Deadeye IS fun.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

How about some positivity in these forums for Deadeye? I had a ton of fun picking off those Guardians and Engis who tore us Thieves a new one last expac from a distance and laughing at their sad attempts to stay alive now that we don’t need to walk into their ez win aoes to kill them. Even with Marauder Amulet, running strength runes, I was able to hit 17k crits on Lights and 13k’s on Heavies with Kneeling skill 4. It was beautiful though I do expect that to get nerfed ever so slightly. Regardless, it’s an interesting new way to play Thief and offers some neat stuff for Thief zerging and PvP. 1v1’s are fine too, don’t pay attention to the scrubs who don’t know how to use it. Just don’t expect to be able to hold points in PvP as your job will be specifically long range ganking, Staff Ele style but better. Should be a nice addition to a PvP team if they can coordinate targets well.

And to all those people complaining about how Sniper is boring… what did you expect? It’s a sniper. Did you want to essentially be a Longbow ranger instead? Cuz if that’s the case, maybe you should just play Ranger. Besides, there’s always Daredevil if you prefer mobility and an evasive playstyle. Just because Deadeye is the new hotness doesn’t mean you HAVE to play it. That’s the point of the elite specs, to give you something different, not better than what you had before. So I get that you’re salty that you don’t like your new elite spec but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. Just means its not your style.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

I enjoy the gameplay

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I agree it’s fun. I love being that sniper that everyone on the field is afraid of being targeted by and the ensuing panic that comes when they see that mark. However, in pvp I’d say it’s pretty bad as far as optimal choices go. D/p dash daredevil wipes the floor with deadeye due to it’s slow attacks and lack of consistent targeted mobility + d/p blinds removing most of your damage. Condi builds make it rough even with sa’s condi clear because there’s so many burst condi builds out there. So it’s fun and very cool thematically, but imo not competetive without extreme team support and communication.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

I LOOOOVE the dead eye. My gripe is that 1,500 doesn’t feel like enough when knealt. And I wish you could just tap the jump button to stand back up instead of having to reach up and press 5 again.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I guess I happen to like a static playstyle from a class that acted like an eternal bouncing spring for 5 years. It’s fine by me.

You OP however need to get rid of all the salt you’ve accumulated over the years. Your fun looks unhealthy seeing the way you describe all that.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I enjoyed it, excited to see what tweaks they will make based off this weekend’s feedback. Even if it’s just the QOL change of making jump cancel kneel.

Had loads of fun fighting as and against Deadeye in WvW this weekend.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I enjoyed the Deadeye, but it does have some issues that need to be addressed. It needs to feel more fluid for one. Range needs to be increased a bit also.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

It’s fun and I LOVE the idea of it. There are things that need fixing because I want to love it AND play it without feeling like in holding my team back

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

I enjoyed the Deadeye, but it does have some issues that need to be addressed. It needs to feel more fluid for one. Range needs to be increased a bit also.

It allready has the highest range available of any other weapon in game, even longbow ranger

honestly, im finding it fun, the sole reason why im farming for the predator now.

its interesting how the skill cap is different in pvp with deadeye, with other classes, you have to have knowledge of your character attacks, rotations, and best way to use fields in order to dish damage.

with deadeye however, it does not requires skill to do damage, the class does that easily by itself, no, the skill must come from learning when to attack, how to aproach, from where to attack, and most important, when and how to retreat to prepare for the next ambush.

they got the feeling of Sniping pretty well imo; position, ambush, reposition, ambush, etc

(edited by Tora.7214)

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Of the new elites I’ve checked out, Deadeye is in my top three that I want to play, and I don’t even play thief all that much… I’m really looking forward to it. I liked Daredevil, but I can really see myself enjoying this spec….

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

dunno how u have problems with guardians on any thief tbh with you..

core guardian cant do kitten vs thief and is a deadman walking
Dragonhunters are so obvious when they stand still on their traps only a kitten would jump in. without the traps DH isnt going to do anything either.

engi’s ye pain in the ass to fight but i enjoy these fights the most.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

It allready has the highest range available of any other weapon in game, even longbow ranger

honestly, im finding it fun, the sole reason why im farming for the predator now.

its interesting how the skill cap is different in pvp with deadeye, with other classes, you have to have knowledge of your character attacks, rotations, and best way to use fields in order to dish damage.

with deadeye however, it does not requires skill to do damage, the class does that easily by itself, no, the skill must come from learning when to attack, how to aproach, from where to attack, and most important, when and how to retreat to prepare for the next ambush.

they got the feeling of Sniping pretty well imo; position, ambush, reposition, ambush, etc

Looks like it is the same to me, but only when kneeling for Deadeye. Pretty sure Ranger used to have higher range than 1500 with a trait, but I haven’t played in a long time.

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

Looks like it is the same to me, but only when kneeling for Deadeye. Pretty sure Ranger used to have higher range than 1500 with a trait, but I haven’t played in a long time.

ranger range used to be 900 with longbow, then 1200 with a trait, then it was changed to have base 1500, currently the only class who can shoot that far, now they will share the long range throne with deadeyes

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

ranger range used to be 900 with longbow, then 1200 with a trait, then it was changed to have base 1500, currently the only class who can shoot that far, now they will share the long range throne with deadeyes

While ranger is better at bursting, AOE, CC and utility at this range.

(edited by Warrost.4895)

Deadeye IS fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

dunno how u have problems with guardians on any thief tbh with you..

core guardian cant do kitten vs thief and is a deadman walking
Dragonhunters are so obvious when they stand still on their traps only a kitten would jump in. without the traps DH isnt going to do anything either.

engi’s ye pain in the ass to fight but i enjoy these fights the most.

I guess I happen to like a static playstyle from a class that acted like an eternal bouncing spring for 5 years. It’s fine by me.

You OP however need to get rid of all the salt you’ve accumulated over the years. Your fun looks unhealthy seeing the way you describe all that.

In response to both, I can take these guys on just fine now that they have both been balanced to be more in line with the other specs but when HoT launched, man these two elite specs were the bane of my existence. One shot, unblockable daze traps from DH and unkillable, endless sustain, high-damage Scrappers were incredibly frustrating.