Deadeye Demo Weekend Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

I think Deadeye is pretty fun for what it is. It’s like I expected and does what it’s meant to do, and I feel the spec is extremely good with SA, but I do have a few issues with it that I hope get addressed.

1. Kneeling is too slow/feels clunky. Should be able to cancel it with WASD or at least give us a good sign that you’re kneeling, like the rifle 5 icon changing color or a ground indicator or something.
2. Stolen skills are very boring/weak, and I hate that they disappear after the mark is dead. I mean, I kinda understand why they do… but I don’t like it.
3. Most of the cantrips outside of the elite feel very underwhelming.
4. Malice needs to scale with other weapons besides rifle.
5. Deadeye mark should be instant cast.

Overall it’s alright and I like we’ll have something different, but I don’t see playing this over Daredevil in the long run the way it is now.

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I dont like f2 disappears when mark is recharged (by mark’s death for ex.).

I dont like very long charge time for malice. I suggest u make it 2% dmg and charge two times faster, or 1% dmg and fully charge in 7 seconds.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

My take on DE:

-A one trick pony. Ranged damage and that’s it. Compared with Holomancer, which has the total package…melee, ranged, aoe damage…and it falls far short.

I came into the weekend expecting to make Deadeye my main for the expac. I left the weekend looking forward to playing Holomancer.

Well of course everyone is going to play the overtuned class with faceroll abilities. People generally enjoy being stronger with less effort. Doesn’t mean all the other classes are terrible though when one is just too overpowered.

Totally disagree with this point, I also came away wanting to play Holosmith and it had nothing to do with the numbers. It was enjoyable to play, the skills all worked off of the new mechanics and meshed together beautifully.

With Deadeye, Cantrips brings nothing special or even fun to the table; they don’t feel connected to the malice mechanic which is actually just a damage modifier. Furthermore Malice stacks too slow and is removed when switching targets, it’s like stacking might but it just doesn’t work as well.

Malice should influence the effectiveness of Cantrips and core rifle skills in more ways than just damage. Make it fire more bullets, or shots explode on impact, or bounce. Get rid of prone and make Malice actually do something!!!!

I mean Skill 5 to go prone is totally not needed, you could easily just make that Deaths Judgment and leave the skill 4 as the dodge, which for me was the best skill Deadeye had.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i like a lot the idea a sniper. in pvp i mean.
the group who fell to target the thief got snipe. so you have to be aware always.
i use a support role with lots of aoe blocks and self block to control the fight and help ny team.
for me as former thief i could easily target them and use aoe on the stelath spot. which make the thief shadow step away.
so it was more tactical game than bursty game versus them

sure few killed me when i was off cd or unaware. which is ok.
d/p will still be tha main weapon choise. dont worry
p/p is nice also as sustain dmg in group fight and +1

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

My feedback:

1) The Mark should be insta-cast. I personally dont see how it’d be ‘gamebreaking’ or ‘specifically advantageous’ if it were made insta-cast. Steal is already instant and does everything Deadeye’s Mark can do, literally everything – except build Malice of course. It’s a handicap I just dont see a reason for.

2) Skill 5 needs to have a different color while kneeling. There were a number of times i went to cancel (move free) and ended up kneeling – or I noticed I kneeled again and went to cancel – ending up canceling and kneeling again… this resulted in my death many times.

3) I’d like to be able to cancel my kneel just by moving (WASD), not by hitting 5 again which gave me a lot of problems (read above). If kneeling were canceled by just moving (not by dodging, which is great to allow while kneeling), this would open up a 5th kneeling skill! Could open it up to be Death’s Judgement, and keep skill 4 as retreat in both standing & kneeling, idk options are pretty endless!

4) Stolen skills disappear when the mark wears off. Again, stealing from enemies keeps the stolen skill to use elsewhere – albeit less potent stolen skills (thank you for the upgrade). I’d like to have ‘em after the mark wears off but I understand there’s more likely tradeoff reasons (likely due to them directly affecting the stolen target and being more powerful than standard stolen skills).

Everything else I was really happy with and really enjoyed the cantrips, they each have their time, place, and reasons for use.

PS to the forums: A lot of people on here say malice builds too slow, but they dont understand A-net (and myself) doesn’t want thieves running around blasting people for 30k with a 1s setup (remember heartseeker just after release?), instantly refreshing and doing it again – that is just asinine and would literally be gamebreaking. Theres a reason it builds slowly.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My take on DE:

-A one trick pony. Ranged damage and that’s it. Compared with Holomancer, which has the total package…melee, ranged, aoe damage…and it falls far short.

