Deadeye Demo Weekend Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

This thread is to hold feedback from the demo weekend for Deadeye.

in Thief

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

feedback 1 : DEs move too slow !

feedback 2 : DEs attack too slow !

feedback 3 : Oh man ! my first DJ shot myself to death !

feedback 4 : Hey are u kidding me ? a holosmith one shot killed me with her rifle !

feedback 5 : Aww…why 1500 range is so close ?

feedback 6 : Wow the mirage is Awsome !

(edited by Andrew.6487)

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Did it start already?

in Thief

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I am so hyped for this. Playing a hidden long-range burst role (a.k.a. sniper) is something I love love love.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I am kind of hoping it will be viable against many players. Clearly not a DD 1v4, but I would satisfied if I can pull 1v3 1v2.
It seems to me, D/D will go well with the trait.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Ok, I need this because I’m trapped at work.

I need confirmed traits and utilities screenshots. I need stolen skill info for new mechanic. I also need Predator, donations of wood accepted :p

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

- Deaths Judgment – having a second delay and a line of fire to the target makes it way to easy for people to dodge this attack in 1 v 1.

- Malice – It’s annoying that this stuff clears as soon as you kill a target, can you do something else like have 1 stack removed for each second that you don’t have a mark?

- Deadeyes Mark – In the heat of battle it’s too easy to not mark someone, kind of feel it should activate on the target for malice generation and F1 should be to steal an ability.

- When we are prone as an asura we still shoot from the hip? come on guys…

- Can we at least get one knock back skill when prone, give it ammo so we can’t spam it.

- 1500 range for some reason doesn’t feel far enough, it’s only really good when you +1 because opponents are distracted.

- Can you sex up the animations a bit?

Overall impression –
Because all of the skills were just shooting from distance it literally just felt like none of them added any value to what I was doing, it was just another way of generating damage from range when prone, it’s boring. The skills when prone need more flavor.

I really enjoyed trying to find locations to snipe from but that’s about it. At the moment it feels way to one dimensional.

I also expected the traits to have more to do with using guns, you even have pictures with pistols on them but none of the traits have any impact on the pistol weapon set which is kitten poor from a lore perspective and super disappointing. I literally wanted to be a master of pew pew.

I hope my feedback helps.

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

- Using a mark with P/P is giving a 10k unload… yikes!
- Rifle skills don’t appear to be reflected.

in Thief

Posted by: Machina.2489

Machina.2489

Came here to leave my feedback

feedback 6 : Wow the mirage is Awsome !

Best feedback

in Thief

Posted by: mushweed.4370

mushweed.4370

Looking for a spot, press F1, press 5, and sleep… Sometimes press a button….

I was never happy about that sniper-idea, and i don’t like the gameplay….

The traits may be nice with pistol or so, but it is a lame, one-dimensional, non active gameplay…

in Thief

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

No mobility, way too slow, underwhelming skills. Looks like I can save the $80 and buy beer.

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

My preliminary feedback is as follows:

- Projectiles are way too slow and should be as fast or faster than Ranger Longbow arrows. At 1200+ range, projectiles can be sidestepped.
- Please make Deadeye’s Mark cast faster, 1/4 or 1/8 second. Currently, this feels clunky to use and doesnt provide the synergy for Sleight of Hand’s daze or Bountiful Theft, as we cannot use it to daze or boonsteal at the right moment.
- Death’s Retreat is a nice skill, however as a shadowstep it suffers from any terrain differencies. This would be very nice if it was a backwards roll.

in Thief

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

Some general thoughts. will expand later
-Kneeling. This skill needs to cancel after you dodge.
- the stealth on Sniper cover should be permanent until revealed, canceled, or attacked. This will DE more escape options, and the fact that we are locked in place should be enough to balance it out.
-Kneeling should not have a cast time. This makes the skill feel slow and ruins the flow.
-increase the distance and damage of rifle attacks while kneeling
-Have deadeye mark half your malice count instead of dropping it completely when you recast/ kill a target.

