Daredevil Staff Custom Animation Please

in Thief

Posted by: Dylan.4170

Dylan.4170

I am a bit annoyed that the Daredevil staff animation is the same as holding a hammer, i think that there should be a new animation for wielding the staff, to spice things up. Does anyone agree with this?

in Thief

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

This annoys me too, for all melee staff users.

I wish they’d hold the staff more like The Monkey King.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/3/38/Mini_Monkey_King.jpg

in Thief

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Totally agree. +1

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Thief

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Yeah, same feeling here. Monkey king stance with staff would actually make sense for thieves, however not revenants. Which still doesn’t make hammer fighting stance appropriatly looking for staff stance.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Yep, Monkey King. People have been asking for a change since the launch of HoT, but I doubt it will ever happen.

in Thief

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, it looks particularly bad on Revenant if you switch from hammer to staff while wielding. The staff just gets a head at one end.

in Thief

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The moment I first equipped a staff on daredevil and revenant I was simultaneously disappointed and unsurprised.

It’s not a hammer.

I will say some of the stances taken between and during attacks are great. It’s too bad about the run and idle ones.

in Thief

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Yeah, same feeling here. Monkey king stance with staff would actually make sense for thieves, however not revenants. Which still doesn’t make hammer fighting stance appropriatly looking for staff stance.

revenant’s are much more martial artsy with their staff auto attack than daredevil is.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

The good news is the Monkey King stance is already implemented IG: you can see it for a short time when you start walking crippled. The bad news is we’ve been begging for this change since the launch of HoT, and we’re still waiting for it to happen.