[Daredevil] WvW 3.44 mins uncut

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

Hello fellow filchers, here’s a video of some pulmonary impact. (Sorry for the glitches)

Come watch me spam Impact Strike!

Kole —Thief
youtube

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Nice! First person I’ve seen to make an Interrupt Thief work Good fights man.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

That was very smooth. Kind of surprised you didn’t use S/P with Bounding Dodger trait.

You haven’t done a lot of vids lately, I was wondering if you quit. Does that mean we can except some more action from your channel?

Also did you try Charr Thief with Staff? how does it look?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Woaden.9425

Rain: Thanks! I think interrupt thief could definitely be a thing int he future.

Kocoff: Nah, I had a pretty serious back issue but I’m recovering and hope to be back in full fighting condition very soon!

I did try staff, I was not a fan. That being said I also didn’t give it much of a chance. For the 1-2 hours I did use it, my takeaway was that it was close, but it needed a few things: better animations, less precast, and/or some form of mobility. If this had a forward/target shadowstep (or a 25% movement while wielding staff), i’d be all over it.

The pre/post casting issues I felt in staff were similar to when they tried to fix SB#3 and tagged on that long postcast animation.

Any pre/post in thief must be carefully considered, especially if more sustain is a design imperative. If we are to live or die by our reflexes then more things should be instant activate, you know?

Kole —Thief
youtube

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Rain: Thanks! I think interrupt thief could definitely be a thing int he future.

Kocoff: Nah, I had a pretty serious back issue but I’m recovering and hope to be back in full fighting condition very soon!

I did try staff, I was not a fan. That being said I also didn’t give it much of a chance. For the 1-2 hours I did use it, my takeaway was that it was close, but it needed a few things: better animations, less precast, and/or some form of mobility. If this had a forward/target shadowstep (or a 25% movement while wielding staff), i’d be all over it.

The pre/post casting issues I felt in staff were similar to when they tried to fix SB#3 and tagged on that long postcast animation.

Any pre/post in thief must be carefully considered, especially if more sustain is a design imperative. If we are to live or die by our reflexes then more things should be instant activate, you know?

I see. Sorry about the back but I hope you recover too mate! Keep your head up for sure. I made a Charr just recently hoping the staff animation will look smoother but i ll stick with him.

don’t forget to post your feedback to the dev!

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

good video. I am really thinking that while your build is s/p there real possibilities for hybrid p/p using pressure strike , bleeds and impact.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Is that dan auerbach’s new album ? Can you post your spec ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I’ve not watched the vid yet as I’m at work, but will give it a watch later.

I tried an interrupt build in stronghold with great success. It is definitely a good build to run. I ran SP and staff, mostly using SP. Staff is ok, but would like the evade to be ground targeted (so you have more control over the direction) and would of liked an interrupt option on staff (out of stealth). Staff is a decent melee AoE damage weapon, but it doesn’t offer anything other sets can do better in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to watching the vid later, as I am keen to see how Daredevil plays in WvW.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Thief

Woaden.9425

good video. I am really thinking that while your build is s/p there real possibilities for hybrid p/p using pressure strike , bleeds and impact.

I believe you are correct! The only issue I have with p/p and going full hybrid interrupt is that both your DD and you Tr (impact) master traits must choose the interrupt traits over the condi clear traits, and I like having one or the other.

That said, you could take bound and SA and have your condi clear there, I’ll grant you, but I prefer DA. Of course you can find other ways to mitigate condi damage.

Is that dan auerbach’s new album ? Can you post your spec ?

Build and music is in the description on YT (song credit at end of video, it’s from their Brothers album). Thanks!

… looking forward to watching the vid later, as I am keen to see how Daredevil plays in WvW.

Ya seems like there were many fun moments with DD and I have high hopes they will polish it up by HoT! Hope you enjoy the vid.

Kole —Thief
youtube