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Dead Eye is not a 1v1 trait line. The new mark does not compare to steal at all. It has a cast time, it does not shadow step you, the new skills are designed to buff you and weaken the target so that you can do it from ranged. Makes sense, I know, but it pretty much forces you into rifle.

With daredevil, it wasn’t the most innovative change to a profession mechanic - in fact, there was no change, the profession mechanic was a trait choice to change your dodge as opposed to one that became integrated into your existing mechanic like other classes got. However, you at least got to choose what weapon set you wanted with it, because all felt workable.

With Dead Eye, it’s too much designed toward the use of the rifle. It’s nice to have a profession mechanic change, but it feels as though there is no freedom. If you want to melee, you have better options in Daredevil and core.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

guys… we only got what “we” asked for… for years thieves have been asking for rifle.
I always thought it was a bad idea, clearly it was, so now live with it…

Even Anet is not confortable with it and you can tell by the guild chat specialization presentation. with other professions they show the skills on the golems and fighting class NPC’s, with thief they ONLY shown the abilities on golems, if you asked me they were afraid of losing to the npc’s wile in live stream, imagine how embarrassing that would be! LoL

It looks slow, static and boring to me, i’m only interested and finding out whats the viability of the trate line with diferent sets of weapons, using rifle in PvP is unthinkable.

Even in fractals, you need to be constantly on the move and dodging, it is impossible to use a rifle there too…

in wvwvw it might have some potential if your defending….

disappointed? yes!
surprised? not really…

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

I will update this as I find more. Some may overlap with what others may have already suggested.

• Base auto-attack feels very slow and weak with low damage and aftercast. It’s pistol all over again.
  • Cursed bullet projectile speed is EXTREMELY slow…like laughably slow.
  • Death’s Judgement indication is over the top, especially considering the mark mechanic is already there and the cast time is long enough for anyone decent to react.
  • Stolen items expiring when mark expires or enemy dies is completely unnecessary.
  • The requirement to re-stack full malice stacks every time the mark expires or enemy dies makes the gameplay feel VERY slow. Make it a diminishing over duration mechanic. Eg: lose 2 immediately upon expiration/death if traited with Maleficent Seven, and then lose 1/s until re-cast, or lose 1/s upon expiration/death if not traited until re-cast. This still ensures you have to re-stack it all if you’re not traited into Trickery.
  • Malice stacks VERY slowly. This needs to be addressed. Thief is not a class that’s built for this type of slow gameplay.
  • Damage from steal abilities are underwhelming to say the least. This does not help the situation considering how weak some of them are compared to a lot of core stolen abilities.
  • Malicious Restoration – 30s cd on heal, as predicted, feels way too long because of the lack of a trait to reduce Cantrip cd. Add a 20% reduction to Cantrips effect to One in the Chamber.
  • Renewing Gaze regeneration is underwhelming to say the least. Just make it a straight heal with a little over 1500 heal at 0 Healing Power.
  • Add a hotkey to quick swap to your Marked target (if you have a Marked target), similar to Call Target hotkey. Sometimes you don’t want to be using Call Target on the enemy you Marked.
  • Death’s Retreat should have a minor evade frame (eg: 1/2s evade) or have its cast-time completely removed.
  • Movement keys should automatically trigger Kneel cancellation.
  • Attack range while not kneeling should be 1500, and 1800 while kneeling. There’s more than enough mobility on every single class to just out-range you the instant they see you kneeling and wasting your ammunition charges.
  • Mark should be not be forced to have a LoS. It just screams bad compared to Steal.
  • Mark expiry should have a sound indication.
  • Malice does not impact the usage of condis in any shape or form. Only those condis applied by skills from DE spec are affected. This does not help the condi D/D specs at all.
  • I see way too many “obstructed” when kneeling because the level of shot is decreased even further than normal.

