UN-OFFICIAL Dead-Eye Traits/Cantrips/Info

in Thief

Posted by: KyorFish.5896

KyorFish.5896

! Shadow Gust – Knocks back 5 targets around you and stealth you. if target is marked they are launched instead. damage 535 and kb/l rad is 450.

!Blinding Shadow – Imobs target after short delay, if marked target is knocked back for 3 secs and condi dur is 10% more, skill apply 2 poison and 15 vulm.

! Shadow Flare – AoE pulsing damage ( like a well ) at a location of your choosing max range 1,200, you can hit the skill again swapping you and your flares location ( free shadow step). dame is increased 7% per mark 7 marks max for 49% more damage radi is 240

! elite Shadow Meld – Removes reviled and stealth’s yourself, 2 charges allowing you to use it 2 times be four it go on a 49 sec CD

hope this is new info and that you all enjoy im working on the traits now.

EDIT>>
Wanted to keep everyone updated ( for thoss who don’t know you tube exists )

-New mechanics involved in game are the ammo/ charge system meaning some of the OG thief skills might get CD. for example the warrior kick has 2 charges be four going on CD now.
-Barrier in coming into the game this gives you a burst of extra HP that slowly drains over time. it is affected by the healing stat for the caster and the vit stat on the cast-e they can stack for MASSIVE hp boost.
-A new stat set coming into the game is the Griever set (Power, Condi, ferocity, pertsion) making a viable hybrid power/condi builds.
EDIT >>
Bog put is dead-eye footage up so you can see the skills in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOv-ZxfON7w

(edited by KyorFish.5896)

in Thief

KyorFish.5896

Traits….

Minors —-——-
Dead-Eye Mark – this replaces your steal ability, puts a mark on your target and steals an ability from them, ( its like a steal but from range and no porting ) Also all traits that effect steal affect dead-eye mark, (so interrupt, boon strip, etc) also it puts malice on your target, malice adds 3% more damage per stack every attack done to target put s a stack on for a max of 7 stacks if trait ed.
EDIT>>
so mark gives all NEW stolen ability and they can ONLY be used on your MARKED target.
-new stolen ability -Stolen Precision- grants fury and blinds for ( duration is increased by malice stacks) 2 charges be four it is used up

Rerewing Gaze ( sorry screen was blurry as hell ) – if marked target dies gain regeneration and CD on mark is shorter.( pules the cd on steal if you trait it )

Perfectionist – Gain boons while malice is at full stacks( might, vigor , regen, etc lol its a lot of boons)

Now for the main traits
First Row

-Reviled Malice – being reviled grants might and malice 3 might stacks and 1 malice stack.
-Iron Sights – Damage reduced from marked targets per malice stack ( sorry i goofed the math not sure of max reduction)
-One in the chamber -when you cast a cantrip gain one new stolen skill ( random ), Im not sure but i think with the new ammo system you can stack these to have like 5 or 6 stolen ability on reserve (MAYBE)

Row 2

-Silent Scope – so this changes your kneel skill (rifle 5) to silent scope which grants stealth, and 20% crit chance with rifle skills, and grants faster projectiles so they are harder to doge.
-Unforgiving- your first attack stuns a newly marked target for 1 sec
-Peripheral vision- stolen skills apply boons to allies and condis to enemy’s AROUND your MARKED target ( the idea i guess is you can support your allies from range)

ELITES
-Malieficent Seven- ( coolest trait name ever ) increase max malice marks possible on marked targets ( its kinda like the trait that give you more initiative ), and when a target hits max stacks it heals you for 2,500 HP
-Be quick or be Dead- gain quickness when you marks a target also give you +200 power and +200 pers
-Fire for Effect – Hitting a mark target with a stolen skill grants 10 might to allies around the target, effects up to 10 allies ( for raids??)

Anyway my work here is done i really hope its new info, and good luck my fellow Back knifers.

