Daredevil will wipe the floor with deadeye

in Thief

Posted by: eagles.6380

eagles.6380

Deadeye look’s fun, a legit sniper. Its gonna be fun in wvw, super long range, super bursts etc.

BUT, in spvp? D/P teefs will wipe the floor with a deadeye. I cant see a comp with deadeye being effective against a d/p thief who is going to catch the deadeye every single time..

Eaasyyy kill.

RIP Deadeye in sPvP.

Two Strapz

in Thief

Posted by: KyorFish.5896

KyorFish.5896

except maybe a Deadeye also using D/P. not sure why everyone think you HAVE to use the rifle.

in Thief

Posted by: Amawyn.1925

Amawyn.1925

exactly what I was thinking, deadeye is better for d/p and d/d since the elite skill is more useful for both setup. Steal>C&D>backstab>elite#1>backstab>Elite#2>backstab 1111111 dead in 2 sec before anyone got time to react.

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

exactly what I was thinking, deadeye is better for d/p and d/d since the elite skill is more useful for both setup. Steal>C&D>backstab>elite#1>backstab>Elite#2>backstab 1111111 dead in 2 sec before anyone got time to react.

Except that the sneak attack cooldown, on top of backstab having close to a second cast time counting aftercasts, will mean anyone with reaction time faster than roadkill will react before the second stab. The elite looks more like a defence against herald and scrapper reveals than anything else, meaning shadow refuge etc might be a thing again.

I expect that SA/trick/DE (any set) or even SA/acro/DE (with rifle) will be a thing for a while tho. Frankly the whole spec looks trolly.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Deadeye look’s fun, a legit sniper. Its gonna be fun in wvw, super long range, super bursts etc.

It seems like you need to engage combat with your target and play with the malice stacking before unleashing the burst. Your target is likely to be all over you. Super fun.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Admittedly I’m no sPvP expert, but I think a Deadeye would have a very different role than a normal Thief. I don’t see them as solo cappers or moving around constantly, I see them as sweepers, camping the 1/4 or 3/4 position of a map, and +1ing people attacking or defending a point, picking off the most important targets. Like on Foefire, I would see a Deadeye just camping the top ridge over mid, taking potshots at people fighting in mid, taking potshots at people fighting over far or home, never coming closer than max range to either of them and just moving around in that space.

Let a more stand-up character actually cap the points and hold on to them, the Deadeye makes sure that anyone who tries to fight that person is massively debilitated and quickly dead.

Doesn’t that work?

Now yes, this means that they are at threat for being dived onto, but then what I would try to do is disengage and move to the opposite camp point, meaning they’d have to chase you through mid if they wanted to follow (which hopefully you hold), and you can just start working the opposite side. In either case, you’ve dragged them into an off-point fight, at least.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

except maybe a Deadeye also using D/P. not sure why everyone think you HAVE to use the rifle.

Deadeye d/p vs devil d/p gonna be interesting duel.

Deadeye has much better blinding powder (breakstun+stealth+knockout) and elite, so better stealth capabilities. Malice mechanic with massive boons gives insane dps, possibly better value than pulmonary impact.

Devil has more dodges, better mobility and pulmonary impact, generally better +1er.

Question is whether deadeye can insta kill any enemy when max malice stacks are reached.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

It seems like you need to engage combat with your target and play with the malice stacking before unleashing the burst. Your target is likely to be all over you. Super fun.

With malice stacking passively over time you could just sit it out in stealth even. Like you engage, get some hits in, get out, wait till your malice is topped off and go in for a full burst. Idk, there seems to be some potential but DD’s mobility and evades are definitely going to remain meta in PvP due conquest mode.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Thief

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

The thing that is going to make deadeye deadly is the fact that other classes are going to be getting boon hate, barriers, and reveal, with larger AOE’s. Really the only thing I think will be giving thieves problems will be the tether abilities on both DH and soon War.
The other change that may give some people issues will be the amount of burst condi, which I think Deadeye may be able to deal with more since they have more ways to stealth, and stay in stealth.
Both will have their uses and both will be great in different situations.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Thief

Posted by: Celestia.9128

Celestia.9128

They are handling out reveal like candies again…not gonna be fun using stealth builds.