After fooling around with it for the entire day yesterday, in addition to the above, I’ve come to the conclusion that:

• Kneel needs to be completely replaced by Sniper’s Cover because there’s literally never a situation that you don’t want that in. Doing so opens up the ability to introduce a new trait that helps the entire espec not be so rifle centric. Furthermore, I feel like the initiative cost for Sniper’s Cover should be reduced to 2 – it is not like people can spam it anyway due to the ammunition system acting like a cd.
  • Death’s Judgement needs to have its cost lowered to 5.
  • Death’s Retreat needs to have its cost lowered to 4 or remove 2 conditions instead of 1 at its current cost.
  • Double Tap & Three Round Burst needs to have a similar initiative return mechanic as Unload or have their costs reduced to 3.
  • Skirmisher’s Shot & Spotter’s Shot needs increased damage.
  • Auto attacks need pierce.
  • Shadow Gust’s damage should be higher.
  • Mercy traited with One in the Chamber does nothing because stolen skills disappear the instant Marks wear off. Fix that. Stolen skills should apply their buffs regardless of target, and only apply their conditions and damage if they hit the target.
  • Unforgiving should also make your first hit on your marked target unblockable.
  • Shadow Flare damage is VERY underwhelming even with maximum Malice stacks. Cast time should also be reduced to 1/2.
  • Stolen skills are way too random and weak. Currently, I’ve found myself simply using them once I have enough stacks without even caring what I have because they are so underwhelming in their effect.
  • Fire for Effect needs a larger than 240 range AoE if it wants to have any chance of competing with PS warriors in regards to might sharing – I have serious doubts about it being able to do so because of everything else PS warriors bring.
  • Similar to Fire for Effect, Peripheral Vision needs an AoE range increase. It also suffers from the problem of random stolen abilities.
  • Iron Sight needs to be at least 20% else it will barely, if ever, see any play.
  • One in the Chamber, along with the previous suggested changes needs to automatically use your current stolen ability instead of overwriting it.

That’s all I got. Back to Daredevil on my actual account now.

PS: Preliminarily tests show Deadeye rifle DPS is lower than P/P. Yes, it’s THAT bad.

(edited by Asur.9178)

in Thief

Posted by: SkyFurY.6057

SkyFurY.6057

New spec feels rlly nice with s/d, rifle —> sb ( if moving orbigger groups )

Although i would change these things :

- rifle skill #1 needs to pierce
- make projectiles faster ( kneel and not kneel )
-1750 range while kneel 1500 while not ( should have an advaantage vs longbows since u are static target )
- make kneel range indicator more visible ( mby add a slider ? )
- using WASD while kneel will automatic cancel kneel
- reduce cd of cantrips ( rlly underwealming )

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

- autoattack feels too slow.
-initiative cots are too high for a too small reward.
-kneeling should be fully replaced with sniper’s cover, not traited.
-no initiative cost’s for kneeling
-deadeye needs a rifle option for an unblockable attack.
-all cd’s of cantrips are just hilarious
-malice builds up way too slow, even if you are attacking.
-not keeping your stolen skill and a full reset of malice after your target is dead is really underwhelming

compared to daredevil, which is better at every aspect, deadeye is just as expected. disappointing.

in Thief

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

guys… we only got what “we” asked for… for years thieves have been asking for rifle.
I always thought it was a bad idea, clearly it was, so now live with it…

Even Anet is not confortable with it and you can tell by the guild chat specialization presentation. with other professions they show the skills on the golems and fighting class NPC’s, with thief they ONLY shown the abilities on golems, if you asked me they were afraid of losing to the npc’s wile in live stream, imagine how embarrassing that would be! LoL

It looks slow, static and boring to me, i’m only interested and finding out whats the viability of the trate line with diferent sets of weapons, using rifle in PvP is unthinkable.

