Daredevil vs berserker?

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I thought I’d come here to ask on opinions from fellow pve fans.

I was thinking about making a daredevil for solo HoT events and roaming and came up with a full carrion condition build using dual daggers spamming lotus training, and death blossom. I haven’t had to too many issues in the mists which is only where I have been testing as I currently have been saving my heroics for this or berserker.

So would something like this even work in the HoT maps if I was running solo doing events and such or would it be kinda hard to pull off and would berserker actually overall give me an easier time do you think?

I know this is the thief forum but hope for some opinions how other conditidaredevils are doing solo out there

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I’m not mainly condition but i do have a condi set for when i feel like it but overall I feel like berserker stats give you a better time in pve if you care about speed. If condi is what you like then it will work just fine. PvE you can actually play the way you want so just do what’s more fun for you.

If you mean the warrior espec then I can’t give you an accurate read because I don’t play war very much but it does generally do PvE better if i remember right.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

As a thief main player, I would lean towards using berserker for pve and hot content. The resistance and heal per second uptime, the dps output, the boons and the mobility are all superior.

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

I run around the HoT maps using zerk gear. I find it is better for my play style then the vipers gear I use in raids. I use p/p and d/d on swap. Most HoT mobs seem to be in pairs and with zerk it is easy to take one of them out quick enough that the other doesn’t have time to pressure me and help his buddy.

Now, if you’re asking about the berserk warrior? Well, I have over 1,500 hours on my warrior. I wouldn’t necessarily say warrior has an edge or even that thief does in HoT maps. As Ario said, in PvE you have a lot of flexibility.

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Sylent.3165

Yes I do mean the actual berserker class not gear sorry.

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Have you ever tried Lotus Training in PvE? It’s the best way to aggro every neutral monster around (hello stun-chaining Moas!)…

Just one question: do you want to go condi because you enjoy the gameplay, or is it because you think it’s the best build (hint: it’s not)?

Daredevil vs berserker?

in Thief

Sylent.3165

Have you ever tried Lotus Training in PvE? It’s the best way to aggro every neutral monster around (hello stun-chaining Moas!)…

Just one question: do you want to go condi because you enjoy the gameplay, or is it because you think it’s the best build (hint: it’s not)?

On daredevil I found it about 500 times more fun