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I think DE with D/D or D/P is gonna bring back the stealth meta. Throw Shadow Arts in and you have a formidable burster. Gonna be glassy, but stealth is most of the times better at mitigating damage than evades if you know how to use it. In a 1v1, I’ll go for a DE. Forget about the rifle. Think outside the box.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I think DE with D/D or D/P is gonna bring back the stealth meta. Throw Shadow Arts in and you have a formidable burster. Gonna be glassy, but stealth is most of the times better at mitigating damage than evades if you know how to use it. In a 1v1, I’ll go for a DE. Forget about the rifle. Think outside the box.

With all that boon Hate RS out of the SA line is also more likely to add that 10 percent damage reduction. Couple this with Resilence and you get 35 percent when stealthed so not as glassy as it would appear.

Scrapper runes added to this and we are talking some serious reduction. Best of all , none of this reduction is being gained via a boon that can be stripped or corrupted.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow Bane.9362

Shadow Bane.9362

They are handling out reveal like candies again…not gonna be fun using stealth builds.

The deadeye elite removes revealed and stealths you has 2 charges.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

pvp and rifle??? no no no reflect here i come.
d/p or even d/d or even s/d with DE who knows

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Rifle will obviously be terrible for sPvP and probably terrible for group PvE, so it will be a meme WvW weapon and maybe used for solo PvE or something? That’s a shame.

Deadeye has some neat stuff, but the fact that Steal no longer brings you to your target makes it a lot weaker for D/P. The utilities are… okay? At least some of them are, but they have some heavy competition. There’s a real possibility that Deadeye is a dud by design, just because Thief needs very specific tools to succeed in PvP and no amount of tweaking numbers will change that.

in Thief

Ohoni.6057

Rifle will obviously be terrible for sPvP and probably terrible for group PvE, so it will be a meme WvW weapon and maybe used for solo PvE or something? That’s a shame.

Deadeye has some neat stuff, but the fact that Steal no longer brings you to your target makes it a lot weaker for D/P. The utilities are… okay? At least some of them are, but they have some heavy competition. There’s a real possibility that Deadeye is a dud by design, just because Thief needs very specific tools to succeed in PvP and no amount of tweaking numbers will change that.

Why do you believe the Deadeye will be bad for group PvE? It doesn’t look ideal for highly mobile combat, but it seems like it would be good for anything where the Thief can remain reasonably stationary. The third trail line seems based around group play, passing boons to allies.

Why do you believe that Steal not teleporting you is a huge concern for D/P when they already have #3 to work with on no CD? Just on paper, it looks like Deadeye brings a lot of punishment to the Thief class, high damage attacks and debuffs.

done by now.”

in Thief

YuiRS.8129

Why do you believe the Deadeye will be bad for group PvE? It doesn’t look ideal for highly mobile combat, but it seems like it would be good for anything where the Thief can remain reasonably stationary. The third trail line seems based around group play, passing boons to allies.

Why do you believe that Steal not teleporting you is a huge concern for D/P when they already have #3 to work with on no CD? Just on paper, it looks like Deadeye brings a lot of punishment to the Thief class, high damage attacks and debuffs.

I’m saying that Rifle will probably be bad for group PvE. It looks like a burst/utility based weapon, not pure DPS like Staff. It’s also not condi based, which is the direction Anet seems to be moving towards. Deadeye itself will probably be meta in PvE because of the traits.
As for Steal and D/P, you use Steal to land pre-cased backstabs, BP+HS+backstab combo, HS+steal to quickly finish somebody off and possibly follow with autoattacks, steal+cluster bomb for a quick burst if you’re stuck in shortbow. Thief’s really only dangerous when he has Steal up because he can chain it into devastating combos, which is pretty much impossible with the new steal.

in Thief

Ohoni.6057

I’m saying that Rifle will probably be bad for group PvE. It looks like a burst/utility based weapon, not pure DPS like Staff. It’s also not condi based, which is the direction Anet seems to be moving towards. Deadeye itself will probably be meta in PvE because of the traits.

Ok, I guess we’ll see how that plays out.

