Deadeye: PvE focus

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

While in a Fractals or Raid what kind of setup would we (thiefs) use? Revert to Daredevil or adjust/switch specs, traits and weapons from encounter to encounter?

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Same ol’ daredevil.
I am sure daredevil will get heavy nerfs, to make deadeye viable, but I am sure drd will stay a better option nearly everywhere.

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Under the current DE implementation, if you’re bored of DD, you should try one of the other classes. DE is horrible for every aspect of the game except open world PvE…but really, literally everything works for that.

A lb Soulbeast can burst you harder in a shorter amount of time before you even have time to react from over 1500 range compared to DE with just 3 skills (elite – 4 – 2). Their auto attacks also hits for something like 3 times DE’s auto attack. Think I’m making this up? I’m not – I had a friend test it on me.

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Under the current DE implementation, if you’re bored of DD, you you try one of the other classes. DE is horrible for every aspect of the game except open world PvE…but really, literally everything works for that.

A lb Soulbeast can burst you harder in a shorter amount of time before you even have time to react from over 1500 range compared to DE with just 3 skills (elite – 4 – 2). Their auto attacks also hits for something like 3 times DE’s auto attack. Think I’m making this up? I’m not – I had a friend test it on me.

I think deadeye is scrapper 2.0…except scrapper is usefull in pvp, while deadeye won’t shine anywhere.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

tried deadeye a bit again tonight in blob fight, its not ALL that bad for WvW but the thing is, u cant stick with ur commander ull always be somewhere on side lines if enemy blob turns to you ur pretty much kittened u either get to run off away from ur teamm8s or just hide and hope they give up on u.

but today i went and tried i banged down ALOT of people quite fast its fun but when they realised in 4th fight i was (didnt even know) banging down there commander all the time they went straight for me i couldnt do anything no condi cleanse no real ways to gtfo fast (cant get used to that kneel kitten i keep trying to run forget to press 5 again).

beside that necro i can bang down to 20% hp quite easy without any real tricks.
ele goes down in a flash
thief goes down in a flash
warrior saves him self by that 0 dmg crap
guard will go down also easily
ranger same as warrior
engi wasnt much of a hassle also when their elexirs on cd

so is it bad, no is it usefull? well in my eyes not cus w/e i did i could do same on daredevil apart from fact i had to get in and out but i think a DD would have downed the people alot faster. not cus dmg is so much better but simply cus skills are much faster the rifle is just a slow thing would use it more as off hand weapon then as primary but then i have to spec this kitten elite that has no use for better weapons..