Even in fractals, you need to be constantly on the move and dodging, it is impossible to use a rifle there too…

in wvwvw it might have some potential if your defending….

disappointed? yes!
surprised? not really…

dunno about you but i thought it was a bad idea too, i’ve been asking for a long bow or at least changes to the way short bow works. I think short bow for thieves should be closer to what the shortbow for renegade does right now.

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Here’s an idea:
1. Revert Mark to have the same functionality as Steal, such that it retains its shadow step and acquires the same stolen skills, and
2. Upon taking the Dead Eye elite spec, Steal gains the marking and malice functionality, such that it marks your target and allows you to stack malice, but does not alter remove anything that is already there (shadow step and current stolen items), then...
3. Sniper’s Cover trait is a clear choice for rifle users and those wanting to built toward the sniper style. Add the effect to make steal no longer shadow step you, and instead steal buffs instead of "items."

Boom. It’s viable for all weapon sets, not just rifle, as it should be.

Edit: Edited for clarification. Also, I am one that did not want rifle as a weapon, but I was optimistic. It seems alright for those that want to snipe, but as I said before, Dead Eye only really works for rifle. It’s for ranged damage and short bow isn’t a long ranged weapon, and quite often better used closer to melee range. I wanted off-hand sword or something involving "shadow magic." Rifle came with Shadow magic but... No. It was not what I imagined and does not fit the theme at all. A gun couldn’t be further from mage-like.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Here’s an idea:
1. Revert Mark to have the same functionality as Steal initially. It retains its shadow step and acquires the same stolen skills.
2. With the Dead Eye elite spec, add the marking and malice functionality to steal. i.e. make it mark, and allow you to stack malice, but don’t change what is already there.
3. Sniper’s Cover trait is a clear choice for rifle users and those wanting to built toward the sniper style. Add the effect to make steal no longer shadow step you, and instead steal buffs instead of “items.”

Boom. It’s viable for all weapon sets, not just rifle, as it should be.

tbh, any weapon is more viable than rifle atm.

in Thief

Posted by: TheTaffer.8761

TheTaffer.8761

After a quick play around I feel there is a few things that need addressing.

1. The cast time on mark is too long (as others have said) as it give your unsuspecting target a good 1s to react, run away ect. before you’ve even fired a shot.

2. Kneel feels incredibly clunky it ether needs to auto-break on moving (without the condi removing of using the skill) or a re-work as turning one of the most active defensive class into a sitting duck is never going to end well.

3. Possibly an increase to projectile speed? having players side step my attacks (not even dodge) is very demoralising.

4. The stolen skills disappear when your mark dies or is re-cast makes little sense? It forces you to use the skill immediately as opposed to saving it for the best moment as it could disappear without warning.

But apart from that the deadeye was feeling quite nice and powerful. The damage feels good and powerful when it lands but I was only really able to shine when my targets where otherwise engaged in combat with others so they did not notice me and simple walk to the left and render me useless.

(edited by TheTaffer.8761)

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Heres some that I have so far

1. Mark needs to be instant, you lose the interesting “plays” in example steal enemy when ressing your teammate, or steal when you are stomping, I consider these plays interesting and you kill the possibility with having a cast, you already have a trade off and that is the fact you do not port to your target so people can LoS steal now.
2. All the stolen skills are really undertuned and needs heavy buffs.
3. Snipe #5 feels incredibly clunky, I want it to be more smooth and be able to leave the stance by wasd instead of having to #5 again.
4. Malice bar is not so clear graphic wise to see, same goes for the stolen abilities, all have the same dark tone of graphics and is hard to tell the difference between them, compare them to core thief ones you can tell really quickly what stolen ability is which due to the color difference in all of them
5. Malice does not get applied quicker if you attack with anything but rifle
6. The #4 on rifle standing up needs to act like phase retreat, remove the cast time it’s dumb and makes about face really clunky and 5 initiative for condi remove is a very high cost
7. Resetting Steal(Deadeyes mark) with mercy makes you lose your stolen abilities, intended or not? Bad if its intended. Same goes for if target dies, should not be like this IMO.
8. Autoattack is also damagewise worse then ranger #1 and engi rifle #1 when standing up. I also feel most of the attacks feel slow and clunky somewhat.
9. Deadeye heal CD and cast too long IMO
10. Improvisation seems to be resetting VERY little so I’m unsure if anet coded it so it ignores daredevil utilities even if you do not have them
11. Need to be able to steal without a target so you can get stealth from Shadow Arts traits/trickery buffs etc