As for Steal and D/P, you use Steal to land pre-cased backstabs, BP+HS+backstab combo, HS+steal to quickly finish somebody off and possibly follow with autoattacks, steal+cluster bomb for a quick burst if you’re stuck in shortbow. Thief’s really only dangerous when he has Steal up because he can chain it into devastating combos, which is pretty much impossible with the new steal.

I can see how you couldn’t use the character in the exact same way, but couldn’t players adapt to new tactics where the advantages of the Deadeye could make them equally as strong? I mean, they couldn’t do all that “teleport-combo” stuff, but the DE package seems to be based on making the Thief’s raw power against a single foe higher, so couldn’t strategies be built around marking foes, trolling them for about ten seconds, and then laying into them with significant bursts? I think it’ll come down to how the math on their abilities works out, on how much tankier you are verses marked targets, and how much more damage you can eek out.

This kind of reminds me about when Daredevils were announced and people were like “there’s no use for any of that!” because it wasn’t as built around sneaky backstabs.

done by now.”

in Thief

Urejt.5648

IF rife 4 has 1000 teleport range it can exchange shortbow and become extremly skill dependant skill for pros. Otherwise that silly 400 is completly no good.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Deadeye will be crap in pvp for 1 sole reason – reflects and projectile destroyers spam, all thanks to deadeye having 0 unblockable attacks.

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

in Thief

Posted by: Celestia.9128

Celestia.9128

With all that boon Hate RS out of the SA line is also more likely to add that 10 percent damage reduction. Couple this with Resilence and you get 35 percent when stealthed so not as glassy as it would appear.

Scrapper runes added to this and we are talking some serious reduction. Best of all , none of this reduction is being gained via a boon that can be stripped or corrupted.

I am pretty sure that damage reduction is calculated multiplicatively, otherwise, the combination of the new major adept trait – “Iron Sight”, RS and Resilience of Shadow is gonna make it a whopping 50% reduction…quite bonkers if you ask me.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I am pretty sure that damage reduction is calculated multiplicatively, otherwise, the combination of the new major adept trait – “Iron Sight”, RS and Resilience of Shadow is gonna make it a whopping 50% reduction…quite bonkers if you ask me.

Yes it multiplicative but it still some serious reduction. I have a power thief that gets the 10 percent from the DrD GM trait and when this kicks in with the food that does the same, scrapper runes and that protection goes up from Plasma consumption there a lot of mitigation.

The Consume Plasma might not be available with the new steal spec but RS can steal protection. Given the kneel on Rifle gives a 20 percen boost to Crit which is added to that from Fury, you can also likely get some decent toughness out of armor in place of precision.

It remains to be seen whether it doable and will work but I can see the spec able to be relatively tanky while staying at range without a big hit to damage output.

in Thief

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Revealed Malice: Being revealed from a stealthed state grants malice and might.
{Requires a marked target.)
Renewing Gaze: Deadeye’s Mark recharges if your mark is defeated. Gain regeneration during this recharge.
Unforgiving: Your first attack stuns if it hits a newly marked target.
Perfectionist: (8sec ICD) Gain boons when malice is at maximum stacks.
Be Quick or Be Killed: Gain quickness when marking a foe. Your power and precision are increased while under this effect.

To me this is a P/P blessing.
Throw in Deadly Arts and Critical Strikes to have a class with 25 might, 400 power and 200 precision when opening from stealth with high damage modifier and quickly unload your way to victory. Who can stop us now?

If you want to repeat the unload process you can use mercy to regain Unforgiving and Be Quick or Be Killed.
Cons: you’ll lose Regeneration from Renewing Gaze after 2 seconds

in Thief

Urejt.5648

I gave devil vs deadeye duel some thought and i cameusion that deadeye gonna easyly win this duel.

Deadeye has better elite than venom, better blind powder and ofc deadeye has much better dps thx to malice.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

I gave devil vs deadeye duel some thought and i cameusion that deadeye gonna easyly win this duel.