(edited by KyorFish.5896)

in Thief

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Wow… sounds seriously overpowered, especially for WvWvW small scale roaming (which is already badly balanced). If shadow gust and blinding shadow have shorter CD than the typical stun breaker, the marked enemy is toast. I am not claiming it will be the best 1 vs 1, but if there would be 2 dead-eyes on same target, I think that basically means that target is dead.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Wow… sounds seriously overpowered, especially for WvWvW small scale roaming (which is already badly balanced). If shadow gust and blinding shadow have shorter CD than the typical stun breaker, the marked enemy is toast. I am not claiming it will be the best 1 vs 1, but if there would be 2 dead-eyes on same target, I think that basically means that target is dead.

If WvW gets the recent pvp sigils then this trait line and kit might get crazy. We have to give up another trait line for it though if we want the cantrips and traits with other weapons still. I don’t see great synergy yet for the trade offs but as a support kit it looks like it would do better in large scale squad vs squad.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

(…), but if there would be 2 dead-eyes on same target, I think that basically means that target is dead.

if 2 of any profession are on the same target it means that target is dead.

just saying xD

in Thief

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

(…), but if there would be 2 dead-eyes on same target, I think that basically means that target is dead.

just saying xD

Exactly XD
Well I think it’s made for WvW (where it will be destroyed by DD anyways), I don’t like Deadeye at all. Imao gonna switch to smth more fun (aka any other profession except ranger or mesmer)

in Thief

Posted by: Nitron.6405

Nitron.6405

Skill screenshots from the stream:

in Thief

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

One thing I didn’t see was unblockable effects.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

inb4 nerd rage @ Shadow Meld, lul
Also love finally getting knockback/launch

sad no ricochet return still tho.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Pre Cast shadow meld> D/P> Backstab> Stay in stealth> Ninja Away>Wait for Hacking claims

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: lysico.1297

lysico.1297

so is deadeye a cond spec? pair it with D/D??

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

so is deadeye a cond spec? pair it with D/D??

it look like deadeye is condition based to you? look at those whack ass rifle abilities, they are all power dmg based. Very disappointing to not see any serious condition dmg rifle abilities.

in Thief

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I love it… I always wanted to be a sniper in gw2 Now I just have to finish my Predator

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Am I reading it wrong or the elite skill has a ridiculous cooldown and break revealed ?

The boon hate will be real with rifle + rending shade.

EDIT : I didn’t pay attention to the “ammo” mechanic on the elite…never mind

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

At first glance deadeye looks very weak from pvp perspective .

First of all it doesnt have a role. All it has is dps, but i cant imagine it can duel on point nor decap without dash.

Secondly it loses to dp daredevil.

PS

I really hope mark (F1) is unblockable and undodgable, otherwise its trash.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Kneel and Pierces mechanic kills it for me, not all people are aware of said mechanics since Toughness and Armour digit is irrelevant. Maybe i’ll wait for another Canthan theme elite spec, perhaps in February or March after we settle things at Crystal Dessert and comes back to frizzy mountains to explore them floating Sanctuaries; who knows.
It may be to early but we’ll see, hopefully those who can participate in the upcoming beta will change a lot of peoples mind.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Ehhhh, I’m all for stealth stacking for permanent stealth as it is currently, since it takes up your resources – initiative, heal, dodges, sometimes SoA.

But from the looks of it, a Deadeye can perma stealth simply by pressing 5 twice every 3 seconds – maintaining all resources. Even less if they trait Shadow Arts.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

just saying xD

Except if that target is another Thief, or Mesmer, or nike Warrior, or just about any class with Stealth (to break targeting) or great mobility to get out of range.

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Kneel and Pierces mechanic kills it for me, not all people are aware of said mechanics since Toughness and Armour digit is irrelevant. Maybe i’ll wait for another Canthan theme elite spec, perhaps in February or March after we settle things at Crystal Dessert and comes back to frizzy mountains to explore them floating Sanctuaries; who knows.
It may be to early but we’ll see, hopefully those who can participate in the upcoming beta will change a lot of peoples mind.

What are you talking about? .-. Pierce just makes it hit 5 targets in a line.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

kash.9213

Minors —-——-
Dead-Eye Mark – this replaces your steal ability, puts a mark on your target and steals an ability from them, ( its like a steal but from range and no porting ) Also all traits that effect steal affect dead-eye mark, (so interrupt, boon strip, etc)

So that includes traits like Serpent’s Touch, Mug, and Hidden Thief as well?

