Dash animation pls.

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

So, at the risk of being super nitpicky..

Is there anyone else that thinks the “dash” animation of the Daredevil dodge augment would be more usable as the actual current dodge animation, just a longer range and a trail?

Animation-wise, it’s easier to combo off of the dodge animation than it is the Warrior’s greatsword Rush animation, simply due to it being a visual queue rather than a time queue.

This is not at all because I find the dash animation to be a little silly for a dodge.

..Okay maybe a little.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Haze.9075

Haze.9075

I was hoping for the dash animation to be a bit quicker and more blurred like that of Ciri from The Witcher 3 game. Other than that, I don’t mind the dashing animation.

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

also think this > < everything was very neat until the dashhhhhhhhh.

it might be that the other 2 animations were just much much kewler?

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

All 3 dodges are re-used assets. Lotus is Death blossom,Dash is Warrior Rush, and Bound is that staff skill Vault from what i can tell. It feels like a major bummer to have thief feel so lackluster in the animation.

This is also terrible game-play wise, because how do you know as someone fighting the thief, what you’re trying to dodge. Is it a vault? Is it a bound? 1 hits significantly harder than the other from what I can see.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

All 3 dodges are re-used assets. Lotus is Death blossom,Dash is Warrior Rush, and Bound is that staff skill Vault from what i can tell. It feels like a major bummer to have thief feel so lackluster in the animation.

This is also terrible game-play wise, because how do you know as someone fighting the thief, what you’re trying to dodge. Is it a vault? Is it a bound? 1 hits significantly harder than the other from what I can see.

Vault is longer animation and you keep your staff in your hands; Bound is slightly quicker with less range and you don’t have weapons while you’re using it (I believe.) That’s how you can tell, just gotta pay attention.

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Except with quickness i bet it will go half the distance because they’re “attacks” and given anet track records it will prolly be that way because it wasn’t thoroughly tested. Flanking strikes n all.

I wouldn’t be shocked if with slow you go twice as far with dash either. I still dislike the blatantly re-used assets thrown together to make daredevil.

No skin off my back all in all, since I’ll be main-ing a Rev and wont have to worry about thief life anymore but disappointing all the same.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Personally I’d prefer the animation of dagger elementalists fire number 3.
It feels more like a dash.

Dash animation pls.

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

“thief”
implying Tempest’s Dagger Storm/ Whirling Axe animation for Fire Overload, the literal /Sit emote in Water Overload, and generic channel on Air Overload are super fantastic
Earth is finally something “different”, but after you’re in the that position, you don’t…. move… it’s just stale and clunky, especially with the drop/rising effects not having… any transition, you just immediately look like that, it seems unfinished

but, i do agree, i dislike the recycled animations on thief, as well, also, the third hit of the auto attack chain on Staff is just the revenant’s staff skill 3 spin , and i really don’t like how it doesn’t flow or look…. normal… at all, it’s just thrown and levitated or something, it just looks as unfinished as the Earth Overload

i hope a lot of these animations are cleaned up across all these so called “new” things…

that said, reading the Bound dodge, next to the one hitting so much harder while using the same animation…. yea… that seems like it’s going to be pretty annoying