Deadeye has better elite than venom, better blind powder and ofc deadeye has much better dps thx to malice.

first u have to land a hit second off all thief vs thief always been who jumps who first has much higher win % seeing that deadeye sounds and looks like pretty slow clase with not so much mobility i dont see how d/p or even core thief will lose against this build.

in Thief

Urejt.5648

first u have to land a hit second off all thief vs thief always been who jumps who first has much higher win % seeing that deadeye sounds and looks like pretty slow clase with not so much mobility i dont see how d/p or even core thief will lose against this build.

mobility doesnt matter in duel dp vs dp. Deadeye has more stealth so it can nuke first.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Back when Daredevil released there a number of voices that claim it as sub-par. It was sugggested that “one extra dodge” would not amount to anything and that the GM traits were trash and meant the thief in effect lost three GM traits for special dodges.

It now deemed a required traitline.

I do not think we can make a call on Deadeye until it is played, broken down and mixed with other traitlines and weaponsets by the playerbase. One can not look at DE just for its traits and utilities. One has to look at how well they will enhance lines already there and we have yet to start that excercise.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Question for any that can answer.

Granted the tooltips might be incomplete but I am looking at snipers cover. This indicates one will get an increase in projectile velocity while kneeling along with range to 1500.

It does not state it Rifle specific. Would this suggest that pistol and SB can get range up to 1500 with this trait and that the arrow velocity out of SB will go up?

in Thief

YuiRS.8129

Granted the tooltips might be incomplete but I am looking at snipers cover. This indicates one will get an increase in projectile velocity while kneeling along with range to 1500.

It does not state it Rifle specific. Would this suggest that pistol and SB can get range up to 1500 with this trait and that the arrow velocity out of SB will go up?

Except that Kneel is a Rifle skill. So unless you can kneel, weapon swap and keep the kneel state… nope.

Daredevil ended up boosting Thief’s role as a decapper and +1 bot, so it ended up being good. Deadeye is just about damage. It’s a MUCH slower build than Daredevil with UC, and that alone reduces its chances of ever being used seriously.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Except that Kneel is a Rifle skill. So unless you can kneel, weapon swap and keep the kneel state… nope.

Daredevil ended up boosting Thief’s role as a decapper and +1 bot, so it ended up being good. Deadeye is just about damage. It’s a MUCH slower build than Daredevil with UC, and that alone reduces its chances of ever being used seriously.

Well you are talking strictly Pvp there. DE being more stealth reliant might not be suited for that mode. That all said we really do not know if anything will change mechanics wise in PVp and I really do not play that mode.

I really do not see much of a place for DE there if the role of thief remains decap with its mobility. Dependent on how all the other specs pan out the thief role might change, it really hard to say.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The deadeye elite removes revealed and stealths you has 2 charges.

just u wait and see, a few months down the road once the hype has been sold, they gonna nerf that kitten. No way they are going to allow a 5 sec cd elite that removes reavealed and adds stealth to remain in its current form, same way previous current elites are vastly different now than they were at HoT release. Its a shame though.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Urejt.5648

I suspect malice gonna increase dps so high that deadeye gonna easy one shot maruders.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

DE is way worse on D/D power than even core thief. D/D depends completely on BV to ecen remotely work.

Only D/P can benefit, but even still it’s got a lot more to gain from DrD imho unless your opponents are very poor at reapplying boons and are also nearly immobile.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

DE is way worse on D/D power than even core thief. D/D depends completely on BV to ecen remotely work.

Only D/P can benefit, but even still it’s got a lot more to gain from DrD imho unless your opponents are very poor at reapplying boons and are also nearly immobile.

D/D can use unforgiving in Lieu of BV. You will not get the unblockable but will get the stun and that stun on a lower cooldown. When this coupled with be quick or be killed you can do a whole lot of hurt on D/D coming out of stealth. You will also likely have protection up along with those other boons out of Perfectionist.

Revealed malice and its added might stacks and click of malice can kick in as well.

It will certainly be harder to set up to get all of this working at once but the reward is there.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The unblockable is the most significant part of BV for D/D. I’d actually remove all CC components from my thief as a D/D player if possible just to avoid passive proc effects which get applied on-CC.

Without BV the kit is basically worthless.

