Daredevil is amazing for Roaming

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

The Dash dodge roll combined with Withdraw, Roll for initiative, Bandits defence and shadowstep makes you almost untouchable and impossible to pin down. The fact that Vault now has a 0.5 evasion built in makes it even better.

Zipping in between 3 warriors agro’d to you, being impossible to catch, dealing hefty damage with vault and a cheeky weakening charge, whilst your roaming partner cleans them up is so satisfying.

After all this time of being 2 or 3 hit by other classes and now they can’t touch this

You can, if you want to spec for it, keep them almost always inflicted with Weakness + weakened foes hit for less on you + Dash reduces all damage taken for the next 3s by 10%… It all adds up.

I will say Daredevil struggles with initiative sustain but this is something I’ll/we/you’ll get used to managing with the new staff skills.

The build I used is in my signature but I’m using Dagger Storm because I haven’t unlocked Impact Strike yet.

Also, you’re zipping everywhere so. kitten . fast. You can stack 1m30s of Swiftness in spawn then zoom away.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

(edited by meepeY.2867)

in Thief

Posted by: pola.5832

pola.5832

Have you tried spvp yet? Im hoping it will be a good fighter, instead of a sneak in-sneak out assassin, or the classic +1 meta stuff im used to

Also, maybe a little offtopic, but do you think thief will be viable for raids, using staff? considering the dodges and everything

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Have you tried spvp yet? Im hoping it will be a good fighter, instead of a sneak in-sneak out assassin, or the classic +1 meta stuff im used to

Also, maybe a little offtopic, but do you think thief will be viable for raids, using staff? considering the dodges and everything

I would say that Staff Daredevil is absolutely the way to go for raids. Bosses in raids tend to have large hitboxes, and the beta one was no exception. That means that landing Weakening Charge will be very easy, and with all the damage modifiers from the traitline you should see some great numbers. I was getting something like 30k (10k x3) in the beta raid for each WC and 35-40k with each Vault should you want to evade something. Couple that with the constant Weakness generation for adds, an autoattack that’s as fast as Dagger but pretty much on-par with Sword auto damage while applying Vulnerability for the group and you got a winner on your hands.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

It’s solid in sPvP if you wanted your thief to be able to sustain more in fights while still doing consistent damage (5-8k aoe crits, small radius). I rarely, rarely die running acrobatics/deadly arts/dare devil. You can keep up evades almost nonstop for a very long time with constant initiative and endurance regen.

While I really like the staff and some of the new additions, I wish aNet had given thieves more group utility. Staff doesn’t offer much in the way of it. Though, finishing blow is very good.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]