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

(edited by bluri.2653)

in Thief

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m not much into sniping so I didn’t look into that so far. But am I seriously the only one interested in the amount of Might and other boons Deadeye can provide regardless of weapon choice?

Sure… it’s not unique. But it certainly is something Thieves couldn’t do before.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

I’m not much into sniping so I didn’t look into that so far. But am I seriously the only one interested in the amount of Might and other boons Deadeye can provide regardless of weapon choice?

Sure… it’s not unique. But it certainly is something Thieves couldn’t do before.

Which every other class can do better and/or more reliable.

in Thief

Posted by: Miasmus.2364

Miasmus.2364

Deadeye seems rushed! Incomplete, broken design…

I “might” write a complete feedback post after beta, but i dont believe Anet eager to make massive changes on Deadeye. Because Deadeye requires MASSIVE OVERHAUL!

So i will follow the forum untill beta ends, if Anet asks our feedback/help/ideas, i will…

in Thief

Warrost.4895

I “might” write a complete feedback post after beta, but i dont believe Anet eager to make massive changes on Deadeye. Because Deadeye requires MASSIVE OVERHAUL!

So i will follow the forum untill beta ends, if Anet asks our feedback/help/ideas, i will…

They even ignore most problems classes have since day 1. I doubt they will change something major on deadeye, and surely not asking for help.
“Take it” “you don’t like? we don’t care”

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Who here even wanted another glass build? I’ve been wanting to use sword/sword since launch and be up front and survive by being a boss. Hiding in the back or in shadows is what bores me on thief, I mean I don’t mind the quick stealth and reposition but watching d/p thief reset fights is boring and now they want us to shoot from the backline?

Might try Deadeye out at launch but for gimmicks like p/p power thief. The glass cannon mold is old, we have too many variations of it.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Miasmus.2364

Miasmus.2364

They even ignore most problems classes have since day 1. I doubt they will change something major on deadeye, and surely not asking for help.

Thats why i didnt write a feedback at first. Why should i waste my time on feedback, while game devs doesnt want to “waste” their time on major overhaul?

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Thats why i didnt write a feedback at first. Why should i waste my time on feedback, while game devs doesnt want to “waste” their time on major overhaul?

that’s what World of Warcraft is good at. Or Dota 2. Or nearly any other MMO. They have a real balance team, and they very often release balance patches.
In guild wars…There is not even a dedicated team for that.
Even loudly complaining doesn’t help. Just look at engineers turrets. They alway were and always be useless garbage.
Right now deadeye feels like scrapper. Rushed out, clunky, and I predict, devs will drop it at the day of release.

(edited by Warrost.4895)

in Thief

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Idk why people are complaining. You literally asked for years for a “sniper” . what exactly did you expect if you gave the most mobile proffesion a “sniper”?
We got most of this forum to thank for this.

in Thief

Asur.9178

Idk why people are complaining. You literally asked for years for “sniper” for years, what exactly did you expect if you gave the most mobile proffesion a “sniper”. We got most of this forum to thank for this.

People who asked for Rifle are not the ones complaining.

Thief, as a class, never needed any kind of a joke like Rifle or Longbow.

Having said that, instead of whining and living in the past, the most you can do to improve the situation is give proper feedback in the hopes that they will listen and address the major problems.

in Thief

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Which every other class can do better and/or more reliable.

Yeah… sure… not. First, this simply isn’t even remotely true. There are some classes which are good at providing specific boons. Others certainly aren’t. Second, Thief wasn’t good at it before but now can be when not going down the sniper route.