Quite frankly if you’re looking to instant-kill someone on D/D, just play signet Daredevil because it’s allowed to be tankier, it’ll be more consistent, and will deal more damage on engage than DE.

in Thief

Posted by: alohadance.5106

alohadance.5106

Maybe just maybe you should reserve your judgments for when you actually try the class in spvp.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The unblockable is the most significant part of BV for D/D. I’d actually remove all CC components from my thief as a D/D player if possible just to avoid passive proc effects which get applied on-CC.

Without BV the kit is basically worthless.

Quite frankly if you’re looking to instant-kill someone on D/D, just play signet Daredevil because it’s allowed to be tankier, it’ll be more consistent, and will deal more damage on engage than DE.

I can work around blocks. As to “signet thief” doing more damage, I do not see it, nor will it be tankier then a DE thief. DE Thief can generate both protection at 33 percent damage reduction and 15 percent from Iron sight if wished.

Added to that there at least 2 sources of might at 10 stacks each one lasting a full 15 seconds without duration. That latter one predicated on using a stolen skill which might make Improv desirable as you will get two iterations , plenty to carry you to the next steal. Getting this might does not entail burning off signets meaning you have access to utilities you use there. That said while you certainly can not take them all if you do not want iron sight , one in the chamber can also become 10 stack might source and we have no idea what those new stolen skills will be.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

One benefit of DE SHOULD be no more of those “no valid path found” on the steals. I must have seen that a dozen times today and it frustrating.

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Ctrl + F + “Nerf”

One result and not the one I was looking for.

Expect major changes cough NERFS cough to daredevil whenever deadeye comes out. Expect meta shifts that don’t favor daredevil. Expect flat out nerfs and power shifts.

If deadeye isn’t meta for at least six months I will be very surprised. And not because I think current deadeye reveal is stronger than the current meta daredevil.

in Thief

Posted by: Almighty.6423

Almighty.6423

You guys do know this is a rip off to the star wars the old republic sniper class right ?
Except the difference is atleast they get better outstanding cover (shield)

in Thief

Posted by: Korochun.5862

Korochun.5862

I can’t really see Daredevil surviving vs Deadeye in sPvP tbh. Deadeye 2-2-2 with Assassin Signet + Malice → Unload → Basilisk → Unload and GG, you just downed a Daredevil.

in Thief

YuiRS.8129

I can’t really see Daredevil surviving vs Deadeye in sPvP tbh. Deadeye 2-2-2 with Assassin Signet + Malice -> Unload -> Basilisk -> Unload and GG, you just downed a Daredevil.

That would down any glassy build unless they’ve got passive defenses. Nobody uses P/P in sPvP because it’s too glassy itself, slow, offers nothing unique and gets destroyed by projectile denial. It’s a 1-trick pony. A Daredevil will down this build in 2 Vaults as well, but so what.

in Thief

Posted by: Korochun.5862

Korochun.5862

I can’t really see Daredevil surviving vs Deadeye in sPvP tbh. Deadeye 2-2-2 with Assassin Signet + Malice -> Unload -> Basilisk -> Unload and GG, you just downed a Daredevil.

That would down any glassy build unless they’ve got passive defenses. Nobody uses P/P in sPvP because it’s too glassy itself, slow, offers nothing unique and gets destroyed by projectile denial. It’s a 1-trick pony. A Daredevil will down this build in 2 Vaults as well, but so what.

Vaults are easily telegraphed and require much more positioning. Staff is in a worse place than p/p right now.

But Hasted Unload is actually a very good source of burst at the moment. It will be even better with Be Quick or Be Killed, you can stack 15 seconds of quickness at a go (BQOBK → Haste → Mercy → BQOBK).

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Daredevil just UC→ steals into range, blinds the mark and kills the DE with three autos lol.

The follow-up and cooldown-per-cooldown favors the Daredevil pretty drastically. Not to mention it’s more useful in general given the mobility, and longbow ranger with 9s unblockable attacks is more consistent with the same kind of damage with better range.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Daredevil just UC-> steals into range, blinds the mark and kills the DE with three autos lol.

The follow-up and cooldown-per-cooldown favors the Daredevil pretty drastically. Not to mention it’s more useful in general given the mobility, and longbow ranger with 9s unblockable attacks is more consistent with the same kind of damage with better range.