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Minors —-——-
Dead-Eye Mark – this replaces your steal ability, puts a mark on your target and steals an ability from them, ( its like a steal but from range and no porting ) Also all traits that effect steal affect dead-eye mark, (so interrupt, boon strip, etc)

Yes
This pic = traited steal https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/240988/DSF1.JPG

in Thief

Turk.5460

Minors —-——-

Yeah seems that way. You can see in the screenshots out that show the tooltip of steal have the added bonuses of some traits that the user slotted.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

kash.9213

Nice, that Mercy utility will be nice then if you still build around Steal.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

Timestamp this. I’m predicting a triple backstab meta. Stealth up by your favorite method say, BP>HS>Backstab>Shadow Meld>Backstab>Shadow Meld>Backstab.

in Thief

Loboling.5293

Ehhhh, I’m all for stealth stacking for permanent stealth as it is currently, since it takes up your resources – initiative, heal, dodges, sometimes SoA.

But from the looks of it, a Deadeye can perma stealth simply by pressing 5 twice every 3 seconds – maintaining all resources. Even less if they trait Shadow Arts.

There is no permanent stealth. Wooden potatoes tried it during the beta. After two casts, you end up on cooldown and dropping stealth. This was done without shadow arts though. I think it’s the same with shadow arts. You’ll need one more thing to maintain permanent stealth.

in Thief

Turk.5460

There is no permanent stealth. Wooden potatoes tried it during the beta. After two casts, you end up on cooldown and dropping stealth. This was done without shadow arts though. I think it’s the same with shadow arts. You’ll need one more thing to maintain permanent stealth.

Whooooaaaa they’re giving our rifile weapon skills cooldowns?

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Shadow Meld is the elite utility.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Loboling.5293

Only skill 5. I quite like the idea, since there is often a skill or two on a set that rarely gets used, if at all. I think having a cooldown move (kneeling), even if only 5 seconds will add some interesting play that would be missing without the cooldown.

Even though the animations look lackluster, I think I’m most excited so far for dead eye. Thief is one of my three mains since launch, and I’m really happy to get 1,500 yard range sniper spec. I don’t mind if it’s not the best in pvp or will add a new faculty to the thief (like wvw zerging, which I think it’ll be mostly bad due to reflects), but it looks like fun for open world and wvw trolling.

It’s not hard to get perma stealth on thief (I mean it takes a lot of buttons, but it doesn’t cost your build much), so I’m for sure going to try roaming with d/p + rifle and see if ganking is possible. Although I think the powercreep will keep this from being a problem for most professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Maybe elite specialization is not for everyone else; we shall see.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Turk.5460

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

KyorFish.5896

these use the new ammo/ charge system they have 2 charges then go on CD so you cant spam them.

in Thief

Turk.5460

these use the new ammo/ charge system they have 2 charges then go on CD so you cant spam them.

I dunno how to feel about that, kinda works against the initiative system. Do you think 2, 3, and 4 are also going to have cooldowns?

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

KyorFish.5896

I dunno how to feel about that, kinda works against the initiative system. Do you think 2, 3, and 4 are also going to have cooldowns?

only rifle 5 has a CD- and its only so you cant perma stealth.

in Thief

Turk.5460

Ok then. That sounds pretty fair, especially since that was my concern – a potential free perma-stealth just from 3 initiative. Glad that’s not the case!

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I note the utilities off the Rifle all tend to have activation times that are higher then is normal on a thief. As well a target will KNOW when he is marked which in effect an added “tell” that s/he can react to.

While live playtesting needed to see how this all works out, I am thinking that this combination addresses many of the “it OP” concerns. Yes a thief at extreme range can load on a world of hurt with seeming impunity BUT there will be counters. (Was there any indication that marking one target would override one that might have been marked earlier?)

It does appear to be a more “static” type build than I favor as a thief but I will certainly give it a try. Initial impressions are that it will play much more differently when compared to core than DrD does when compared to core. From what I see as well , this might mesh very nicely with SA line with RS. Trickery line might be less needed.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

kash.9213

I note the utilities off the Rifle all tend to have activation times that are higher then is normal on a thief. As well a target will KNOW when he is marked which in effect an added “tell” that s/he can react to.