But I guess it is easier to see the bad if other stuff with potential doesn’t float ones boat, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Immediate thing I noticed that’d I would like added is the ability to Cancel Kneel by pressing jump/spacebar~ other games I’ve played with a kneel function allow that. It’d make life much easier/smoother.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

-Deadeye’s Mark needs to be able to be activated without a target just like steal, so that it grants movements and other buffs.

- Rifle #4 doesn’t feel smooth enough, i cannot use it while i am moving, sometimes i port in place.

- The Malice points need to be more visible above the health bar. too dark.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Volrath.1473

Idk why people are complaining. You literally asked for years for “sniper” for years, what exactly did you expect if you gave the most mobile proffesion a “sniper”. We got most of this forum to thank for this.

Having said that, instead of whining and living in the past, the most you can do to improve the situation is give proper feedback in the hopes that they will listen and address the major problems.

Well, ill just stick with the spec i’m running right now and hf destroying the few of you that dare enter an arena with a rifle xD

Shadow Step > Steal (interrupt) > Stomp

aw good times ahead!

in Thief

Posted by: TastyTofu.3597

TastyTofu.3597

Malice shouldn’t decay after 25 seconds. If you want to hold max malice on one target you should be able to. If you want to switch that’s fine, but having periods of “oh well back to zero malice” really sucks for a class like thief.

in Thief

Posted by: BoX Legend.4027

BoX Legend.4027

New spec feels rlly nice with s/d, rifle —> sb ( if moving orbigger groups )

Although i would change these things :

- rifle skill #1 needs to pierce
- make projectiles faster ( kneel and not kneel )
-1750 range while kneel 1500 while not ( should have an advaantage vs longbows since u are static target )
- make kneel range indicator more visible ( mby add a slider ? )
- using WASD while kneel will automatic cancel kneel
- reduce cd of cantrips ( rlly underwealming )

I don’t agree with many here, or others on the forums saying this spec is trash. I have the same mobility as core thief in Deadeye; however these are all issues. NONE of the cantrips save the elite (which btw is just called a cantrip because reasons) have any use that isn’t already provided. Why does Mercy stun break? What? The stun break should be on Shadow Gust. The WASD thing should be a thing, and now would be the time to make that change before people get used to having to click the skill again. I would at least like to see how that feels before deciding I need to hit the same key twice. Make the range just an even 1800, it’s laughable right now unfortunately. 1500 just isn’t enough to justify locking yourself in place, especially a thief of all classes. With more range, I would use the skill much more often. 1 should pierce, and stealth 1 should speed up. WTF is with that skill? It’s crazy slow. I get that the idea is to have the enemy see it and dodge, but it just isn’t worth it. It’s very hard to see the kneel indicator, and with 1500 range I don’t see the point. More range, and increase its opacity. Quicker projectile speed, especially if you increase the range. Malice should build faster, I think the idea of having it slowly dwindle is not what the spec is. If the build increase speed was up by 50% by default, on top of another 50% from Maleficent Seven I think it would be possible for me to fire the four before either ending a fight or dying. Seriously, I’m a thief! I am no tank.

(edited by BoX Legend.4027)

in Thief

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Not whining at all. Since the leak of thief getting rifle I have had zero interest. Rifle is up there with pistol in the most boring weapons in game. All shooting animations look virtually the same. I am just indifferent and will likely not play this new elite spec. And, nothing to do with me living in the past, just moving on.

in Thief

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Its decent with p/p and stealth

Bad Elementalist

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Deadeye is a fantastic allrounder if traited properly! Key is to spec hybrid by going Shadow Arts (with standard Trickery), and build into stealth. The sustain you get from all your stealth sources through rifle 5, utilities, elite, and F1 is plenty enough to keep you moving around and surviving with Maleficient Seven GM (more selfheal). Be quick or be dead GM is good too, but can be much more random in case you dont land it, but you need every bit of sustain you can get to prolong the fight if needed.

