trait it can deal a lot of damage. It can be hard to hit with all 5 strikes at times, but I like the high risk high reward nature of it.

Impacting Disruption – I have really been enjoying this trait. I created a high interrupt build that was dishing out a lot of damage when I timed things right. Very fun and rewarding trait and seems to do a decent enough amount of damage even though it doesn’t crit.

All Dodge Replacers – Apart from the feel of them (I know Karl is looking at that) I really like all 3 dodge replacers. I can see Bounding Dodger and Lotus Training being used much more then Dash, due to the finishers and other effects, but I think some will run with Dash when building for maximum mobility.

Extra Endurance Bar – What’s not to like about this? An extra dodge is great, and while it is not as much endurance gain as the old acrobatics trait would have given, over a longer fight, I think it is a good compromise.

Apart from the heal skill and the general functionality of the staff, all other traits and skills seem fine to me. The only trait that I think needs some attention is Evasive Empowerment. While I can see how this trait could be useful, I just don’t see it getting picked over the other two in that tier.

For the most part I think the Daredevil is in a pretty good state to be honest. If they can fix the staff and the heal skill it will be a very good elite spec, and one I can see myself happily running as my main. Hell, even if they don’t fix the staff and heal skill I will still be running as a Daredevil because of the above traits and skills. I’m happy so far, I hope Anet can make me even happier .

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

The Brawler Feel. I just love the way I feel like I’m ready to take on the world when I’m playing the daredevil, especially when I square up with bandit’s defense. I actually am naming my montage Warriors because of that lol. But it feels nice to be a bruiser of sorts.

CC The stunlock combos on daredevil are just amazing. With bandits defense, fist flurry, and Impact strike combos I can keep a combo going for a while, a lot of times resulting in someone’s death. High risk high reward playstyle here.

Bandit’s Defense One of the best things about daredevil honestly. Don’t really feel the need to explain here.

And finally my favorite… removing conditions on dodge! been waiting for this for a really long time, and although there are counterplays to it it’s a very good trait to take and allows you to survive pretty well.

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

I haven’t had this much fun with S/D ever since Acro got rekt
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn0MBFmilOBGOBkmiFYCzLNcGaDzfwS4KULBEA2NA-TpBFABP8AAEvMQbHBgFOEA6s/AAnAAA

been using this build I got from MagicToker.

Fist Flurry I don’t even know what is the point of this skill, it basically never hits, atleast from few games I used it.

Distracting Daggers Kind of boring skill so I didn’t use it much but it seems overall good.

Bandit’s Defense This ability is perfect, replaces Shadow Refuge on S/D 100%

Impairing Daggers Slow is so op wtf

Channeled Vigor I don’t know, Withdraw is just too good to give up, for dodge spec especially. It will get interrupted most likely anyways.

Impact Strike Probably my favourite skill right now, feels so rewarding when you land it to some low hp target with last part of chain and just instant finish them.

Staff

Autoattack needs little bit more damage for sure, stealth is fine with low damage because of 2 sec knockdown. Though, it’s not horrible damage. Overall I’m fine with it.

#2 Needs either to be targeted or needs evade, like it has animation that looks perfectly like evade. But Weakness is nice and damage too, which makes it better.

#3 Removing immobilize? Yes please.

#4 not commenting on this one, needs lot of work.

#5 Holy kitten this damage is huge, though it can be easily blinded by thieves, don’t fight them. It also has pretty funny animation.

Overall I liked Staff.

Traits They are just perfect when/if dodges get fixed (kind of fixed), but otherwise they are just kitten awesome. Condi cleanse and heal on evading attack? Holy kitten yes please. Also 3rd dodge is so good for pvp.

Special dodges

Impaling Lotus I didn’t play with this one much, but cripple looks really nice, even for power specs.

Dash In theory it sounds nice but execution is not working out perfectly (which will get fixed I hope), I have also been waiting for cripple and chill removal on dodge

Bounding Dodger Really good right now, this one wasn’t as clunky as other ones so it was really nice to play with, damage is good overall (normally 4k crits) for dodge.

I’d give 9/10 for Daredevil spec overall. Really liked it.

edit: Forgot to say, Thief is no longer +1 boring thing in spvp, now you can actually duel stuff on points… I love this.

(edited by Petoox.6570)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

If I had to pick my three favorite traits/utilities/ and staff skills they would be in each

Impacting disruption
Lotus training
Escapists absolution

Bandits defense
Impairing daggers
The elite

Hook
Debilitating arc
Vault

This does not mean they perfect in current state but rather they my own favorites to use.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I had a lot of fun with Bandit’s Defense and Impairing Daggers, both of which feel like they fit right into current builds. Between ID and the Lotus dodge, a condition spec ALMOST feels viable…

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

And finally my favorite… removing conditions on dodge! been waiting for this for a really long time, and although there are counterplays to it it’s a very good trait to take and allows you to survive pretty well.

You’ve been waiting for it for a really long time because it’s belonged in Acro for about 2 years now. Most of DD is comprised of ideas that should have been in acro, but weren’t because then how could they sell us DD?

Since this is a compliment thread, I will point out that most of the physical utilities are great. Bandit’s Defense is great (at 10s, probably less so at 15), Impairing Daggers will be solid once they remove the bugged Init cost, Flurry has some potential, and Impact strike feels nigh perfect. Distracting daggers needs some redesign though.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You’ve been waiting for it for a really long time because it’s belonged in Acro for about 2 years now. Most of DD is comprised of ideas that should have been in acro, but weren’t because then how could they sell us DD?

Since this is a compliment thread, I will point out that most of the physical utilities are great. Bandit’s Defense is great (at 10s, probably less so at 15), Impairing Daggers will be solid once they remove the bugged Init cost, Flurry has some potential, and Impact strike feels nigh perfect. Distracting daggers needs some redesign though.

I’m just happy that we finally got it…I mean yeah it should have gone in acro originally but at least now we have it. Now they need to change up acro to make it viable.

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

the basic idea’s nice, and the theme is one I can get behind.

in Thief

Posted by: wtfkirk.6549

wtfkirk.6549

I loved running Staff and P/P with bounding dodge in PVE.
I didn’t run any dungeons but fighting world bosses while just evading all over the place and watching 10-20 people insta down is a great thing, and when I get low on health I would just staff 5 to safety switch to P/P, smoke field, dodge, mini unload, unload, unload, and be near topped off with signet of malice procs. It was a ton of fun and once they polish the class up a bit I can really seeing this elite having a place in Raids.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I loved running Staff and P/P with bounding dodge in PVE.
I didn’t run any dungeons but fighting world bosses while just evading all over the place and watching 10-20 people insta down is a great thing, and when I get low on health I would just staff 5 to safety switch to P/P, smoke field, dodge, mini unload, unload, unload, and be near topped off with signet of malice procs. It was a ton of fun and once they polish the class up a bit I can really seeing this elite having a place in Raids.

SOM is vastly underrated and will work even better.