I came into the weekend expecting to make Deadeye my main for the expac. I left the weekend looking forward to playing Holomancer.

Well of course everyone is going to play the overtuned class with faceroll abilities. People generally enjoy being stronger with less effort. Doesn’t mean all the other classes are terrible though when one is just too overpowered.

Totally disagree with this point, I also came away wanting to play Holosmith and it had nothing to do with the numbers. It was enjoyable to play, the skills all worked off of the new mechanics and meshed together beautifully.

With Deadeye, Cantrips brings nothing special or even fun to the table; they don’t feel connected to the malice mechanic which is actually just a damage modifier. Furthermore Malice stacks too slow and is removed when switching targets, it’s like stacking might but it just doesn’t work as well.

Malice should influence the effectiveness of Cantrips and core rifle skills in more ways than just damage. Make it fire more bullets, or shots explode on impact, or bounce. Get rid of prone and make Malice actually do something!!!!

I mean Skill 5 to go prone is totally not needed, you could easily just make that Deaths Judgment and leave the skill 4 as the dodge, which for me was the best skill Deadeye had.

Well the build I had success with I only used the elite Cantrip which isn’t flashy or new but useful, and the aoe knockback one. I didn’t find the others worth using at the time. How could you not at least consider an aoe knockback and launch fun? Thieves been wanting it forever to complete their trollism.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

there needs to be new postings on this already. – need more feedback

in Thief

Posted by: flyingfox.6150

flyingfox.6150

My feedback is -

A spec that excels in considerable space and terrain between you and your target.
More of a set-up and decimate class than a reactive, agile one.

I can’t wait to specialize in this role once the expansion hits. Slower pace, better planning and make your decisions count.

What I would like is see is Malice should act exactly like regular steal, no casting time and not affected by LoS. If I got you in my sights, you’re mine. It’s not a godkitten projectile I throw at you like a sticky bomb.

in Thief

Posted by: Jack Redline.5379

Jack Redline.5379

hi i noticed you are looking for feedback for the new specs. well uffff -_- i am not happy to say this but i am dissapointed by Deadeye. I play only thief i have one warior and one ranger in case of need but i am only thief player cuz i love its mechanics and gamestyle. i am sure some ppl will dissagree some might maybe agree but here is my point.

1st Rifle – okay i cant tell you what gun to give to whom and i get your point why rifle. but i am sure that thief in this case just bought one for a team. Imho you knew that rifle needs to get used more often cuz reasons. i will not name those i think stood behind this. Anyway i think that even tho idea of thief being sniper is very nice it takes the essence of thief from this class. Rifle could totaly go to ranger they would finaly be a bit more offensive class.

2nd Imovability – making thief imovable while attacking altho from a far is really bad idea. My point is that in PVP or PvE (dungeons,raids) it will be useless, maps are not built the way you could just sit somewhere and camp at enemy, not to mention when you get to encountered by mesmer and his illusions or even ranger and his pet. they both have ability to make you to aim on their illusion/pet and that will make you vulnerable you will have to stop your camping, move backwards and you will loose all your time cuz enemy will be close enough to kill you not to mention ranger can attack you with longbow already from where he stands. Thief always had advantage of movability (three – five dodges, shadowstep, steal etc) but this takes it from him which makes him unbelievably weaker not to mention thief alongside with guardian and elementalist have THE lowest health of all if you dont bust all in Vitality/toughness which takes condi/power/expertise from you which was usually needed and better for thief.

3rd Vulnerability as condition in #1 attack – I was like WHAT? Vulnerability? Why? It is THE most useless condition of all. Not to mention a bit of realizm wouldn’t hurt. Like rifle isnt shooting potatoes or rocks so it could damage your armor so bad you would get vulnerable. In best case rifle shoots fast and small bullets that would fly through you leaving small but badly bleeding wound. Armor would have small hole in it and so would your character which would cause severe bleeding.

4th no melee attack at rifle – i maybe am going too far with this one but i can imagine rifle not to have Double tap attack and instead have at least one melee attack in case someone acctually gets to you (say another sneaky stealthy thief who doesnt play Deadeye) this attack should cause Daze at least 1,5 sec because thief seriously lack any kind of daze. Thief has only 4 attacks that daze for 1/4 sec and two of it are uttilities. I am not counting Sleight of hand , Tactical strike and Mace head crack because these require you to steal first and while doing so you must throw yourself in stealth which is case if you play Trickery, Deception, something and that totaly changes whole gameplay of yours so it is different case. But if you want to play Deadeye you need at least one daze attack otherwise you would have to play Rifle and second set something with secondary pistol or shortbow and there is no reason for anyone to play rifle/shortbow.