One thing Im torn about is rifle 5 kneel, if we should be able to move around at much slower speed, as being stuck and having to dodge roll is new, but who knows..

Lastly, PLEASE CONSIDER making so that Skirmishers shot (rifle 2) doesnt require a target to trigger swiftness boon. This is a major quality of life change and I cant stress it enough how big it would be for us as roamers to get!!! Without it we have no swiftness upkeep inbetween A and B.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As expected, lol.

in Thief

Volrath.1473

Deadeye is a fantastic allrounder if traited properly! Key is to spec hybrid by going Shadow Arts (with standard Trickery), and build into stealth. The sustain you get from all your stealth sources through rifle 5, utilities, elite, and F1 is plenty enough to keep you moving around and surviving with Maleficient Seven GM (more selfheal). Be quick or be dead GM is good too, but can be much more random in case you dont land it, but you need every bit of sustain you can get to prolong the fight if needed.

One thing Im torn about is rifle 5 kneel, if we should be able to move around at much slower speed, as being stuck and having to dodge roll is new, but who knows..

Lastly, PLEASE CONSIDER making so that Skirmishers shot (rifle 2) doesnt require a target to trigger swiftness boon. This is a major quality of life change and I cant stress it enough how big it would be for us as roamers to get!!! Without it we have no swiftness upkeep inbetween A and B.

why would you move from A to B? you cant hold/contest a point just sit in stealth in a corner of the map and let do the work.

aw yeah you can shoot ppl to if you feel like giving up your location and give free points to the enemy team! \m/

in Thief

Posted by: BoX Legend.4027

BoX Legend.4027

The 4 needs a bit of love, or needs a tooltip rewrite. It does not shadowstep you backward, which I would love, it shadowsteps you away from your target. Using this to gap close in a fight is awful; I have to drop the target, about face, then 4. Also, the 2 should be reworked. It feels bland, and I don’t know why thief should get a constant source of fury. As I and many others have said, a bit more range on the kneel and out of kneel positions. It is too short for the lack of mobility, most gap closers are 1200. The moment someone wants to kill me, I’m dead.

in Thief

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

1. not enough aoe skill #1 should be like shortbow with 3-4 target. bounce and pierce.
2. deadeye mark should be a trait and automatic apply and have old steal ability back.
3. rifle speed is too slow
4. damage without kneel is too low even my old p/p thief can do more damage than rifle kneel except #4
5. cant get any swiftness without targeting someone
6 cant get out of kneel by moving forward backward

(edited by Limodriver.4106)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

why would you move from A to B? you cant hold/contest a point just sit in stealth in a corner of the map and let do the work.

aw yeah you can shoot ppl to if you feel like giving up your location and give free points to the enemy team! \m/

It’s kind of like people who kept demanding a stealth sniper had no idea of the implications the concept has on the game and the identity of the thief.

Unfortunately, time and time again,with what we see from implementation in-game, we can certainly verify that neither does ANet.

in Thief

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i love the sniper (yes, i call it a sniper), the only issue i have is the high cost without any trait to lower the costs.

in Thief

nacario.9417

Obviously its not a on point holder, more like how the power ranger was or is with sticking between either home or far to support mid, from range. Not a meta spec, but its a fun one. It certainly will cause a lot of frustration as ppl expect thieves to roam decap, but it’s gonna be hard with rifle/x – so it’s gonna trigger the triggered more easily

Power Ranger PvP

in Thief

Asur.9178

It’s kind of like people who kept demanding a stealth sniper had no idea of the implications the concept has on the game and the identity of the thief.

Unfortunately, time and time again,with what we see from implementation in-game, we can certainly verify that neither does ANet.

You should give it a rest already. Why do you keep coming back even though you’re done with thief?

in Thief

nacario.9417

You should give it a rest already. Why do you keep coming back even though you’re done with thief?

Just someone who couldnt afford the predator

Power Ranger PvP