While live playtesting needed to see how this all works out, I am thinking that this combination addresses many of the “it OP” concerns. Yes a thief at extreme range can load on a world of hurt with seeming impunity BUT there will be counters. (Was there any indication that marking one target would override one that might have been marked earlier?)

It does appear to be a more “static” type build than I favor as a thief but I will certainly give it a try. Initial impressions are that it will play much more differently when compared to core than DrD does when compared to core. From what I see as well , this might mesh very nicely with SA line with RS. Trickery line might be less needed.

There’s a couple of blinks though and some good crowd control and even the kneel skills don’t lock you in, you just give up the extra damage if you stand up. This looks more like a post up and shoot or control and move, doesn’t seem much of a stretch from dueling pace and movement with d/p or s/d maybe. It looks like it hits a lot of the same beats as my SA build. I’m sure we’ll want to Kneel for big payoffs though and that’s going to be intense timing, will be like playing chicken with a train in wvw squad play.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I am starting to get a bit more hyped about this. I hvae much more interest in theorycrafting then just finding the one build to rule them all and I start to see potential.

As example the Stealth Attack from the rifle converts 2 boons into conditions. RS in SA outright steals two boons. Which has priority? Ripping two boons and converting two more into conditions with one attack might be interesting.

How well will new steal work with Improv. ? Doubling up on stolen skills that are only usable in melee might be counterproductive yet at the same time a steal off a fellow thief is promising.

What happens when a “marked target” stealths? Is the lock maintained? It would be nice that if a marked target stealthed , you could maintain targetting on it through that stealth even if you might not be able to attack it.

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

I am starting to get a bit more hyped about this. I hvae much more interest in theorycrafting then just finding the one build to rule them all and I start to see potential.

As example the Stealth Attack from the rifle converts 2 boons into conditions. RS in SA outright steals two boons. Which has priority? Ripping two boons and converting two more into conditions with one attack might be interesting.

How well will new steal work with Improv. ? Doubling up on stolen skills that are only usable in melee might be counterproductive yet at the same time a steal off a fellow thief is promising.

What happens when a “marked target” stealths? Is the lock maintained? It would be nice that if a marked target stealthed , you could maintain targetting on it through that stealth even if you might not be able to attack it.

They said with deadeye we get new stolen abilities completely so I’m assuming they will be ranged and we have no idea yet what they are

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in Thief

babazhook.6805

They said with deadeye we get new stolen abilities completely so I’m assuming they will be ranged and we have no idea yet what they are

Ah thanks for that. Even more interesting.

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

1500 range, I knew it! The prediction I made was close to the real deal.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Snipe-mechanic-prediction/first#post6583801

Anet developers sure love their thieves.

in Thief

Turk.5460

Anet developers sure love their thieves.

Haha, I see the same thing on every profession forum:

“Anet developers sure love the X profession!”

“X profession is Anet’s red-headed stepchild, they don’t care about us!”

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

!
-Also they are changing how all Signets work in the game so this will affect all thief builds old and new.

I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere. Do you have any details on what they plan to change? or a source for the speculation?

in Thief

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

!
-Also they are changing how all Signets work in the game so this will affect all thief builds old and new.

I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere. Do you have any details on what they plan to change? or a source for the speculation?

Only thing I’ve seen on it was in WoodenPotatoes post-show where he mentioned that the Spite line and signets for Necromancer were being reworked, as Reaper was having Deathly Chill changed to be come a Power trait.

I guess people took that to mean all signets everywhere.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Thief

KyorFish.5896

!

Only thing I’ve seen on it was in WoodenPotatoes post-show where he mentioned that the Spite line and signets for Necromancer were being reworked, as Reaper was having Deathly Chill changed to be come a Power trait.

I guess people took that to mean all signets everywhere.

Your right i am sorry i got my info mixed i fixed it and deleted that part ( sorry everyone )

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

We know at least one:
deal 200 dmg
blind 6s
fury 6s
1500range

are u god of pvp yet?

I predict rifle gonna be weak in pvp and ppl gonna play devil dp mostly.

Rifle is not that good in pvp because it is slightly better pistol. it is immobile and enemies can easily hide behind cover. So iam interested how sword gonna work with deadeye.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)