You do not need to UC towards an opponent to set up the attack you indicated. A DE traited can pull off the same move. At range use steal to mark. Use the utility shadowflare on target and port to target. You have accomplished the same thing.

Not only can you trait up to do MUG damage via the Deadeye steal but you will get added damage via shadowflare prior AND this gets you 7 percent more damage per malice stack (to a max of stacks for 49 percent damage and can crit.) It certainly harder to pull off but the payback is there.

By the way the steal range on deadeyes mark is 1500. This is 300 greater then DrD steal. While there no followup port this means it will be harder to block or avoid, and you do not have to worry about porting into stacked AOE of the enemy.

Not only will steal apply all if its effects without having to port onto a DH sitting on traps or into a mass of players that will just kill you in turn, but it can work on guys on castle walls firing down at you.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

No, UC engage does matter because the UC dodge range chained with steal will be higher than Mark which if casted will subsequently miss the thief entirely. The DE then lacks escapes and its cooldowns such as its CC is higher than BD while lacking meaningful negation which the DrD can utilize.

DE is Crit Strikes v2 and CS is already weak for PvP encounters.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

No, UC engage does matter because the UC dodge range chained with steal will be higher than Mark which if casted will subsequently miss the thief entirely. The DE then lacks escapes and its cooldowns such as its CC is higher than BD while lacking meaningful negation which the DrD can utilize.

DE is Crit Strikes v2 and CS is already weak for PvP encounters.

The UC dash is 450. Steal 1200 for total range of 1650. This only 150 greater than the steal off deadeye range. no big deal really. You dash forward, I see you do that and dodge back . That dodge back is 300 units you still out of range. That dash towards me is a big tell as to what you plan to do.

You used a dodge and steal, I used a dodge and steal, and you are now marked.

As to DE lacking meaningul negation , I am not sure where you get that from. Protection and or iron sights along with more stealth is meaningfull negation. Certainly not as effective as a full dodge of damage but it there longer.

in Thief

YuiRS.8129

Vaults are easily telegraphed and require much more positioning. Staff is in a worse place than p/p right now.

But Hasted Unload is actually a very good source of burst at the moment. It will be even better with Be Quick or Be Killed, you can stack 15 seconds of quickness at a go (BQOBK -> Haste -> Mercy -> BQOBK).

Staff is worse than P/P? Well, that’s certainly a unique perspective. I just don’t see P/P being good. Projectile block/reflect makes you totally useless for the whole duration of it and there’s a lot of those in the game. Furthermore, you miss Unload 2 or 3 times and… then what? P/P does zero damage with it’s autos while staff, sword or dagger can still apply good pressure without having to spend initiative. Staff can use Vaults to move quicker and to disengage, plus it has Debilitating Arc (which I’m not good at using, but some Thieves are great at actively dodging with it). P/P has nothing.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

But Hasted Unload is actually a very good source of burst at the moment. It will be even better with Be Quick or Be Killed, you can stack 15 seconds of quickness at a go (BQOBK -> Haste -> Mercy -> BQOBK).

Staff is worse than P/P? Well, that’s certainly a unique perspective. I just don’t see P/P being good. Projectile block/reflect makes you totally useless for the whole duration of it and there’s a lot of those in the game. Furthermore, you miss Unload 2 or 3 times and… then what? P/P does zero damage with it’s autos while staff, sword or dagger can still apply good pressure without having to spend initiative. Staff can use Vaults to move quicker and to disengage, plus it has Debilitating Arc (which I’m not good at using, but some Thieves are great at actively dodging with it). P/P has nothing.

P/P is a lot better then you suggest. It has range which really helps in group fights where there all manner of AOE lying around. it has a blind ,just as staff does. it has might stacking which in fact makes the AA much more competitve with the AA of other weapon sets.( Just try the AA of p/p with 25 might stacks. It hardly zero damage).it has an interrupt which staff does not have. it has an Immob which staff does not have.

That said it still works better when used in conjunction with another set. From what I see of Pvp thief pretty well locked to SB but that a PvP issue and the way it designed and has little to do with the merits of p/p.