I like the idea of Deadeye but it could be improved a bit this is my oppinion hate me for it if you must. But if you read it i am sure you get my point.

thank you for your time and sorry

(edited by Jack Redline.5379)

in Thief

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

hi i noticed you are looking for feedback for the new specs. well uffff -_- i am not happy to say this but i am dissapointed by Deadeye. I play only thief i have one warior and one ranger in case of need but i am only thief player cuz i love its mechanics and gamestyle. i am sure some ppl will dissagree some might maybe agree but here is my point.

1st Rifle – okay i cant tell you what gun to give to whom and i get your point why rifle. but i am sure that thief in this case just bought one for a team. Imho you knew that rifle needs to get used more often cuz reasons. i will not name those i think stood behind this. Anyway i think that even tho idea of thief being sniper is very nice it takes the essence of thief from this class. Rifle could totaly go to ranger they would finaly be a bit more offensive class.

2nd Imovability – making thief imovable while attacking altho from a far is really bad idea. My point is that in PVP or PvE (dungeons,raids) it will be useless, maps are not built the way you could just sit somewhere and camp at enemy, not to mention when you get to encountered by mesmer and his illusions or even ranger and his pet. they both have ability to make you to aim on their illusion/pet and that will make you vulnerable you will have to stop your camping, move backwards and you will loose all your time cuz enemy will be close enough to kill you not to mention ranger can attack you with longbow already from where he stands. Thief always had advantage of movability (three – five dodges, shadowstep, steal etc) but this takes it from him which makes him unbelievably weaker not to mention thief alongside with guardian and elementalist have THE lowest health of all if you dont bust all in Vitality/toughness which takes condi/power/expertise from you which was usually needed and better for thief.

3rd Vulnerability as condition in #1 attack – I was like WHAT? Vulnerability? Why? It is THE most useless condition of all. Not to mention a bit of realizm wouldn’t hurt. Like rifle isnt shooting potatoes or rocks so it could damage your armor so bad you would get vulnerable. In best case rifle shoots fast and small bullets that would fly through you leaving small but badly bleeding wound. Armor would have small hole in it and so would your character which would cause severe bleeding.

4th no melee attack at rifle – i maybe am going too far with this one but i can imagine rifle not to have Double tap attack and instead have at least one melee attack in case someone acctually gets to you (say another sneaky stealthy thief who doesnt play Deadeye) this attack should cause Daze at least 1,5 sec because thief seriously lack any kind of daze. Thief has only 4 attacks that daze for 1/4 sec and two of it are uttilities. I am not counting Sleight of hand , Tactical strike and Mace head crack because these require you to steal first and while doing so you must throw yourself in stealth which is case if you play Trickery, Deception, something and that totaly changes whole gameplay of yours so it is different case. But if you want to play Deadeye you need at least one daze attack otherwise you would have to play Rifle and second set something with secondary pistol or shortbow and there is no reason for anyone to play rifle/shortbow.

I like the idea of Deadeye but it could be improved a bit this is my oppinion hate me for it if you must. But if you read it i am sure you get my point.

thank you for your time and sorry

instead of deaths retreat, we could have Rifle Butt and knock them boys back OR make Deaths retreat act like the OLD Hard to Catch but NOT deal damage when teleporting

in Thief

Posted by: Elan.7523

Elan.7523

My feedback is limited to two QOL issues with it.

First off, Deadeye Mark, for being so important for the class, is fairly clunky to use. It has a cast time to mark, but any stolen abilities are instacast. I can’t help but feel like the mechanic would feel a lot better if this was reversed, with the mark being instant and the stolen skill having a cast time. Further, the loss of stolen skills when it refreshes is extremely unfortunate.

The second is in relation to the rate of malice gain. It just feels to build too slowly. Most mobs could be burst down when at 2-3 stacks of malice, and then the whole thing resets at their death. This means big payoff skills and traits that work (or work best at) at full stacks don’t get to be fully utilized most of the time. For example, Death’s Judgement is barely touched against most mobs because the damage isn’t worth it for the initiative cost until you are at full stacks, but at the point you could use it the target is typically dead. Similarly, the trait Perfectionist, which triggers boons at full stacks, likewise fails to proc often due to a lack of malice.

If the malice was gained a bit faster by default, or if malice stacks degraded as opposed to totally being deleted upon the death of your target or reset of the Deadeye’s Mark, there would be far more utility in the malice system. As is, usually your targets die before you can capitalize on it and all stacks vanish.