Daredevil have no combo field?

in Thief

Posted by: Tring.7042

Tring.7042

We have 2 types of combo finishers on dodge
But neither staff skills nor utility skills have combo fields?

So, going s/p p/p sb and taking our smoke screen with new spec should be better?

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

What are you saying? Thief got Dark and Smoke field utilities.

in Thief

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

According to the blog, Karl design Daredevil traits and skills with evasion in mind rather than stealth. Ofc you still have an option of taking pistol offhand or utilities for accessible stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

According to the blog, Karl design Daredevil traits and skills with evasion in mind rather than stealth. Ofc you still have an option of taking pistol offhand or utilities for accessible stealth.

This. The good thing is that he has designed it in such a way that it benefits other existing elements (we have good access to Smoke + Poison fields plus one Dark), so it’s not like you can’t mess around with Stealth combos – you can, just not with the weapon Daredevil comes with.

This is also why the Stealth Attack for Staff is so strong (2 second knockdown) – because Staff can’t readily enter Stealth by itself.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I think staff #4 could benefit from a short smoke field. This is because while I think staff is pretty interesting, it will be outclassed by weapon sets that offer a way to stealth, which is all the others at this point. That said, making it only a 2 second, non pulsing arc in front of you would keep it short enough that staff wouldn’t be able to stack stealth as it would require blowing dodges or a minimum of 10 initiative.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

I agree that maybe stealth is not the goal of dare devil (which is of course fine), the problem is though, that now there is no way to use the whirls or leap. Aside taking smoke screen (which people in PvP rarely take because of its high cooldown). I’d hope they at least provide one field on staff.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Definitely think Staff #4 should lay down a small smoke field that pulses blind (let’s say every 1s for 3s in a line). Think a mini smoke screen… perhaps that blocks the first 2-3 projectiles that hit it?