Coloxeus.3480

Test build P/P using ‘Unhindered’ Trait while kiting
http://youtu.be/Tyw_eJwGKfk

Daredevil "The Flash "P/P gameplay PvP

in Thief

Posted by: azmodey.4576

azmodey.4576

It was nice to watch
Is it not overkill to take Unhindered and withdraw ?

in Thief

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Isn’t “Bounding Dodger” better to get some stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

I like how basi venom didn’t do squat to the warr in the first fight shown….
Edit 2nd time used*

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

(edited by Khazik.8052)

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Inspiring !

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i have better build
taking more video material for it so it will be up soon
and yes bound trait is much better it team fight imo atm
you did more dmg with d/p than p/p ….

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Thank you for sharing!

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

That necro is bad.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Sorry but I had to stop after seeing your duels with the Warrior and shortly after Necro. My conclusion:
Build is bad, opponents are bad, you are bad.
Don’t take it personally, thief & daredevil are both in a bad spot. But this video contributes to nothing of significance in terms of high-end pvp gameplay or the viability of thief in the pvp scene.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sorry but I had to stop after seeing your duels with the Warrior and shortly after Necro. My conclusion:
Don’t take it personally, thief & daredevil are both in a bad spot. But this video contributes to nothing of significance in terms of high-end pvp gameplay or the viability of thief in the pvp scene.

You don’t get it. The video shows a P/P build can go toe-to-toe with a Warrior that is hitting like a truck. This information shows that one of the major factors of the Thief is not the build, but how you play it.

The necro was bad, I agree.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Have you tried using “Impacting Disruption”? I have not had time to test it and not sure how good the damage is when you interrupt someone esp seeing in spvp people will panic and spam their heal button allowing for some easy interrupts.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Have you tried using “Impacting Disruption”? I have not had time to test it and not sure how good the damage is when you interrupt someone esp seeing in spvp people will panic and spam their heal button allowing for some easy interrupts.

Good players don’t panic though.

in Thief

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Fair enough, have you tried using “Impacting Disruption”? I have not had time to test it and not sure how good the damage is when you interrupt someone. Would it be worth taking over escapist absolution.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Fair enough, have you tried using “Impacting Disruption”? I have not had time to test it and not sure how good the damage is when you interrupt someone. Would it be worth taking over escapist absolution.

This really depends on how you play your Thief. Each has their own appeal to some build. For instance, I rather take Staff Mastery for more burst damage. The 10% extra damage added to Vault is too hard to pass up.

It really comes down to whoever put the most pressure first. So if I can put my opponent into defensive mode, then I’ve already won. It’s the risk I’m willing to take.

However, to other Thief player, they like to interrupt and cleanse condition, which are fine, but like I said, it depends on the player how they play their Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Isn’t “Bounding Dodger” better to get some stealth?

I did that for a bit but eventually realized the stealth is totally unnecessary. Sneak attack won’t out DPS Unload and Dash gives you plenty of defensive/escape play and cures the ever so instadeathage immobilize meta against us that plagued Thief since Shadow Embrace was RIP’d.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Zanyu.2017

Zanyu.2017

I loved the gameplay footage! It was really fun to watch and really shows how constant movement with quick attacks fit with the idea behind thieves and daredevils.

While I don’t 100% agree that the opponents were on the best skill side of things, I actually find them quite average. I think a lot of perceptions of what bad players may do are actually quite common. Sure better players are less likely to make certain mistakes, but that’s what sets different skill brackets of players.

You’ll see pros make beginner mistakes all the time, miscalculations or wrong twitch movements.

IE: In League of Legends people messing up flashing over walls.
Hearthstone missing lethal.

I really don’t think the argument of he’s playing bad players is much to downplay his video and build. Until there’s a visible MMR rating to see within the game to determine the average skill level of the players you are currently facing it’s really impossible to determine what a skill level of brackets can offer.

(edited by Zanyu.2017)